15 min ban because of leaving battle

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Rory34390, Aug 15, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should we remove the 15 min ban from leaving a battle?

Poll closed Aug 22, 2014.
  1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rory34390

Rory34390 Someday Author

hi,

When i am doing pvp and my computer freezes for 30 seconds or more/if dso crashes when i go back on or it unfreezes i am kicked out of the battle with no points and a 15 min ban. i think that they should remove the 15 min ban because i got it when i didn't do anything wrong... 2 times in a row (5v5, crashed,15 min ban,5v5, froze,15 min ban). i think dso owes me about 5000 honour points from the battles that i got kicked out of.

2. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

No way! 15 min ban discourages people from leaving the game and just finding a new one until they can win.

3. Rory34390

Rory34390 Someday Author

Yes but, why should I get a ban because the game crashes or freezes? They can at least reduce the ban time.

4. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

I played before there was a 15 minute ban. People were constantly leaving matches and re-registering. There has to be some kind of ban. I think 15 minutes is fine... but 10 mins, or whatever... they can't go back to having no ban.

Unfortunately, I don't think the server can tell the difference between a crash/freeze and exiting a program. It just knows you are gone from the match.

Serenthía likes this.
  5. WilliamMunny

WilliamMunny Forum Apprentice

Crappy deal as I've experienced the very same thing a number of times. Maybe a reduction to ten minutes...

6. razer0101

razer0101 Old Hand

if 15min will be remove all player will leave match with bad players

7. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

15 minute ban has been in effect for a long time. All that has changed recently is the inactivity timer. They lowered it by about 10 seconds from what I can detect. I'm guessing that is your root issue.

8. UnkownOutsider

UnkownOutsider Forum Apprentice

15min is perfect time to run blackborg/varholm 1x if you have ban...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.