164 Connection Bug

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by iNeXoRaBlE, May 11, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Hello! Since the new update there are some connection problems... When i try to login i have this screen http://prntscr.com/b2oq52 .... And Sometimes when i finaly login, have problem with the chat i can't connect to the chat either.

2. herosan70

herosan70 Forum Apprentice

same problem brown screen have to close client every time i change map

3. Aerion

Aerion Someday Author

Hello iNeXoRaBlE and herosan70,

Please try the steps mentioned in the Technical FAQ. If it doesn't work, send a detailed report to the support.

Cheers.

4. herosan70

herosan70 Forum Apprentice

same problem brown screen every where lost many frag in altera nova port this happen since R164 come

TheBlackAdder likes this.
  5. -nikki65-

-nikki65- Forum Greenhorn

i have had an issue every since the latest update, but this issue is only on my main toon and all my other toons are completely fine. on my main toon i cannot travel anywhere, dismount, mount, gamble, switch toons, or log out. i have to completely close client, or refresh page when on browser. also when i load in all the players on the screen are running in place and all the other players on the map are invisible and i cannot see their names, i can only see their pets. but like i said i only have this issue on my main toon. my other toons have no issues. any advice?

6. Aerion

Aerion Someday Author

Hi -nikki65-,

That is a known issue and we cannot help you here in the forums. You need to send your latest Client log file and Dump file to the support.

Cheers

How do I access those files?

7. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Same here. For the main lvl 50 character I have to wait a lot, a EDIT lot, to load maps... especially cities. The other small lvl chars have no problems, they load immediately. I suspect the compendium because it's full for the lvl 50 char and almost empty for the low lvl ones, hence I suggest that the compendium should be removed. Add it on the site or wiki, that would save Trakilaki a lot of work too. The damn dump is the cause of lots of problems.

Last edited by moderator: May 15, 2016
  8. ElveElve

ElveElve Someday Author

I've managed to partially investigate/reproduce the issue.

Whenever I zone into a new area (either a city, or a map, might be solo or in a team doesnt matter) the brown screen occurs, about 30% of the time.

Whenever it does, the whole BANDWIDTH of my internet connection gets consumed! to the point i cannot even browse the internet. The whole thing is attributed to the dso_client.exe process as shown in the task manager.

It looks like there is a loop stuck on some kind of a file, of the form while (!downloaded) download(); which, any dev would see as a potential infinite loop. also there is a race condition because the issue does not always occur (what fun! consider sacking the 'developer' and get someone with real knowledge)

Here is the screen showing the whole issue: Please be aware that even though I can move etc. there are players missing from the map (see the abandoned pets), i cannot interact with anything, cannot go to a new map, and of course the whole bandwidth is consumed, as shown on the internet graph. The shot:

[​IMG]

Edit: yes, i've cleared the ../tmp/dsoclient folder multiple times, uninstalled the client etc. no help. Whenever this 'race condition' situation occurs i have to restart the client.

Edit2: Please have a look at the graph closely, see the first two 'spikes' these were a) me firing up the client, loading the city area, then 2nd was going q3m1. The 'consumed bandwidth' occured when i teleported to the city again, once the map was cleared, and of course as you see it got stuck, eating up the entire connection (i had to close the game to write this post, otherwise google/forum would not load!!)

I hope this helps investigate the issue,

Elve

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  9. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Can someone from the mods pass this up to the development team? I have the exact same problem, if the main char connects, after sometime the game consumes all the available bandwidth.

10. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

We will.

Cheers.

iNeXoRaBlE likes this.
  11. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

If you normally monitor your internet you'll notice that immediately... They didn't even knew that part of it?! o_O

12. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

Hey :p
    The French already caught up with this a week ago. Mods reported it to BP...

as you see...

no improvement...

13. tins89

tins89 Forum Apprentice

Did this issue got resolved? Bcause I'm facing the same issue everyday. With my lvl50 toon whenever I do Pws run and everyone uses their skills game get freeze for me. Invisibile mosters and all my teammates. Died lot of times.

14. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @tins89 ,

It should be resolved. Anyhow, some players are still facing this problem.
    Please, contact our Support Team and provide them the information needed, including client logs.

We are sending this situation every week to Drakensang Team, but you really need to contact our support team since now there are some particular cases that we cannot through Forum ;)

Thank you :D
    Cheers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.