1K gold cloak quest

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by marhun, Aug 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marhun

marhun Junior Expert

I know a lot of users have already completed this quest and now i know how grueling this quest is especially the knight ocean frags... DSO this is not fun by any means... I know i have bad luck but seriously 0 frags in 40 runs of ocean... anyone else had this much bad luck

2. bruluci

bruluci Forum Apprentice

it's a tough quest, hang in there.

3. xEthnic

xEthnic Living Forum Legend

Needed 6 Hours for the last 3 Pieces.
    rest was fast.

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

No way!!! :D
    Tell me about it. I was doing that quest for 8 months. :D

5. xEthnic

xEthnic Living Forum Legend

Sometimes i got lik 2-3 Priest items per round :p
    My best Drop: 3 Priests, 2 1k Cloak Items, 3 Spectral Lights, 3 Strong Frags

6. trakilaki

But of course. I started this quest almost immediately after it became available. That is more than a 1,5 years ago ... and in that time there were not many strong players that could help me. Every single run lasted for hours. :D

7. Trailboss1

Trailboss1 Forum Mogul

I'm working on that same quest now. It is grueling and very tedious but after a long time I'm about half way done. I'm not in to big of a rush though cause I only have about 300 gold so far lol. It'll happen, just keep grinding away at it. :D

8. Greekhell

Greekhell Advanced

I think that the game engeeners wants to make sure that you will have the gold by the time you finish the quest. It really took me for ever till I get this done

9. bruluci

bruluci Forum Apprentice

the 12 drops takes F O R E V E R. I noticed that a lot of times when i did get a drop, it was on the last knight in the map.
    Just chance I'm sure. Never gotten two drops in one cleared map.

The gold was actually easier then it seems. If you have premium and can identify items for free, runs in Map2 will do the trick. Some players will be receiving a week or 2 of premium in compensation for the progress bug. If you are on the cloak quest, I recommend using the premium week/weeks to farm,identify and sell extraordinary items as they are all worth more than 1 gold.

Hope this helps :>'

10. khagaroth

khagaroth Forum Greenhorn

Something I noticed is, that I got absolutely pathetic droprate until I got over the gold requirement. Once I was well over it, the droprate improved drastically.

11. mwolfe09

mwolfe09 Forum Apprentice

khagaroth, i wish that was the case. I have had over 1k gold for a while and still need ocean and hod drops :( almost there, but taking 4ever.

If you have premium, then gold is easy, just ID for more money before you sell it.

12. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Completely agree.... The hod drops (dark cloth) are almost non existent. I have the other items, including the gold, but the dark cloth drops are roughly 1 drop per 5.5 full runs. As 30 are needed, it will, if remaining average take a total of 165 runs to complete the cloak quest...

Completing the ocean section was mind numbing to say the least, but the hod section really makes me question why anyone would bother..

For all the bugs this game has, it is the pitiful drop rate that will eventually make me quit the game... Crafting is a bad joke to begin with, and trying to get the few unique items that are worth having is even worse. Really takes a lot of the fun out of the game.

13. bruluci

bruluci Forum Apprentice

Here's a weird glitch i happened across, May be helpful to some...

I have the cloak quest and weapons of the end of time quest - both have drops in Map1
    Noticed that i was only getting drops for the weapon quest, even from ghosts (which is incorrect)
    Once i finished the drops i needed for the weapons quest, i started getting drops for cloak... FINALLY!
    dropping about 1 every other clear, which is fine by me.

Made it to 5/12 before the last patch, now i can't get a drop again after dozens of clears...

random glitch, broken quest, or by-design?

Whatever the case maybe, it sure is frustrating and un-fun

14. trakilaki

Maybe just a bad "luck". I remember when I was doing both in same time ... I got drops for both quests at same time.

15. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

One cloak part per two map clearings is very frequent, in my experience. I'm not surprised the rate dropped on you. Similarly, though, I got three parts in my first five runs, then went for many weeks without a single drop.

Maybe three for five was beginners luck, maybe something else, I dunno... and none of us probably ever will (except the programmers). Is it just another coincidence that our experiences seem to be very similar (1/2... 3/5)... good beginner's luck, then no luck at all? That's something we'll probably never know as well.

Edit: My experience was over a year ago so recent patches, or other current factors, do not apply. In my experience, with odds of certain drops in this game being so low, (when something does drop) it is easy to imagine patterns that may, or may not, exist.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  16. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I did weapon and cloak quest at the same time and the drops were quicker for the weapon but I got drops for both.. The ocean section actually went relatively quick, it was the hod section where the drops fell considerably.

I finished the cloak quest yesterday and ended up with a total of 162 full runs in hod to complete the quest.

Having the gold did not improve the rate of drops, at least for me.

If you google cloak of power quest you'll see it took everyone a long time to finish... although some feel the drops were better as explained in the old thread.

Here is one older thread on the subject:

https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/cloak-fragments-in-hod-non-existent.4784/

17. Trailboss1

Trailboss1 Forum Mogul

I still need 19 dark clothes and 3 shards. And only 1 Mortis drop for the weapon.

I am not as dedicated as most of y'all. I can make 2-4 runs on map1 solo than get bored and switch to map2. After a couple runs there I get bored and maybe hit a PW.

I have recently took a 3 day vacation from the game. I have done this before in my entire DSO gaming career :rolleyes:

I'm gettin very bored trying to farm for these dam frags and not anything. PW caves is kinda fun, but a pain trying to get a decent 2 people to run with. I hardly ever play in a full group, unless it's guildies and/or friends.

But yeah, I would really like to see the drop rate increased atleast a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.