2.0 gear to get when sets aren't an option (for now)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Rhysingstar, May 18, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

*** Gently tempts Baragain ***

Having gone through the wealth of the 2h balanced builds, what can I do when the luck of the drops is not available?

What to get when you can't buy Dragonache or can't get Keens?

There were a few specifics mentioned:

Belt = Crit and Crit dmg
    Weapon decoration = Crit and Crit Dmg
    Boots = Armor and HP
    Gloves = Armor and HP
    Torso = Armor and % Dmg

So with these parameters set (again by Baragain) how do I get there when without the tough sets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a threshold, I'd say that the minimum stats that you'd be able to pull of fatal solo while using blues for bosses would be:

2400-3000 damage
    1.3 attack speed
    10k HP
    4500-5000 armor
    1500-2500 crit
    20%-25% crit damage
    1800 resistance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I get the speed without rearranging the talent choices? Or do they need to be rearranged?

Using the Warlord set I get that nice dmg bonus.

However when I use the weapon talent (behemoth), I lose speed.

So basically I start with a speed of 1,11 if using an axe or hammer to get the crit boost.

Bumping that to 1.3 it requires some extra thought.

I had to take away talent points from HP and DMG to get my speed up to that point and I have 5 sapphires of 6.5% in my adornment, plus my gloves have 7,66 speed.

[​IMG]

Where do I get the 1800 resist lines?

Currently I have 10 radiant (+100 diamonds) plus have some resist lines in some gear, yet only have 1500. Getting that additional 300 would be tough if I give up the resist lines in the gear.

Using the above threshold as a benchmark, I get close. I'm a little short on the dmg when shifting talents around, but I hit the mark in speed, hp, armor, crit and close on crit %. I also come up short on resist.

So I am getting there.

When looking over my gear, I'll really mess things up if I'm not careful and cause more harm then good. (been there, done that)

However, with crafting 2.0 coming soon, it opens up some new possibilities other than relying on a "drop" to happen.

So my question is:

Rings? What type of lines?
    Amulet? What type of lines?
    Adornment? What type of lines?

Given that the above (torso, belt, gloves and boots) remain the same.

Here's what I have to work with now: ( I know the cyanite gems aren't helping much, but they drop so often. I have more in my locker.)

Amulet - 600 crit - 176 Resist (500 HP in gems)
    Cape - Warlord (70 HP in gem)
    Belt - Keens 381 Armor. 533 Health (410 HP in gems)
    Ring - 56 dmg, 423 HP, 220 crit (350 HP in gems)
    Ring - 743 HP, 44 dmg (350 HP gems)
    Adornment - 81 dmg, 214 crit (5 x 6,5% sapphires)
    Weapon - 664-884 dmg, 2824 crit (5 x 22 rubies)
    Helmet - Warlord - lvl 51 (2x5% crit gems, 1x5 rage gem, 70HP-70armor gem)
    Shoulders - Warlord - lvl 53 (500 armor gems) Not best choice I know
    Torso - 1166 armor, 211 resist (500 armor gems)
    Gloves - 103 armor, 34 dmg, 7,66 speed (500 resist in gems)
    Boots - 411 armor, 567 HP (500 resist in gems)

With the rearranging of talent points (to boost speed), I get this:

[​IMG]

I definitely need to be smarter when choosing gear, but now that I don't have to rely totally on the luck of the drop, it should be easier.

Once I have the draken, the amulet, ring, ring become an easy choice. If the keens boots and gloves drop, the choice once again becomes easy.

But until then, I just want to hit that suggested threshold.

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Consider me tempted. I'll get to it sometime tonight.

EDIT:
    Sometime tomorrow night... It took a while to finish up the crafting methodology in the other thread.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  3. Rhysingstar

No worries, I'm doing some basic math on how to get to the basic threshold, but even if I come up with a way to get there, doesn't mean it will be the best way.

My gear selection has always been based on impatience and luck of the drop. Now that we get a little bit of say in what we can have, it is time to really put some thought into it.

I'll update this post with my math later today and you can show me where I'm wrong :D

*Edit*

So given my current gear, I beat on my calculator and determined that this thread should have been entitled "Why impatience is not an effective way to build a Dk"

In order to get as close as possible to the threshold while not throwing away every single piece of gear.

I could rearrange my talent choices to have 15 in speed, 35 in dmg.

I would have to go back to the full armor torso, throw on new boots with 2 lines hp and 2 lines of resist, find gloves with 1 speed line of at least 7,66 and 3 lines of hp.

Yet I would still have the crit damage issue, but everything else would be in line.

I would be at 2363-3009 dmg, 1.3 speed, little over 10K hp, and still hit the 4500 armor, 3846 crit and 1800 resist.

Without improving the crit dmg (I would be stuck at 110) my dps would still come in at 4860.2

Not nearly as good as it should be.

Once I start playing around with rings and belts, I lose a ton of HP that would have to be made up somewhere.

So my plan to begin 2.0 is a better weapon. If I can boost my dmg a few hundred, that will allow me to play around with the talent points.

As it stands today, the only pieces of gear worth keeping are the Warlord set and keen belt. That's just sad.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  4. RichMan

RichMan Active Author

[​IMG]
    This is what i use right now as my main basic damage build. The only uniques are The witch hunter set and Bloodtooth the rest are legendaris and i use a 2handed sword. I have 25 points on damage 15 on hp and the 10 on Behemont. The legendary gloves and boots i use are with armour the gloves have a 6% speed and the boots a 8% travel speed but the armour lines are actualy low and i cant get my armour to more than that unless i upgrade them or find better which never happened. So i hope after my holidays away from the game i will put the crafting 2.0 at good use to get boots and gloves. The rest of my gear is already what i want so i dont need more than what i have now. Every gem is radiant btw. Left side diamonds and right side amethists with cyanites in my torso. And btw the keen set i find it kind of useless to use with a damage setup because legendarys are way better and you have Warlord set and you can get a decent torso with armour plus the 15% armour. I wonder how my toon will change when i will get my hands on that set(if i ever will get it)

5. Rhysingstar

If you wanted to boost your armor up an additional 1100 points and resist up 500 points, how would you do it and what would you lose in the process?

Remember, this is the target:

2400-3000 damage
    1.3 attack speed
    10k HP
    4500-5000 armor
    1500-2500 crit
    20%-25% crit damage
    1800 resistance

6. RichMan

RichMan Active Author

The armor i would upgrade my boots and gloves till i craft new ones with better lines that will go level up too. Resistance comes from gems so farm and buy for higher tires(Thats for my setup). Thats my only goal for now on my toon. All left items are crit and crit damage which i need to find the same ones but with higher crit damage lines. Still i am very happy with it and the only thing that i have upgraded for my damage is the sword which is at 52(1000max damage with 4x-16 damage gems).So for my toon the way i do it i wont lose anything from my other stats. It all depends on the items you have and from where you want to gain your offensive and defensive stats which mine are defensive on the right and full offensive on the left.It all depends on the way you choose to build your char and the luck you have. thats why all my inv is full of legs that i want to use if i drop something else and they go together.
    Regarding your items i would switch for sure the gloves and boots for armour only and attack/travel speed.

I really cant tell actually a lot of improvements because i am playing with Witch chaser set so i have 0 experience from Warlord set because i dont have it. The speed boost for me its good to get me at 1.3 with 0 points on speed in the knowledge tree.Once i will get the set i will tel you what it will happen till then good luck :D sorry for not helping much xD

7. Rhysingstar

Every bit of information helps. My biggest problem has been impatience. I get a drop that helps me today, but since I don't think about tomorrow, my stats go up and down like a yo-yo.

I pick up armor, but lose hp. I pick up resist but lose crit. While for the most part I've made incremental increases, if I would have asked better questions earlier and actually followed the advice, I would be much better off.

On top of that, how many other players stumbling across the forum can learn from my mistakes? So the more people offering some advice, the better for everyone.

Javah likes this.
  8. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'll chime in again later, but due to BP's latest kick to the nuts, I'm in the middle of writing my third in depth analysis of Crafting 2.0 since they released any details. I must be a masochist. :mad:

EDIT:
    I'm holding off my participation until this Crafting 2.0 mess clears up. It might not be feasible to try for some of the goals that I'd have originally recommended.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Zed, Javah, Dragonnns and 2 others like this.
  9. Rhysingstar

I beat on my calculator a bit more and realized that without replacing everything, I can go with this:

Boots (total of 4 lines)
    400 armor
    300 resist
    400 hp

Gloves (total of 4 lines)
    400 armor
    800 hp
    7,66 speed

That would get me much closer to the target goal.

I still have the issue with crit dmg, but no matter how hard I beat the calculator it just doesn't add up without replacing so much of what I have now.

Edit (June 7th)

Okay, I've been playing around with some different gear pieces.

I switched from an axe to a sword for speed while giving up some crit.

That allowed me to keep my HP up.

I switched out my torso that added some dmg, lost just a smidge of armor and rounded out my resist a bit. Overall I'm happier with the new torso.

I switched out a ring that boosted my crit %

----------------- Old ------------------------------------ New ------------------------

[​IMG]

Now the plan moving forward will be to switch out my other ring with one that has crit - crit % - maybe light dmg.

Then switch out my Keen's belt (for now) for a crit - crit %

This should allow me to get my crit back over 20% even with my lousy sword, while boosting my crit % even more. My HP will still be over 11K, so I'm good there.

I'll still have to come up with a bit more resist to hit 1800, so that will take some adjustment somewhere.

If I can manage to find or craft an Axe, life would be easier on the crit side, but for now it is what it is.

Overall (until Baragain) says differently, the entire left side gear will go only crit - crit% and dmg (light on the dmg if possible).

My right side items need more % dmg in the torso and some armor/HP in the gloves.

While I'm torn on the gloves, I know that I need more armor/hp, but currently I have 10% speed, and if I lose that, it will hurt.

Edit 6-8

I hit the mark today :D

I tried crafting a 2 crit / 2 crit dmg ring and ended up with crit/crit%/resist.

This accident however put me right on the very cusp of the minimum threshold.

I could move a few HP gems to reach 11.5K but everything else is right at the bare minimum.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.