2 noob question

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by OptimusStorm, Aug 14, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OptimusStorm

OptimusStorm Forum Greenhorn

first i would like to know what is the orange stats mean[​IMG]
    and second i have 56% all resist but when i battle a boss or miniboss that have fire they almost or sometime kill me in a sec why?

2. Yamaac_chocobo

Yamaac_chocobo Junior Expert

_orange line mean that line have very high value
    _yea, fire mini bosses seem like op, it is far more dangerous than other boss kind.56% is not very high, you should have more hp to tank their fire nova or have more damage to kill them before they kill you ( you can use blue ess to kill those fire boss if needed)

3. OptimusStorm

OptimusStorm Forum Greenhorn

wow that was very fast thank you very much have fun and a nice day

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Yamaac_chocobo is right about the Gold Lines, but I disagree with him on 56% resistance being low. I have 51% and do just fine. What you really need is more HP to survive the blasts. Resistance has diminishing returns, meaning that the more resistance you have, the less % resistance you get from adding more resistance. There comes a point (about 45%-50%) that the amount of resistance you need to add to gain more resistance isn't worth it as much as replacing those lines with HP. I could show you the math on effective HP, or you could take my word for it.

5. girliex

girliex Forum Apprentice

mr. baragain, could you tell me a difference between this resistance...when i faced SW i have problem with fire damage than lighting damage or even boss i matched. i have 45% res & 80% Block rate 62% armor.by the way im a ranger.

6. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Physical damage is filtered by armor.
    Fire damage is filtered 50% by armor and 50% by fire resistance.
    Poison, Lightning and Ice damage is only filtered by resistances.
    Your block rate would block any type of damage.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

cdeepal is right on the money.

The reason you might have more trouble with the fire mini bosses is that their attack is higher damage with a burn as opposed to the lighting mini bosses' little spark. In PvP, the only high damage lightening attack is lighting strike, and if you are not exactly in the center of that attack, you don't take the full damage (and it drops off fast the further you get from the center). If a mage manages to freeze you and get a lightning strike with you dead center, it will hurt more than the fireballs, but since that almost never happens, the damage isn't that big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.