A Few Reasons why Lagensang by bugpoint is dying

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by edrogers58, Sep 8, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

Mentor Twinks at low levels killing new players that enter the game 1 hitting them
    You are a new player think I will try PVP see what this is about can not damage the other player that has sat for years sometimes just doing PVP then 1 hit you are dead
    Is that what anyone calls fun ???
    I know the people with Mentor Twinks will say it is a challenge for the new players like they always do but no it is not it is a joke and you are killing the game
    Somehow there is low level Marshals that got points in 6 v 6 ? lol
    Hardly runs at 55 so yeah
    End Game play is just grind same maps and is boring
    So you get to 55 you get T6 gear you farm get gold lines for said gear what next ??
    The development team answer here Grind some more
    Last few events have been absolute trash with bad rewards and too much grinding
    New Maps that get brought in with level enhancement how many 55's go back through Lor Tac ??
    Maybe to get achievements
    The Uniques offered there have no incentive to farm
    PVP even at 55 is slow so slow
    If you do not have Premium and you get 40 players it is a joke
    I tried for 3 hours 2 days ago to finish this in 5 v 5 on Agathon Server either same people or long wait times so no clover lol
    Bug/Bot Users Banned I know for a fact that yeah this is untrue I know for a fact people play on others accounts
    Some double log to do 1 v 1 and hey I still see that these people are playing
    So yeah no you did not ban all the bot/bug users
    The Development team has there own agenda and do it willy nilly not caring about there community so annoy people and make them leave
    We all know this is a buisness but bad customer service leads to a bankrupt buisness just throwing it out there
    The only reason I even log in anymore is to chat to friends if no one is about I log out
    It is easy for me to walk away from Drakensang and find another game to play because I have refused to spend a cent in my 5-6 years playing
    Anyway that is my 2 cents at some of the reasons why this game is dying which is kind of a shame because I did really enjoy it

2. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Just curious, do you know any other punctuation besides a ???

Anyways, PvP is getting reworked. Who knows what final form that will take, the devs haven't revealed the details yet. But FYI, if you really need to complete a DQ for a clover, it is worthwhile spending the 40 ander per shuffle. There are only 3 possible PvP quests - just pick the one for Plays so you can sit there and twiddle your thumbs while your opponent one-shots you. Therefore, if you were super unlucky, you would spend a max of 240 ander to get a clover. That's dirt cheap compared to some people I see throwing thousands and thousands of andermants at the jesters. I was doing this to finish my PvP dailies for a few months before I went back to getting premium.

.krom70. and Bubble like this.
  3. Xerustes

Xerustes Junior Expert

Funny crying, as the game was fun for you 5-6 years, you could play for free, but everything is Bad :rolleyes:
    Go buy yourself an offlinegame, play about 10-30 hours, you are through and can put it a way. After doing this several times, review your thoughts, maybe you get an insight then ;)

4. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

Offline game with same content that you can run through in 30 hours then maybe do it again ???
    Is that what you are saying mate ???
    This game died for me maybe 3 years ago :)
    Anyway back to your comment , how about you do the same event every 6 months or year . This event has exactly the same bugs prizes as it has for the previous 3 years it has been given to you , except they nerf it everytime and make it more of a grind.
    Wow , does this sound familiar to your offline game ??
    Oh . yes it does !!!! Except for your offline game you don't get continuously nerfed .
    Seeing as though you know it all and I so love know it alls :)
    Why don't you tell me what event they have changed prizes that they run year after year .
    Defeat the Undefeatables ????
    Nope . Sorry same as previous 3-4 time .
    The prizes where different and the set up was different when I was in my 30's heading to 40 when it was the level cap .
    So maybe you can tell me what is the enjoyment of getting the same emote , same pet, same mount , for the same event 3-4 years in a row .
    All it is , is straight out laziness on the developers part ,we will just copy/paste this event bugs and all people will stay happy .
    Wrong people will get bored and leave .

------MERGED-----

yeah I could of
    but no I didn't

Last edited by moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  5. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello there edrogers58 ; I have merged your posts for you. In future, when you see that your post is not followed by posts from other members, please use 'Edit' option to add content to your existing post. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  6. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I don't know the situation with Twinks, so I am not going to comment on that.

I have been to 6vs6 matches several times in the past couple of weeks (of course @55), so they do exist.
    And I remember participating in 6v6 and 3v3 when I was a low level. so, yes they happen in lower levels.

Next is PvP for me. My main intention and where I have most fun is PvP. As long as Pvp is alive I am good.

This one I agree. The last few events are absolute trash and too much grind.
    No one goes back to Lor Tac. Yes, those maps are hardly used.
    But, that isn't just for this game. Most games have such maps where people rarely visit.

I think the Uniques are ok. The biggest problem with the uniques is that the sets are not balanced. For example, no one uses Q1 set and everyone uses Q7 set.

This is because You have been winning too many. I play on Agathon too. I complete 10/20/40 player counts within an hour or less. I get invites to a 5v5 within 5 minutes. However, this is not Your fault. This is due to bad match-making design.

I agree with You that more and more people are leaving. But I don't think that is due to the aforementioned reasons by You.
    The biggest factor that gets people so frustrated and leave the game is Lag and Disconnects.
    I cannot tell You how many times my team members gets disconnected in any given day. For some reason, I am not having much lag/disconnect issues probably because of my location.
    But, there are so many people that I know and also random people who join my group that gets disconnected, brown screens, black screens, waiting for map to load, etc. etc.
    In my opinion, this is the biggest reason people are leaving the game.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  7. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

I have a strong vibe that this game is dying

The director's letter isn't here

8. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

Maybe is already dead and we dont realize. Lets focus on what we have:

1) bugs
    2) lags
    3) cheeaters and xploiters (cant proove but i can feel it)
    4) Almost same old events for years (most of new events were crap)
    5) Disregards from DSO team for players complaints
    6) Almost total lack of communications
    7) No new content for long time
    8) And worst of all the promise of big rebalancing in pvp. Well, as they said, they will remove the items from pve on pvp and this surely will kill this game for good.

9. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

No whine and do it

10. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

that's the norm, so i do not think those are the signs of this game's death

11. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

I quit the game like a month ago and started a game with a decent game engine and i dont regret it at all, almost same style and not the same grinding.
    This game will die if it continues like that. The only thing that i regret about quitting is the friends i have left behind.

One advice to the developers out there. STOP making this game a grindfest, nobody likes that.