A friendly warning from EN Mod/Admin Team

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Callisto, Apr 22, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callisto

Callisto Forum Pro

Hello guys and girls,

It has come to our attention that the program "dsocam" may have a scarier purpose.

Account stealing.

It isn't confirmed, but it seems to be the only connection we can currently Identify between recently "hacked accounts"

Now you know that as a third party program it is against the T&C anyway, but I'm also aware that many of you view it as harmless and just use it for photos.

Please take this warning that you may be putting your account at risk into consideration along with the Terms Of Service for the game.

This is not an official warning from the BP community team, it is a heads up from us personally as we don't want to see anyone else losing their accounts.

akiszax and Jorane4 like this.
  2. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

A lot of us use PlayClaw for screen capture. Is that OK?

3. Callisto

Callisto Forum Pro

Is playclaw like frapes?

4. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

What? How do you steal accounts with DSO cam if the user doesn't post his/her user and password....

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Nah, PlayClaw is not like that software mentioned above. If greedy steam crooks have put it in their store at price of 46 euros ... then it is harmless.
    Still it is not made by BP nor approved by them. Though it does not changes ingame parameters only your PC's/laptop ... so there is nothing to approve.

DesertKoala likes this.
  6. Callisto

Callisto Forum Pro

My personal theory is if it is running before you start up and login to the game, it might be keylogging your actions.

Like I said this is not verified, but from the slight increase that is seen in customer support for hacked accounts, and from discussions it seems to be the only probable cause we can come up with at this time.

7. Noriyull

Noriyull Forum Apprentice

hello guys is there a way to DSO tim make legal dso cam and put it to game ... i think this will be perfect for taking fotos and videos..

AlexgramGR, -Ariq- and Jorane4 like this.
  8. UnknownKnowlegde

UnknownKnowlegde Forum Apprentice

Thanks for warning, but.

1. Might also be because those people tried to download one of all those programs from "free andermanter websites"

2. Of course it's no official warning and I doubt their ever be one, cause why should the devs ban "money" for using a program to take pictures and make videos with?
    It's against the rules, but come on really? :D

Even the devs don't hold their own rules, if it result in losing income.

Remember callisto we are all fair and honest players, haha. ;)

9. AltairBanished

AltairBanished Forum Apprentice

If you mean Screen Capturing and VG Recording. Then i have been making many videos by Bandicam, Fraps & Action Recorders. And to mention not only made vids of DSO but many other games and my Accounts are still safe. And like the Admin said that they might have activated the App. So I always turn on the App after loggin in ...

Zareyna and soxx101 like this.
  10. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

I heard from users of DSOcam that it is not working anymore after the release....

11. DSOCam_DEV

DSOCam_DEV Forum Greenhorn

Dear EN_Callisto, beloved DSO community,

This is a friendly answer from DSOCam developers ( of the original version )

[ this one is the latest version]

1. Our application is 100% safe, it does not yields nor transfers any kind of personal data and definitely does NOT steals user credentials. We developed it for ourselves, then saw it was good and unleashed it to the community

2. We provided the full source code to the application, and explained how it works, one day a guy from germany (Destroyerone*) used that code to develop a small clone of our app., we cannot be held responsible for what people does with the stuff we give away, we warned our users as well.
    For this reason the source to version 1.2.1 and above can be obtained only under written request in the first 6 months from release, then it's automatically unleashed to anyone, this is to prevent further 'incidents'*

3. If this answer is not satisfactory we'll be more than pleased to discuss it further at any place.

4. Game version : well v1.2.1 works with game release 124,125,126 and above

5. BP agreement: please watch the video to see what's our policy about this.

6. Our application must be launched AFTER the game is running ;) and the character is on the scene. (Not only it won't work if you launch it before, but it's also a nonsense on a tech basis, the app. just queries the game for the camera address space and then requests a change in the 3d coordinate space, this can't be be done unless the camera is already dispatched, hence the game must be already running...)

7. If something's stil unclear or one explaination's missing, just ask

Best regards

Glossary:
    Source code: simply put is all you need to (re)-create the application, basically a set of plain text files that a software called 'compiler' converts into machine code that can be executed by the silicon powered black-boxes called 'computers'

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  12. DSOCam_DEV

just wondering how long our friendly message needs to stay in "This message is awaiting moderator approval" state :)

Note:
    If someone feels uncomfortable holding the discussion here and wants to be our guest, we'll be honored to give hospitality to all of you at our place

Best regards

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  13. UnknownKnowlegde

UnknownKnowlegde Forum Apprentice

Trust me the program you guys made is great, but let me tell what their/devs reply would be to you.

1. - Is against the rules and everybody is fair and honest players in this game (trololo)
    I was told they will begin to take care of that everbody stays fair and don't break any rules anymore.

This means, that in the future. Those who use DSOCam will properly get some sort of punishment and let me clear out a few examples of what it could be.

1.1 - Ban 1 week or...

1.2 - Permanent ban. (WHAT?) Yes. The reasons I think this might happend is because as said is against the rules. Also banning players for using it is totally fair. (CAUSE IT IS AGAINST THE RULES) would be perfectly fine for them to get some players to start all over again because of your program, so they can earn more money. Why not? :)

Is a program, just like the bot is and both are against the rules, that's why this might be something that will happend in the future for those who use DSOCam.

Overall your program is a fantastic tool, but is the rules.

14. DSOCam_DEV

Totally agree on the T&C part and responses ;)

One important note:
    To us, users safety is very important, we were the first to be concerned about users safety when the clones appeared.

Future: well rumors has it everything depends on the release of 7 Kingdoms and its success, it's too soon to worry about punishments, even if legitimate.

However at the moment the main the issue is not the punishment.

Priorities:
    - users must be informed that at least two different versions of the application exists and more can appear anytime
    - the one developed by us is safe, we can provide very very strong evidences that it's safe, it does not steals anything, it's not a virus!

This means that Ms Callisto did a great job in warning users but we require to be more accurate when describing treats

Best regards and lucky drops

15. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

According to forum rules I should have deleted your post, but for the sake of the community I have put it in "Approval" state and will stay that way as long as it needs.
    I am just a moderator and I don't create the rules.

16. DSOCam_DEV

And we're very grateful to you (it would be nightmare to type that much once again), but it contained very important informations that the users must be aware of and requiring promptly delivery, in our opinion that is

Not least important: in some countries stealing a virtual identity can be persecuted just like stealing jewels, no matter if belonging to a game, this urges us for complete clarifications.

Therefore providing correct informations is very important, we hope you all understand.
    There's quite a difference in spending years in a cold place (for a crime you had not committed!) and having a virtual character banished from an online game!

Regards

17. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

In some countries it is completely legal to steal other one's patents and innovations, and people who dare to speak the truth are just "conspiracy theorists".
    Nikola Tesla is one great example.

Zokin and ToshiBoy like this.
  18. To the poster claiming to be the developer of the DSOCam application: if what you say is true.... great. It's an excellent application that would have a great deal of appeal among many DSO players. Awesome. But... the BP DSO Terms and Conditions of Use are there for a very good reason - mainly, to protect both the interests/safety/security of the BP customers and to protect the interests/reputation of BP and to preserve the performance of the game for all users.

A few simple facts:
    1) DSOCam is an unauthorised and unvetted third party plugin
    2) The development and/or use of such is a direct violation of the BP DSO Terms and Conditions of Use
    3) If any user's a/c becomes corrupted/damaged/"hacked", etc, in anyway as a result of them having used an unauthorised third party application/plug-in, BP will accept no responsibility for their loss.

This in no way implies that the application is poorly written or malicious in intent. If you send in a ticket to DSO Support and outline your proposal (along with the source code in attachment form), it will be forwarded to the BP/DSO team for consideration.

Master0fpuppets and Jorane4 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.