Feedback a nice community

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by LuminousElf, Apr 9, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuminousElf

LuminousElf Forum Apprentice

iv played a lot of games none of them really stuck to me but this one dose

2. tereran9

tereran9 Junior Expert

How big dose

thedarkestlight and BigPapa like this.
  3. Trailboss1

Trailboss1 Forum Mogul

Tereran9....lol

no explanation? No reasoning behind your creating of a thread and saying this dose?

Did you skip elementary school to do this :rolleyes:

4. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

I'm believing its not the size of the dose, but the frequency that is of concern.

5. tereran9

tereran9 Junior Expert

It must also depend on the size of the dose.

6. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Thanks for sharing. (Try meds, convalescence, and therapy, or maybe spell check.)

_Baragain_ likes this.
  7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'll be honest... I'm the reason spell check was invented. I know my weakness and thus make regular use of the tool so that it removes my handicap. :p

8. LuminousElf

rude comments will be ignored

9. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

I agree that all replies are all rude in some way, shape, or form. But to be honest, this was a pointless thread. There isn't much to it and what's there to discuss? I saw this in the morning and was like, "Seriously?".

Mods: Do these replies not violate the forum netiquette - Politeness? lol :rolleyes:

Regulars: Come on now. Even you guys have to abide by the trusty netiquette.

SailorSaturn and Trailboss1 like this.
  10. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

The irony of the thread topic vs the comments is amusing.

It wouldn't have caught dose though:p

I agree, but what better method of helping people see their errors than to razz them a bit? And for the OP, all his posts have been like that. Also, I think we could all use a "dose"<-(proper use in a sentence) of humor at times. I still giggle at the coital value remark made a few months ago.

11. _Baragain_

True, but that is why I proofread almost all of my mistakes before I ever click the yellow button.

On a separate topic, I thought about putting a spelling mistake or similarly spelled word in here on porpoise just for the sake of irony given that I just claimed to proof my stuff before hitting "post."

Darwarren and BigPapa like this.
  12. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Haha, you know I teach. I put errors in my handouts on "purpose":D all the time and give the students EC and cool points if they find them. The good part is when the mistakes are unintentional I play it off like it was on porpoise.

Darwarren and _Baragain_ like this.
  13. They're just having a little fun, LuminousElf, not nastiness intended. Dose vs does.

More of a gentle ribbing at this stage. We'll kill the thread if it gets nasty.

14. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

Oh didn't notice. My bad. :p

15. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

If you stick your behind out, odds are particularly good that someone on this Forum will give it a kick. DSO does attract the aggressive types.
    Effective communication on the English does mandate basic, understandable English. Otherwise your message will get lost.
    Some of us will help your practice. Others don't have tolerance for it.

Give it another shot.

16. LuminousElf

17. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I really thought 'dose' was a slang that kids use nowadays.
    How come I am not aware of this slang was the first thing came to my mind.
    But, then reading through other posts, I realized it was meant to be 'does'. :p

18. Trailboss1

Trailboss1 Forum Mogul

I agree, this is actually a very amusing thread. The puns....THE PUNS.....

And you know it's good when the "team leader" jumps in on it :cool:

Darwarren likes this.
  19. LuminousElf

can't help it I'm Canadian lol

20. _Baragain_

Oh, come now... why did you have to feed the fires. You know that by admitting that you are Canadian means that now there is a whole other avenue of jokes for people to exploit, eh?

:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p

Melethainiel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.