Feedback About the Steam release

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nightblade, Sep 27, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Nightblade

Nightblade Forum Greenhorn

Heya,

Been a little while since I last used the forums or played the game. My friend notified me about the Steam release and, well, I was interested in checking the game out again for the first time in a few years. So any knowledge or info I have may or may not be outdated at this point.

First, it is awesome that y'all decided to expand over there. It might be a decision that can help the game. Maybe it'll even grow again to a healthy population.

To continue... The decision to make it impossible for Steam users to use their original accounts if they have such is bad at least in my opinion. I would personally prefer to use Steam to log in the game, I'm sure I'm not the only one either. There isn't even a log in through Steam option through the site, so, say, if they wanted to participate on the forums, how can they do that? Personally wish for the client to include an ''Existing account or a new one'', as well as a Steam integration on the site so people may use the site to put in codes, to use the forums, basically whatever you can do now as a regular player.

If you are on Steam you want to make it possible for payments to go through Steam. It is simply a convenience and a way for more people to actually pay for your game's services. Looks like a win-win to me.

If you want to attract new players wouldn't it be a good idea for a fresh server to be opened? Of course, you have the player metrics, and it may or may not be worth in your eyes, but it really must seem daunting for a new player to be introduced into a community and a game that is 11 years old. It can push people away, knowing they would not be able to compete with others, if they care about competing, or even play with them on an equal level, considering how much(at least in my time) advantage older players had. That being said, an expansion can fix that but it really has to make old things irrelevant for new players to feel on an equal level, which, of course, in turn can alienate the old players who liked these advantages. That's why the fresh server feels like the least damaging way to introduce said newbies. It is also worth considering implementing server transfers and merges depending on how big the playerbase truly is.

P.S. A little edit that I have no idea where to put: Steam achievements were introduced which is great but there a few without a description and a few(the craft extraordinary/magic/improved items ones) whose amount is not shown properly.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  2. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I can totally agree with the first idea of enabling a "link" between old accounts and Steam.

However, as for new servers... some servers are so sparklin' empty after so many years they're basically brand new. :rolleyes: Come play on Tegan!

Nightblade likes this.
  3. Nightblade

Nightblade Forum Greenhorn

Can imagine, considering the way Balor was