"all connection attempts have failed"

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by forming, Nov 27, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. forming

forming Forum Apprentice

How many of us are tired of encountering this error in map transitions? It totally ruined my enjoyment of the game. I deleted the cookies in the temp file and reinstalled the game but it didn't work.
    Isn't there a solution to this?

https://imgur.com/a/xFdAtbd

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  2. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

I have the problem of one-colour-only screens that invariably follow the "establishing connection" attempts, although I have at least managed to fix the game freezes which often crash the game on that screen. But I have almost never encountered the error you reported, except once but it was a malfunction of my router: once reset it, the problem disappeared.

Then the question is: are you absolutely sure you don't have problems with your internet connection? If you know for sure that this works well, then you can move reading the next paragraphs.

I investigated a little what caused the monstrous slowdowns when my character changes the map - also given that the use of a "generic" vpn didn't help me at all - and I came to a conclusion: the vpn client has to perform the data packet compression (a feature that is far from common in free products, given that if not properly managed it can favor dangerous attacks known as voracle). This kind of workaround for a couple of weeks now has shown to be able to prevent the game stucks at map change.

Try googling for free vpns offering such a kind of feature, and probably you will poke a few offering this built-in functionality. And let's see if this also helps you in being able to establish the connection with the servers.

Paladin21 likes this.
  3. forming

forming Forum Apprentice

many people are having this problem. You can check it on Discord. You must be lucky not to have met him.
    Thank you for your answer, but I think VPN programs in general have security issues so I won't try. thank you anyway
    It's been a day since I opened the topic and there is no moderator. instead a player is trying to help me. You don't really care about this game that much do you?

4. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

[QUOTE="forming, post: 787175, member: 261882"It's been a day since I opened the topic and there is no moderator. instead a player is trying to help me. You don't really care about this game that much do you?[/QUOTE]

Mods on this forum have (as far as I know) always been player volunteers, not paid employees of BP. And there are very few left. They may not be perfect but please don't bash them ... blame BP for being cheap, letting Community Managers go, letting programmers go, putting less and less effort on communication and development.

Yeah, I'm simping for the mods :)

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

There are no cookies in the TEMP folder. You have to check your connection.
    I doubt the game would be playable with free VPN which is slower than dial up ... on top of it VPN is illegal in the game.

Someone deleted my post ... so let me express my thoughts again :)
    The game's and BP's days are numbered because of the current political situation and the geopolitical moves happening ATM ... and it won't be changing any time soon.

MENTOL and AndJustice4All like this.