Allow chat after death

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by taketh, Oct 30, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taketh

taketh Regular

When we die, chat is disabled in PVE while we decide if we want to teleport to town or spend 40 ander or 120... Why? I woud like to tell people to use the stone on me; it will help because they will see that im dead and see the location of my body by seeing the chat bubbles.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Kiwigal1244, Bubble and misterbean like this.
  2. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

NO! You must not be able to chat with your group, strategysing on the batllefield is not permited !
    We leave you to wonder if you should spend 40 or 120 ander, or wait x amount of time someone to ressurect you.
    Waiting x amount of time is not fun right? Here you have the option to revive yourself for 120 ander. USE IT!

If I was evil developer, I will never implement such future. Deal with it and this *** company.

taketh and misterbean like this.
  3. Kiwigal1244

Kiwigal1244 Active Author

I like the idea.. Why?.. *Our group ALWAYS carry revive stones.. and it is often difficult to find a fallen team member quickly. When battling strong bosses, or mobs.. *time, & speed* to pass a revive stone.. is important .. to pass that stone and stay alive whilst still attacking enemy

taketh likes this.
  4. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

I don't like the chat after death idea. Death silence is an MMO standard and the dead dont speak. There are many good reasons for this. I don't need someone to clutter chat and tell me they're dead. It no doubt starts with "oh my, the lag is terrible." I would like for them to be able to see chat though. So we can tell them to quit charging out in front of the group aggroing mobs they cant tank and then running away, or that yes, that thing the boss keeps dropping is called a meteor and they should try to move out of the way.:D

I would instead prefer an easier way to find and revive members. Why do we need to find the hidden body layered in the weeds with a grayed out name. Why can't we just activate the stone and click on their name in the party list on the right side of the screen, or possibly their dot changes color on the minimap when they die and we can get close enough and click the dot with the stone. At a minimum, would be nice for the mouse pointer to change when it is in the right place on the map so we know we have the right target. It's not easy in the heat of battle when mobs and other screen elements prevent targetting the dead.

5. littlemichel

littlemichel Active Author

I like bigpapa 's idea ,click on their name for revive that could be super simple and fast instead of chat. IMHO even that dead's body could be allowed to talk , will be not help so much to find the position of the corpse ,so while a member,s party die ,their name's color change and we can simple use spirit stone on it.

6. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Mini #3 leaves so much loot in the arena. Several times we couldn't find the body to resurrect it, even after the battle was over.

A hot button for the spirit stones and clicking on the name sound fantastic.

7. taketh

taketh Regular

@BigPapa You are right that an unintended consequence would be beggars waiting for a spirit stone rez when they should pay for their own mistake. However I don't know if being able to rez people remotely from the group list will work because there is room for abuse; could get a party member to sit afk rezzing in a boss fight where as before there is a risk that the person dies by going into a dangerous area. Would be nice if Bigpoint implemented the idea despite this.

When using the spirit stone, a player should not have to click the corpse but near the corpse, like a circular area around the corpse. I found it difficult to find a leg amongst the weeds. Also it should be on top of everything, instead of under item drops.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.