Suggestion Allow cross-unique crafting.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by .maes., Mar 18, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .maes.

.maes. Someday Author

As an active player (5-10 hours/week), I just got my first 4-gold stat arrows crafted today since lvl55 expansion came out. And the last thing I want is for the last half a year of my work to become obsolete, by an expansion or some new gear being introduced.

In other words, there is no reason not to allow cross-unique enchant transfers for same type items, eg. Sigri arrows to New Moon arrows. This allows players to experience different setups, for a somewhat reasonable price (a few weeks of farming for cores & target uniques).

P.S. i'm not one of those fools who keep on constantly criticising the team for ignoring the users, so begone, and let mods deliver the suggestion in peace. Customer service is the dirtiest job in the world after all ;)

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

No way. The ability to upgrade items via augmenting or soul core crafting is already incredibly powerful, but if this was implemented, a player would simply craft one godlike set of gear and simply transfer it around to what ever gear is in meta now. This de-incentivizes future crafting once a "perfect" item is obtained.

To that I'll quote the old craftsman's adage: "Measure Twice, Cut Once." Don't craft unless you can be sure that you will be satisfied with the result or if you can live with the outcome.

This isn't the first time this has been suggested, and if I remember the direction the conversation will go, next someone would bring up the idea of being able to destroy a unique while pulling out the enchantments back into a legendary to use in further crafting, among various other ideas. The result is the same. It is a game breaking idea.

semen470 likes this.
  3. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

Not really. By now, many players have backup 4x gold legendaries anyway for every item type and have no incentive to craft more.
    A game like this should offer variability, especially when the devs pump out so many unique and set items. Changing sets and whole setups should be easier and invite people to try new builds. Now all you can do is farm stupidly for q7 and dragan to transfer your items onto said items and done. It would be game breaking, not in terms of balance but in inviting people to be more experimental and less focused on 1 meta set (q7) because they are too scared to try something new because the cost is immense.
    - more fun for different pve builds
    - way more fun for experimental pvp builds
    - gives the huge amount of unique items we have more sense.
    You will still have to farm resources anyway to pay any transfer costs and stuff like gold/gems/andermant/perfect uniques.
    I support the OPs idea.

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

But that took twice the amount of time and resources to craft as opposed to just taking a specific number of cores to transfer the enchantment they already have.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

No way!
    Exactly ... if i can plan my build then everyone can.
    There are many reasons but i will mention only few:
    - already mentioned ^
    - some unique items are having unique default enchantments ... this way you can use them with other gear and you don't even have to farm for resources or craft items
    - it is certainly of benefit to P2W players (see the previous point --- splash the cash and you can transfer in endless loop)
    etc

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I agree with Baragain and Trak. No.

7. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

You have a point, but adding more things to break the game isn't going to help. We already have too many things that broke the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.