Bug ? [and suggestion] combat value when upgrading item!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by cool_bombom, Nov 18, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

would you like to see the upgrade combat value of the item, before upgrading?

Poll closed Jan 6, 2016.
  1. yes

85.7%
  2. no

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cool_bombom

cool_bombom Forum Greenhorn

Hi

First of all, thank you for a great game!

I tried to search the forum for this issue and could not find anything, but when you upgrade an item at the armorer, the combat value is not updated with the upgrade, it just stays the same even though if you swap between the two items the CV is getting higher with the upgraded item?

and for my suggestion, it would be really nice if a player is able to see the upgrade combat value in the upgrade window before upgrading, to see if it makes any sence to keep the item for upgrading! now and again I find items that is lower level than what I'm wearing, but might just be better than the item I'm wearing if I upgrade it to the same level, and the way it is now you have no idea if that is the case!

I created the poll to see if I'm the only one that would like this feature! (but also to give the developers a statistic, to see if this is a feature that they should spent time on or not)

cheers
    c_bb

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It is irrelevant to me. I've been playing long enough that I know more about what makes a character good for me than BP does. I can look at an item, figure out the changes it will have with respect to my stats (not my CV) and I'll make the decision based on my play style. My vote of "no" isn't saying that they shouldn't... in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they did, but rather that I don't care because the CV system is one of the most useless features I've seen added to the game in a long time.

3. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

As it stands now, the CV is beyond useless but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a good tool to newer players if it you could customize it to your particular build.

Without some sort of specific player setting and general beginning stats, it is just taking up space and confuses newer players.

Now if they came out and said a particular build (dmg or balanced or defensive) should be considered okay at XX or good at XX and do that for each style of build at least that would be something to consider. You would still have to be able to customize it based on your preference, but I could see how it may help those newer to the game.

Experienced players should be able to look at their current character stats and see if an item meets their needs.

Personally I would like to have a button to turn off the CV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.