Autoclicker just for selling/melting

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Alextitanfinder_, Aug 27, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
  1. Alextitanfinder_

Alextitanfinder_ Forum Greenhorn

Hi everyone,
    i know that using an autoclicker on pvp it is bannable, indeed i agree with this rule 'cause of course it is unfair for the one that doesn't use it... anyway i'm here to ask you:
    Can we use an autoclicker just to sell/melt items?

I think this will not affect the game experience of everyone, it is just a way to sell/melt items faster, not to win easier a pvp game or make pve easier.

2. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

I cant promise it s not bannable, but i heard Jesse or Hansen say in a live stream that this is quite innocent and dso's own fault if people use it for this purpose.

3. Anyki

Anyki User

Hello @Alextitanfinder_

Unfortunately, all usage of autoclickers are not condoned, including to help sell and melt. There have been many threads over the years suggesting changes to selling/melting features. You can always add your voice to those asking for change. :)

Cheers,
    Anyki

4. Valhöll

Valhöll Someday Author

In fact, this is a very correct question. And it doesn't matter which side you are on. I would not even be surprised if a developer comes out crying and asks not to use macros (for visibility). But many people have created platinum lines with macros, and it is silly to think that the developers don't know this. They just drew an ephemeral line without doing anything. They washed their hands.
    ________
    I would understand if there were no problems and a whole group of developers went to create new content. But there are so many old problems in the game that have not even been touched. They just walked by pretending that they were gone. They will create an artificial default, and since the old super platinum statistics will be affected by the devaluation, the developers just decided that they have everything smoothly, because there is no way to accumulate today's clicks in something valuable. And clicks are not a problem for them, it's your problem. You break the mouse, or adjust to the situation, but you won't be on the plus side.
    ________
    But they missed a very important moment, while they promise to fix everything with the introduction of level 60, some players have lost their incentive and leave the game, and every day someone leaves. In principle, migration is the norm, but not migration of an entire layer of players. By the time Level 60 is released, only newcomers will be left. All interesting game mechanics will have to "reopen", which means that the amount of routine will increase in the minds of players. And the denomination, which they will most likely prepare, will not be used by anyone.
    ________
    Aces only up their sleeve, and even if you collect a flash royal ten times in a row, they will simply change the rules of the game, and you will remain naked.

5. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

People need to read the "whole" rule. Macros themselves are not illegal. What the rule says is that Macros that cause an undue strain on the system are illegal.

A macro that duplicates what you can actually physically press repeatedly via your keys is _not_ causing undue strain on the system. Thus, it is _not_ illegal.

I can toggle my mouse or keyboard buttons about 8 to 10 times per second when buying Augment cores 1 at a time. A macro that does the same thing would save my keyboard and prevent carpel-tunnel and does not cause undue strain on the system.

When I was a teenager many decades ago back when there were real video arcades, I used to play Galaga and could fire close to 15 times per second (if the button hadn't already been worn out). I could literally keep a solid stream of fire going up the screen that no enemy could get thru (remember the bonus rounds? I used to get 100% all the time). I'm older now. Carpel-Tunnel is a real thing. Hardware wear-out has always been around.

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

BS.
    It is illegal in all online games.
    Only regular mice are allowed and only one action per key-press.

7. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

That already is not true. I _hold_ my right mouse button and many many many many shots come out. Even on a plain-jane mouse it _repeats_. ;) From the beginning I've never had to press one mouse click per one magic missile.