Back to the game and with doubts

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Maxwell, Jun 28, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwell

Maxwell Forum Greenhorn

I have some items that I would like to make sure it is still useful because they are taking up inventory space:

1) Coin for the boatman (mortis) - from what I remember it was used as entry for mortis, but in my last races I did not use

2) Claw of Karabossa: Grant 1x access to the following region: Blackborg (Díficil)
    ***** in the last event I did not use this item *****

3) Stone Jabbax's Hand: This Jabbax stone hand is one of his rewards for releasing the Troll merchant from the Dungeon in the Sulfur Desert. Next time you're in Kingshill, he'll give you a gift in return.
    ***** You do not have the option to deliver this material. *****

Can these items be discarded?

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Yes, Yes, and Yes... Wow, it really has been a long time since you've been here. Welcome back and I hope you enjoy the massive amounts of changes that have happened in the last several years that you've been away.

One little bit of advice, if you have any sapphires larger than polished, save them. Don't convert them. You may not know what I'm talking about right now, but remember the advice.

Beyond that, let me (and the rest of the community) know if you have any more questions about the changes. As a player who remembers those items, I'd love to see just what you think about the game after being away for so long.

3. Maxwell

Maxwell Forum Greenhorn

Hello Baragain,

I waited to respond, because I was still trying to understand Drakensang's situation.

So let's go to the current patch compared to what I stopped.
    We could mention many advanced levels and "more slots" (there is still limited space that confuses me), but having a collector's purse is already a major breakthrough for those who used to throw away animals to keep other stored tools

But my actual experience can be summed up with a single image:
    [​IMG]

After so many years, drakensang does not present a visually different graph (which does not bother me), but for some reason the latency is absurdly higher, I do not believe that the number of players on the server has increased or that this justifies pinging.

I'm sure it's not my connection because I run hundreds of other games with absurdly low latencies because I have a computer and game connections because I need to use a computer with high-resolution graphics in my work.

unfortunately the game has become impossible to play in a group because it reaches pings of 1412 ms and the ground varies from 265 to 800 ms in situations in which it has no action, it is simply frustrating to play DSO in the current situations due to latency, there are situations in which I lose more than 3 minutes reconnecting the ports of each map and sometimes need to run the client again (situations that take me out of the map losing entries or restarting the boss), I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, updated the driver, among other things, according to recommendations.

I really do not understand why this happens if it's just me and I apologize for the time stolen in this text and I'm sure this is not going to change the game but an explanation somewhere in the forum about this would be interesting because at least it would make it clear that the company is aware of the current situation of the server and has the minimum of empathy for the players, but I have not found anything that justifies this anywhere and the lack of information only makes me more convinced that latency is the responsibility of the company and not the connections of the players.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That is a tiny image.

Regarding the latency, I'm not sure what is causing that for you. I regularly play with 80-100ms and the only times I have lag spikes is when someone else on the network is uploading/downloading something large.

The only other time I experienced the latency conditions you described was when I was regularly playing over a wireless hotspot for several months while traveling out of country for work. The speed was decent, but it was a saturated cell tower and the latency would sometimes go haywire during local peak hours. I barely played, sometimes for weeks at a time, because it got so unplayable. I'm sure that the people here on the forums can help you troubleshoot the problem, we'll just need a little more data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.