BALOR'S SET

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by DragonMagic13, Jul 10, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. DragonMagic13

DragonMagic13 Forum Greenhorn

LVL 53, RANGER
    I HAVE BEEN DEFEATING BALOR EVERYDAY OVER 30 TIMES EACH DAY IN ORDER TO GET HIS RANGER SET. THE PROBLEM I AM FACING IS THAT HIS HASN'T DROPPED ANY OF THE ITEMS I AM LOOKING FOR AND I HAVE ALREADY DEFEATED HIM 100 TIMES. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG OR DO I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING IN ORDER TO GET THEM?

2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Drop rates in general aren't generous in DSO, with extreme variability from player to player; don't expect that to improve any time soon.

That said, I don't recall any player, with any of the four class types, saying, "Wow! That Balor set is a beaut! You have to get it as soon as possible!"

Move on; level up to 55; adjust your Experience tree settings; slowly grind up to level 100; slowly grind up in difficulty in scaling dungeons; slowly make your way into Parallel World dungeons.

Most Real World set items are a stop-gap measure at best, though end-game players may recommend that you try the Lingering Memories set and potentially make that part of your end-game equipment mix, but you can't start farming for that until you get to Brigavik, one of the side maps from the Suburbs of Cardhun … you'll gain access to that hub at level 56. (Of course, end-gamers are playing that on Bloodshed difficulty which will be way beyond your toons capacity for quite awhile unless you find stronger players to help you accelerate your toon's growth or are willing to buy gems for actual cash.)

Here's a thread on what to do once you reach level 100 (though specifically tailored for Spellweavers).

Here's a recent YouTube post on the same topic with a bit of Ranger-specific recommendations in the final frames.

3. DragonMagic13

DragonMagic13 Forum Greenhorn

thank you very much for the help!