Best all-round gear for endgame ranger

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by d3s0, Dec 26, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d3s0

d3s0 Forum Apprentice

Well, I am close to endgame levels so it's time to care about serious gear right now. I am trying to decide myself, what to aim for and I'm in a kind of dilemma right now. So share your thoughts please.

On weapons side it's quite obvious - Predator + Gorga quiver, but armors...? Yachak vs Dark vs Ammon pieces, etc - kinda confused what to go for :|
    Also necklace - is it worth trying to find nice leg one or just farm some of the uniques?

2. daywaker2

daywaker2 Forum Demigod

well for dk i would say best gear is Dark armor.+darkshoulders+mortis helm + low level items.+keen set.

3. d3s0

d3s0 Forum Apprentice

Err mate, it's a question regarding Ranger equips :D

4. daywaker2

daywaker2 Forum Demigod

well for ranger its predator(or good legend weapon 3x%dmg 1xdmg)+low lvel rings+dark helm+keen set:)

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

What d3s0 meant is that Rangers don't have Keen's set, they have Yachak's set.

6. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Depends on the type of ranger you want to play. Predator is definitely the bow to go with, but I myself want a good buckler rather than a gorga quiver. Most likely right side you will go with items that form a set or self crafted boots that make you run like Usain Bolt.

7. DJMoody

DJMoody Forum Apprentice

You will need a shield in PvP not a quiver. You will just die too easily without one.

Easily the best armour in the game is the witch hunter gear. Your damage just gets insane with it. Very very difficult to obtain unless you are going to pay anders to redo the event map over and over again and even then will take many many attempts. That will be why you don't see it on many people except the really dedicated PvP'er.

Next best set - the ridiculously overpowered essence armour for the event in Nov. Potential to massive increase your damage (by about 100 damage, and then +15% on top of that for all 4 pieces). All that damage comes pretty much with the best armour/HP boosting bonuses as well. Very OP. But if you weren't around for the event, or weren't lucky with drops to get a full set (that will be me), you'll have to wait forever for next time event is run.

After that it's a 2 piece dark armour and 3 piece Yak's set.

Having said all that....... where you should be really investing your time and energy initially is in your bow and putting quality rubies on it. If you have high damage then you can be dangerous as a sniper even if your gear is noob. And for PvE, people will love you in their teams as you mow down groups of enemies with your precision shot.

After that next stop is the shield. Again farm city until you have nice combo of x4 block/block rate bonuses. Top notch shield on it's own will transform you overnight.

PS I wouldn't say no to Preditor but a little old short bow with the right enchantments is the best bow in the game. Farm CoT, farm legendary shortbows and pray each time your ID something :)

8. d3s0

d3s0 Forum Apprentice

Thats the answer I was waiting for, DJMoody. Cheers mate :)

9. Darcous

Darcous Forum Apprentice

The best set based on my opinion is Dark with yashacks.You will have a lot of DMG and CRIT from dark and some armor and then yashac's come and fill out the HP and armor you need.

Darcous

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  10. Vica681st

Vica681st Forum Greenhorn

What should that right ench be on the short bow ? Since u cant get more concentration of a legendary what are these "right ench please do tell :)

11. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Ranger gear suggestions

Level 45 Legendary Short bow 2x speed % over 8% and 2x increased damage % over 25% and build up Rubies unlock all 5 gem slots.

Buckler lvl 43 with 3x Block rate 1x damage reduction. Make sure you have the Warlord head. Suggested block rate % is 110% to 170% blocks % is 50% to 60%.

Rings and belt should be 60-70 damage Each with 8 to 10% critical Damage % Can loose 20 damage for a 1 stat of critical value of over 250.

Arrowhead Should have two is my suggestion. 1 is all damage for when you have buckler and other is critical value and % damage.

The rest of the gear is pretty much trying to obtain max armor value and higher hp.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

For rangers level 45 bow is better choice.
    Unlike the SW's and DK's level 43 legendary weapons ... ranger's level 43 weapon is not giving +1 extra level when upgraded.

13. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

WOW thankx. I need to update that then.

14. Vica681st

Vica681st Forum Greenhorn

I do have a lvl 43 short bow with 25 dmg 180 crit and 35% weapon dmg but its seems weak after those posts :D

15. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Things have been updated, this post was from wayyyyyyyy long time ago when legendaries have different max stats and crit value was not so CRAP on other gears.

16. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

If you equip yourself like everyone, you will have average results. That's a fact. Dare to be different. There are other sets that will give you a niche and that is truly what you want to do at end-game. You'll be able to do the unexpected because you wont have the limitations of the other more popular sets.

17. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

- Witch Hunter Set
    - Yachak's Dream
    - Dragonache Set

That's the base for an OP endgame Ranger, the rest is up to you (Predator, Gorga Quiver or Legendary equipment, both are amazing).

18. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is an opinion of someone who has no opinion ... or should I say share the opinion of the masses.
    That is why very few players are having good build and the others are just a failed cliche.
    DesertKoala explained it well.

19. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Even better don't limit yourself to one build. I know gems are a limitation, but one of my favorite tricks in 5 v 5 pvp is to come out full damage and teach people to run BUahhahahaha, then change to a flag speed set and be beefy. Or do the opposite, come out beefy with little damage and teach peeps I'm hard to kill but damage is smaller, then switch to high damage set. Now they stand their ground till its too late. Best equipment is based on what you want to do and there is no one correct answer.

DesertKoala and thedarkestlight like this.
  20. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

BigPapa raises a good point about 5v5. If you are a 'student' of 5v5, there are 4 main areas to the map and each area requires a different Ranger build: Home Base, Enemy Base, Mid Field, and Back Alleys. There are probably more official names but that's what I call them. My specialty is Flag Runner but I also enjoy a bit of Home Base defense. Mid Field would be my weakest area. Back Alleys are tactical choices and are best if you are very very fast.

_Baragain_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.