Big crash of drakensang

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Glubulque, Nov 6, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Glubulque

Glubulque Forum Greenhorn

Hi everyone,

I have a big problem with drakensang, the game freez randomely when i'm playing, black screen and i can just restart my computer. I have also an another error, the game close and i have a message : D3D9 vertex buffer failed to lock.

All my drivers and Java are up to date.

Thx in advance :)

2. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

Nebula error for D3D9 Vertex Buffer:
    This one mainly happens when the buffer reaches the max capacity and it try loading more assets (from player equipment) in to buffer. Actually, not avoidable. If it happens re-starting game is only solution.

Is the issue intermittent?

This can also be caused because of DirectX file corruption or GPU driver issue.
    I might be able to help you troubleshoot if you can you let me know the following:
    1) Motherboard make and version.
    2) Operating System release and architecture (32bit/64bit?).
    3) Drakensang client version (32bit/64bit?)
    4) GPU make and the driver version.

You can also contact support if you like at https://www.drakensang.com/en/support

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  3. Glubulque

Hi, yeah the issue is intermittent and totally random.

1) MSI Z170A-G45 GAMING

2) Windows 10 family edition 64bit

3) Drakensang online (64bit) last version

4) Geforce 970 and the last driver that i download last week

I have already contacted support a few days ago but no response. I don't understand where the problem comes from, I have several friends with similar configurations who have no problems.

Thanks for your time !

4. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

Intermittent issues are hard to troubleshoot but the below should help you monitor and isolate the possible cause.

Step 3) Will help you isolate the issue if it is caused by a third party app or service.
    Step 4) Will fix any system file issue.
    Step 6) Will give you the information on DirectX components. Go to the "Display" tab and verify all the components are enabled and your graphic card and driver info is shown correctly.

Please read the articles properly and follow them step by step. Play the game in clean boot and monitor if the issue persists. Update here if/when the issue reoccurs.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Try turning the graphics settings off if you have them turned on
    [​IMG]

How much RAM and virtual memory do you have?
    In Spyware 10 you should disable auto-managing of virtual memory and set it to static.
    The general rule says you should set the size to 1.5 times of your RAM size.

6. Glubulque

I am trying to configure java as described on the forum but I cannot allocate more than 32MB of memory while they advise 100MB

I have 16GB of RAM and 24GB of virtual memory and i have already turn off all the graphics settings

----MERGED----

I have done all these steps and nothing changes

[​IMG]

Last edited by moderator: Nov 9, 2020
  7. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

You dont need to install Java if you are playing through the client. Java was the requirement to play the game through browser that supports NPAPI. Also the default allocation is 32768MB = 32GB, so you easily have more than 100mb.

This issue has nothing to do with your RAM or pagefile. Looking at your specs and driver details I understand that your machine is qualified to run the game on full settings.

You can put the machine back in normal startup if the issue occurred in clean boot.
    If the tests from steps "4" and "6" came back fine then the issue is not with the system files/directx.
    Its either your GPU/GPU settings or driver which is affecting the vertex memory bandwidth OR more likely its just the bad code/by design issue for which the only official solution is to restart the game.

At this point I wont be able to offer much help through forum. The best thing to do will be to take a process dump and send it to support along with the logs in the DSOClient folder. Documentation on how to take a process hang/crash dump: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procdump

Good Luck.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

like psywarg said, you don't need Java plugin unless you are playing via browser.
    You are playing in client so don't waste time with Java.
    Here is last 2 tips I can offer:
    1. try changing the language to English instead of French
    2. download and install the latest.Net Framework https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework
    beyond this point you will have to go trough support

9. Bundin

Bundin Regular

Make a dierctx check Maybe you have something Problem with it once I had with it too, and I found it accidentally because I wanted to Instal an another MMO game, and that had made a Directx check, and warned me one of my Directx file was damaged, I reinstalled the DirectX and was after that everything ok. I don´t say that U have the same Problem but check the DirectX Maybe.
    The Problem what I had before is really really rare.