Bringing PvP back to life.

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by JohnyJohn, Mar 31, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. JohnyJohn

JohnyJohn Forum Greenhorn

As everyone knows, PvP, except 1v1, is pretty much dead at the moment. Many people wish to play group PvP though (including me), so I wanna make a suggestion. Bring back 3v3, or create a 2v2 option. 5v5 requires too many people, who almost never gather, or if they gather, the match is something like 2v5 or 3v4... So why not bring back the old system where 3v3 exists, or creating a 2v2 option, which I'm sure will be as popular as 1v1 eventually.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  2. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Back to life???

Please, no.

Remove it from the game, please.

3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

PvP is better after CE than before. Way better. The overall decrease in the player population of the game and the fact that cheating doesn't work the same way as before (and most players before CE were cheaters = they left) however, cause PvP to be close-to-dead.

The only fix of PvP is fixing the rest of the game first.

ргцт and sargon234 like this.
  4. RatsEatingMyCables

RatsEatingMyCables Forum Apprentice

I feel like there is no motivation to play PvP anymore. They have to come up with new ideas and ways to attract people into playing it. No one is talking about how they fixed PvP pushing after all these years btw? That surprised me tbh

5. Sayaa

Sayaa Advanced

Pvp should not last 2 min (group vs randoms), but 10-15 min like a football etc..:D
    Let those "way better players" - play alone :D

6. JohnyJohn

JohnyJohn Forum Greenhorn

Why remove it? No one is forcing anybody to play Arena, it is something that the game offers, and its up to the players to decide if they will play Arena or not. PvP has literally not even a single effect on the rest of the game, outside arena.

--- MERGED ---

Exactly... But I think that if they come up with a new option for pvp which requires 2<x<10 people (I think 2v2 is ideal), and if they make the equipment have less impact on the PvP player power, interest will automatically start to show, maybe slowly, but I believe it will. I know many people that wish to play group PvP, but they are all like ''Nah, we will never suceed in gathering all those people''. And at the moment, I include myself in that category...

Last edited by moderator: Apr 2, 2021
  7. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

if i knew that say Capture the Flag was available ALL DAY Wednesday for example i'd talk to players & schedule matches ahead of time

so lets have certain days dedicated to certain PVP types

8. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

What??? Heard of this thing called "Daily Challenges"?? Where they occasionally put Wisdom and radiant/sacred gems in the last two rewards FORCING US TO PLAY PVP!!!

9. Anyki

Anyki User

A friendly reminder that consecutive posts are not allowed. Please use the "Edit" function if you have something to add to an existing post. Thanks.

10. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

I agree.

But why did cheaters leave the game after the CE?It's not like BP started acting against them.
    Is it because people in pvp could actually fight back against the cheaters?

it's mind boggling that pvp emptied because the cheaters abandoned ship.

At least PVP matches don't last forever, there's that.
    Although this is a by product of the expansion, not a planned goal for it, so BP doesn't get any points for this one.

11. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I'm pretty sure they fixed some of the PvP bugs in the CE without saying a word. Suddenly no one uses the so-called pro-tactic named "moonwalk". :D :D :D

Whatever, there are new bugs already. Even if they're not that obvious (and with this population we can't know that really), we have twinks back, so really whatever. I'm just waiting for R250. If they break the game further... I'm done and back to lurking 100%.

sargon234 and aBDuLHaMiTHaN like this.
  12. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

Here is their schedule:

https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/roadmap-2021.83060/

There will probably be something in the r250.

In short, the "moonwalk" no longer uses it because with the Op abilities of the moment it is obsolete and counterproductive.

Solving the mess that is now pvp means Nerf of all kinds, 5/5 - 6/6 is a joke it is evident that no one plays it anymore.

I just hope the pve after changing the skills for pvp as always is still playable.

13. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

Pvp is just pointless in CE unless they make the items useless like they did in the old one lmao, but then mages would suck because their HP modifier is horrid

14. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Maybe they didn't actually fix anything, they simply removed them accidentally.

And yes, suddenly the "moonwalk" tactic disappeared with the expansion, like it appeared when they made "gearless pvp".
    I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

If they nerf the classes in r250, then yes, it's probably time to bail out and abandon the sinking ship, no point trying to grow, when they take away your growth like that.

ΣMiwel likes this.