cannot get in game [Failed to unpack downloaded file...]

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by templar03, Dec 22, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. templar03

templar03 Forum Greenhorn

I was plating through browser but last month even though I have lastest java update it forced me to download game been playing fine till I went to get on a bit ago and it tells me game failed to unpack I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4x now to no avail how do I get in so I can cancel my premium sub not gonna pay if I cant play any ideas?

2. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

Try deleting DSOClient folder:
    Search %temp% in Start Menu and press Enter.
    Find and delete the folder named DSOClient

Delete Java Cache
    Search Java in Control Panel and open it.
    In General tab under Temporary Files section click Delete Files...

The above should fix up your problems...

3. Brian1919

Brian1919 Junior Expert

And if you can't find the folder that way, do the same thing, start, search, but type %localappdata% then find the temp folder and the dsoclient folder will be there.

4. Biztart

Biztart Exceptional Talent

Open your Task Manager, find and close drakensangonline.exe.
    That should fix "failed to unpack..." errors.

5. Mooky

Mooky Forum Apprentice

I've done all those things myself and I can't get into the game... I had no issues Friday morning, come back from work Friday afternoon and haven't had a stable login session since. I've posted screenshots of what I see when I play, if at all. I'm having the same unpack issue, wiped out DSO completely, reinstalled, deleted the program from Task Manager... only thing it does is bring up the client that doesn't always fully load and is very unstable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.