Feedback Can't play the game on my laptop because of error 23

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Kernelly, Jan 25, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Kernelly

Kernelly Junior Expert

Hey, the problem is that I've always played Drakensang Online on many devices (my main PC which works fine, my oldest laptop which worked fine and this quite new lenovo laptop). First thing is I downloaded the game for very long, but I presume that's my boarding school's fault, that's alright. Recently I tried to play the game and first it crashed every time I chose a character and pressed play, it also crashed every time I tried to pick settings or "close the game"... I restarted the launcher a few times - nothing changed, still crashing and not working properly. I restarted my entire laptop - still can't press play because the game is freezing and I have to turn it off. I tried to close everything else, every other software and internet explorer on the laptop and then I tried to launch the game alone - it still freezed and nothing improved... I reinstalled the entire game, deleted the "DSOclient" folder in "temp appdata" and still nothing improved. What am I doing wrong? But that's one problem, when I tried a few more times the game stopped crashing and freezing but it started showing me that message...
    [​IMG]
    I've never ever shared my password with anyone, no one uses my devices besides me. I've heard some people also had problems with joining the game and after that they had the same message as I had (^)... First of all please tell me what can I do to run the game properly, since I think I've done everything I can do. Thanks for reading, regards.

--- MERGED ---

I'm posting this here on forums and not sending a support ticket, because I already sent a support ticket, and instead of answer I'm pretty sure I've received a question "What would you rate our services/support as". Help please xd

Last edited by moderator: Jan 25, 2021
  2. Veteran666

Veteran666 Active Author

Your character Kernelly (lvl 77 SW) is offline now,so try to login again.Good luck.

3. Kernelly

Kernelly Junior Expert

Thank you for checking it, as I've suspected, it's probably because of my wifi or something. It works weird in-games and is pretty slow.

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It is usually due to 2 things:
    1. game exe file still running after closing down the game - you can fix it by closing it manually with task manager.
    2. server issues - you have to wait 60 minutes after which you will be logged off automatically for inactivity ... or if the issue persist you need to contact support.

5. Lambrusco

Lambrusco Exceptional Talent

or

3. he use a compter to log in, then he does the same with a laptop this way he obteins a screen shot and this way he has something to report here cos he is bored.

6. Kernelly

Kernelly Junior Expert

As I've said, I already did it. I closed the launcher 10 times both normal way and by using Task Manager.

As I've also said I contacted support and it might be a misunderstanding or something, but they provided me with a survey instead of an answer xd Maybe they logged me off every computer as I asked and just didn't inform me about it, but it didn't help sadly.

I'm not sure how to understand your reply. Yes, I am bored. I just came back from the university and I want to play my favorite game which isn't working. What part can't you comprehend, are you trying to mock me? Why else would you write that I am bored, for no reason, to state a standard fact? Either way I'll just wait till I get to my normal house and to my old PC which works fine. Thanks for help nonetheless it's nice to see some active members trying to solve other player's problems. Cheers

P.S. Interestingly enough, when I launch the game with my university's wifi it doesn't work, it crashes and sometimes shows a message that not all files are downloaded even though they are (it even says so on the start screen/login screen). ALTHOUGH when I launch the game using my phone as a router, with my own Internet that I'm paying for, the game works pretty fine.

7. trakilaki

If you pay attention I did quote your answer not your question :p
    So i was targeting your answer ... or in other words NO the issue is not because of

8. Kernelly

Kernelly Junior Expert

I can bet 100 zł that it is though. Literally no other option/answer to why it's not working like it should. My laptop is new, my new/current wifi is unique and not only used by me and managed by university staff sooooo... School, university, work wifi often restrict game launchers and/or other standard internet functions. Encountered that before and not only I did apparently.

9. trakilaki

That is not a Wifi issue but an administrative limitation due to lack of rights and privileges :p

10. Lambrusco

Lambrusco Exceptional Talent

Try not to post more than one message in a row... you've been told you can't do that, but it seems you don't care... and it's the 3rd time you do it today, and i'm bored too...

11. Kernelly

Kernelly Junior Expert

Literally the same thing in this case, they both are connected.

I haven't done anything wrong, get off me. I'm not spamming either, I asked for help not for flaming. Want me to count for you how many times people have been asked to stay on topic? Cause the only thing you do since you joined the conversation is offending and lying about me. Let me judge my feelings and whether I "care" or not. What's became of these forums, first mass bots hating on me for proposing a normal game feature, now you literally seem to be interested only about negatively targeting me. I'm not gonna get negatively demotivated by your comments and I didn't come here to argue in grim atmosphere. I'm done here. I've said what's my plan, to wait until I'll have the right connection to play the game.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  12. trakilaki

Nope

13. Kernelly

Kernelly Junior Expert

Wellp, in contrast to some people, I respect others opinions even though I disagree with you since wifi internet can be manipulated by the institutions staff :p

14. Anyki

Anyki User

Hello Kernelly,

If the Error 23 persists, then please contact support.

In the meantime, please don't make multiple consecutive posts. You can use the "Edit" function below your post if you have more to add. :)

Cheers,
    Anyki

Kernelly likes this.
  15. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

Pretty sure that was humour/humor. Well maybe 90ish %...

16. Kernelly

Kernelly Junior Expert

Uhm, I'm not spamming posts though. Maybe you meant comments/replies... Either way, I create posts with separate topics each, then I discuss with people in their comments, is that wrong or...? If you asked me not to spam so many comments, that might be a problem because how else am I supposed to people who complain about my post. Also error 23 was solved the way I expected it to be. I just use my own internet instead of the university's wifi because as I've already said in the comments the staff restricts some of internet's funcionts and among them some game launchers and games, because of that my game wasn't able to download the temporary files needed when I pressed "play". I'm not certain what I did wrong, but thank you again for help y'all - mission succeeded.