Change burn mechanic

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by silverseas, Aug 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

SWs play with 3 elements and physical damage skills. However, out of the 3 elements, fire is the weakest in PvE. One of the reasons for the lack of efficacy of fire skills is that you have initial impact damage, followed by the damage over time of the burn. However, you can only have 1 burn of a single skill active on a target. Here are some examples of what I mean:
    • If I hit a target with a Fireball that has the burn talent selected, then I immediately hit the target with a second Fireball, I only see 1 burn.
    • If my burning Guardian hits a target with a fireball, then immediately hits that target again, I can only see 1 burn active.
    Instead of the above situations, which limits the efficacy of selecting the burning talents on Fireball, Meteor, and Guardian, and also limits the efficacy of spamming multiple Destructions while using Grimmag's Flaming Wrath set, I propose that burn effects from a single source should stack. This will greatly increase the DPS of these skills and the set I mentioned.

Moreover, this encourages multiple-SW groups. It always makes me twitchy when someone else in my group uses burning Guardian and I know they have lower damage than I do, so it's cancelling out my burning Guardian.

Edit: Oh, and if you came here to complain about how that's sooooo OP in PvP, I don't care. BP has shown that they can separate PvE and PvP versions of skills, so they can do that here too.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Do I understand this right if I imagine a fire spell hitting a target 10 times, applying 10 stacks of burn to it?
    I'd love to have that work with bleeding on Bearach set.

But I'm afraid it really is kind of op.
    Unless... the stacking is limited. Let's say max 3 stacks at a time or something like that.

One thing very similar to this has been bothering me for quite some time, but I don't know if it applies to burning as well:

If I inflict bleeding for 4 seconds to the target and for example 2 seconds before it runs out I inflict it again, it will not extend the effect. Instead it will just end after 4 seconds no matter how many times I hit the target with bleeding during the 4 seconds time.

3. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Ah, perhaps I didn't explain it well. I don't want it to have a stack limit or whatever.

I just want every single one of my fireballs, meteors, guardians, when they attack, they should have a 3 second burn. It should not be the first one gets burn, the second (and likely third, depending on attack speed) get no burn. The burn should be guaranteed damage, not "maybe damage."