Support Change cursor in DSO

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Saved_81, May 9, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

I know that a LOT of ppl already complained about the cursor on DSO and the reason is pretty clear, when you are in the middle of the fight it's really easy to lose the focus on the cursor (the ones that come easly to my mind are boss fights like Grimmag when he starts casting meteors like a .... or Q3 in the fight around the windmill, Q1 the circle... well you got the picture).

I've seens some videos in which the genius changed the cursor (with some external software).

Below an example of the modified cursor

[​IMG]

The question is:
    - Would I be allowed to use that?

In the end I'm using a software that just lets me play smoother (and safer for anyone in my proximity because it's really hard to handle the rage it causes when you blink just in front of the boss because you lost your cursor).

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

No, you are not allowed to use any 3rd party software or tampering with the game files/code.

Cheers.

3. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

It would be great if we could use our system settings though..

4. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

The problem stems, I think, from there being more than one option for the system settings.

Or even, more than one option for choosing the pointer in any of a number of situations.

5. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

In my system settings on all my computers and virtual machines I use the "Inverted Large". It's big enough to see and because it is the opposite color of whatever is under it, it always stands out.

I get the same way. At least with my SW and chain lightning (which needs another link so it can hit up to 7 different, by the way), I at least know which general direction it is.

Speaking of, chain lightning should have a base damage of at least 75%, and hit up to 7. Or how about as is with 100% base damage.

6. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

You can not change the original cursor. But I think you can highlight cursor.
    By the way, BP promised to change the cursor long time ago.

7. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

You can try changing it to whatever you want with your windows. Unless they packaged it into the game, it is a default windows cursor. So changing it at the windows level will not affect the game's files or code. It is illegal for the software to even try identifing what cursor image you are using, it is your personal data and you might have your girlfriend avatar over there. They can only render it without knowing what image is actually there. Unless, again, they did package the cursor into the game files, so changing it on the fly through 3rdparty measures will indeed break the ToC.

8. thewiz6666

thewiz6666 Forum Apprentice

I'd just like it to change to bright orange or hot pink so I can see the damn thing. It gets lost a lot... a lot.

TwiliShadow likes this.
  9. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

It would be really nice to be able to choose from 2-4 different colours and adjust the pointer so that it stays sharp and visible in different locations (think snowy maps and of course having few SW's in party makes things difficult at times)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.