---Chat-after-die---

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by RenoDCES, Sep 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RenoDCES

RenoDCES Forum Greenhorn

When the player died in the maps ,it should have the chat ...... I think other player want the chat like me.

Darwarren, jujugram and _G_R_A_M_P_S_ like this.
  2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Arrgghh matey, "Dead Men Tell No Tales" :D

I have thought about this before and could point to several useful reasons for this. But all those, what to happen if some dies scenarios, can be worked out in advance before the group gets to the killing... and dying :eek:

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

3. SailorSaturn

SailorSaturn Padavan

I agree. Having chat after death helps. I could think of many scenarios where it would come in handy (making sure a person doesn't revive you right away or at least explain strategy with remaining parties while being down) and other MMO games have implemented this option. Not everyone uses TeamSpeak or some other form of third-party gaming tool to communicate.

4. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

yes, yes, yes, needed that when fighting dragan and my group members pointer was bugged so he couldnt use a spirit stone one me.

5. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Please have the chat box automatically insert "gaaahhhhh lag" when you activate it after dying.

6. jujugram

jujugram Forum Greenhorn

Have died in event....team member wanted to revive me but couldn't find....and I couldn't chat.....YES, YES, YES TO THIS SUGGESTION!
    Had to use ander....not good for non-premium members.

7. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Yes! Voices from beyond the grave. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. very handy.

8. SailorSaturn

SailorSaturn Padavan

Hear hear! I got a spirit stone from completing a quest in Thunder Crest but I was pissed off when I can't get it to activate and res my partner during a Gorga Hard fight, and when I died from failing to res in a timely manner and died too. I wanted to type, "I'm sorry, stupid game is buggered up." But of course there's no chat after death to explain this... so I had to res myself with andermant to hold the fort and type him ASAP (while I have my guardian raised and distracting Gorga) to res back to town and run back to Gorga while I distract, will explain later!

Man, what a pain in the caboose! That's all I can say. And there are times when I died during event and I want to tell people to please don't waste their spirit stones on me. It's not worth it IMHO.

See response to previous quote. I am a non-premium member... but worse off, even premium members have to use andermant to resurrect in big boss only rooms.

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
  9. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

This is yet another argument for a VoIP chat like TeamSpeak or RaidCall... no such BigPoint limitations.

10. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

hmmm, yes, i haven t tried yet but i wonder if i can even run dso and a voip without starting to lag :p

11. SailorSaturn

SailorSaturn Padavan

VoIP chat is fine if you're with guildmates or friends who know you... it doesn't exactly work with PUG teamwork who have different time zone and computer/Internet connectivity setups. Plus some players simply prefer not to use their voice to communicate, or just simply can't (ever try to try voice with a medically mute/deaf gamer?). And last but not least, I can think of several MMO games that allows you to type after death; so if they have that basic functionality, why can't DSO implement it too?

12. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Yet another reason I avoid pick up groups like the plague... I hear too many horror stories about people inviting others to a group to have them summon the boss and then boot them, or expect you to carry a group of 5 through a PW... I'm not saying that BP shouldn't find a way to implement this, I'm saying it won't effect me either way cus I just won't take an invite to a random PUG. Probably 70% of the people I interact with on a regular basis are in one of our four or five guilds that have access to our TeamSpeak server and make use of it. The remaining 30% are people I know to be reliable and helpful and I've run with those people so much that we know how each other operates.

13. SailorSaturn

SailorSaturn Padavan

Trust me, I dislike PUG very much... but I have to admit that the odd reliable one I do pair up for event farming only, I have met them from a random PUG. Aside from that... there are a bunch this current event that just makes me wanna pull my hair out! I even farm the solstice event map in a cautious sequential manner due to being sick and tired watching someone doing a Leeroy Jenkins and then having to bail their caboose. I keep on trying to make a benefit of the doubt accepting random invites... I really need to stop it.

And it's true. If you're farming with a non-PUG, it should be a non-issue. Personally, I don't use VoIP because I like to slap DSO BGM on mute and listen to my own music via gaming headset to keep the groove going; that and I usually game well after my children's bedtime so the less sound I make, the better.

Historically speaking, my voice is distracting. When I used VoIP in other games I used to play, guildies usually ask me to sing or not to stop talking because they find it soothing once they know what I sound like. I'm vocally shy and for that reason avoid voice communicating software if I can help it.

14. Muscle

Muscle Forum Pro

This literally has to be implemented. Would be easier to communicate with your group members while beeing dead, for example when they don't know where you died, you could tell them while you're dead. So they can revive you obviously.

+1 for this suggestion

Kind Regards,

Muscle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.