Chests, Mystic Cubes, Drop Rates, Item Quality

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by EriduSerpent, Jul 20, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. EriduSerpent

EriduSerpent Forum Apprentice

Okay I get that if you open a FREE chest you do not expect to find anything wonderful in it,
    but what is the deal with chests which you buy keys for?
    I think 1 in a dozen might have something worth a bit of gold, the ratio really sucks bigtime.
    I have opened free, 5 key, 25 key, 100 key and found very little between them.
    This needs sorting out, the game is very unbalanced in DKs favour, not the players.
    The drop rates suck also, you can spend ages battering baddies and only get a few drops of copper.
    EACH boss that I have killed has only dropped useless cr*p, pauldruns, capes, boots, rubbish axes and swords, jewels that are worth very little...but not ones better than I have, normally low end rubbish.
    I think the effort needed to complete the mission should be reflected in the rewards.
    ALSO what the hell use are the Mystic cubes? All they contain are crud as well, why put the effort into creating something "special" if it is just NOT special?
    Paying premium seems useless, the extra chest you get every day is just more rubbish, the mystic cubes are dross, only good thing is you can carry more rubbish to sell.
    It really annoys me because all I read are comments from unhappy players and you at DK do not seem to give a flying [EDIT]...you are fleecing us basically, it is a shame because if you treated us fairly, more would play, more would recommend the game to others and probably spend more. Most stay because of the time they have invested and the money they feel would be wasted if they left.
    IS THAT REALLY WHAT YOU WANT YOUR PLAYERS TO STAY FOR?

Sort it out, be better!

Last edited by moderator: Jul 30, 2021
    tozagol and navelko like this.
  2. RantNRave

RantNRave Someday Author

Ill start by saying that this game is far from perfect, having started in february on spellweaver, and reaching 100 by april. I play significantly less as its boiling down to farming uniques for better base stats, grind gems (all royal/trap now), grind wisdom (lvl 80). US east seems like less than a handful of EN players and grouping is an issue let alone language barriers. Spellweaver can at least solo maps on bloodshed, but I dont feel thats the same for other classes, maybe perhaps until late game and good character development.

your basic chests are crap, at best you got about a 5% chance at lockpicks, everything else is trash.

treasure chests drops are generally garbage, and there really isn't any difference between 1/5/25/100, other than maybe a legendary item drop or a 1% unique, and mainly the gamble of the andermant jackpots (1k/10k/100k) on the 5/25/100 and ffs increase the time the greedy sentinel is around, this guy is such a tease.

I feel there are 3 reasons for chests and only opening chests on higher difficulties like merciless/bloodshed and ONLY pop 5 lockpicks.

first is 5 lock chests offer 5-50 andermant
    second is they drop gems, ive seen flawless/sacred
    third is gear drops scaling to map level (level 40 getting level 70/80 gear drops from chests)

could 5/25/100 chests use a boost? sure could, they should at least drop better quality, more gems, or drop items like blood chests. guarateed unique on 25? good base stats on 100? jewels? royal/traps? pet/mount? increased andermant?

mobs drop stuff, but the description is vague. 1% is not 1%, its clearly rounded up, and this is only in terms of champion kills, not reg mobs. After running countless normal to merciless, it's apparent, but on bloodshed i see 0-4 uniques from champ kills per map. The part i hate is killing tough bloodshed mobs to get copper onry. (aka leaders or blue champs).
    boss drop rates are trash below merciless. just know that the best things currently are high wisdom drops and a handful of mid to high range gems. bosses should be killed in groups on high difficulties for better % and better quality/level.

daily quests should be boosted to reflect R_246 and r_251 changes, more coin, more wisdom, longer boosts.. and remove the andermant paywall.. wow, this disturbs me the most, because 90% of the time dailies are impossible for most under 100.

now mystic cubes and premium.. i think you have this all backwards, as do the developers. cube rarity is key here, if your only getting basic/green/blue cubes you dont reap the benefits. it is mostly all junk. If you can kill off bloodshed stuff, these drop some good things.
    utilizing my free week from an event and another week that was given out free, i got about 400-500 or so.. ?
    yes it is still going to be vendor items, yes the glyphs are trash, gold, wisdom, and they should be boosted. realm frags, and infernal coins drop too. The main thing was getting around 25 royal and about 10 trapezoid gems that i couldn't get otherwise.

You dont even mention the free revival from premo... this paywall without it, is an absolute game breaker IMHO. As a salty mage who gets one shotted by anything (more so now as bloodmage), I just hate playing this game on bloodshed, knowing im spending 40 andermant each on constant revivals (or any death really). Premo revive is the only way i feel like one can actually do bloodshed, or pop portals in brigavik.

TLDR; remove paywalls in dailies/death, improve premium cube drops, chests, add to emilia premo trader.

3. EriduSerpent

EriduSerpent Forum Apprentice

I decided to give Terrifying shadows a go... I even spent money on 25'500 Andermant, thinking it would be worth
    buying amphora and chest keys.
    How wrong was I, I went in Sargons lair about 7 times, opened all I found, all I got was the same crap and one blue parrot. I did not get ANYTHING better than I already have, just a load of Anderworld crap! A lot of splintered gems and rings, again at least 5 levels lower than I already have.
    The gold value on most was 0, 1 and a couple were 32.
    ABSOLUTE [EDIT]!

A TOTAL waste of effort, time and money.
    I'm not renewing my premium membership, I'm glad I opted to try it for a month first.
    It's an effing joke!
    Premium Membership my [EDIT].

It's such a shame because I like the game but not enough to be treated like a fecking idiot.
    I'm going to play without spending another cent.
    When I post game reviews I will advise others to do the same.
    SHAME ON YOU AT DRAKENSANG!
    You do realise that soon you will run out of people willing to pay to play if we get [EDIT] all different...
    if we get nothing worth buying Andermant for don't you?

Last edited by moderator: Jul 30, 2021
    tozagol likes this.