Support Connection issues after servers move (Agathon and Tegan)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by dkarl, Apr 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

There's another thread, now locked, in which a mod ( @Erebus ) reported that the servers were confirmed up and stable.

Unfortunately, I still cannot connect to Tegan from Southern California (thinclient tries, but eventually times out with the generic "All connection attempts failed" error message).

Just a heads up that some of us are still having problems with the move.

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-

Oh, and I can connect to the test server, so my general internet functionality and DSO thinclient are not the issue, it's just accessing Tegan.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jslaughter

jslaughter Forum Apprentice

i still cannot connect from south carolina either on agathon server, still getting all connection attempts have failed

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. Asad_Khan

Asad_Khan Forum Greenhorn

I cannot log in in my account still on tegan server

4. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello heroes, we've received some similar reports, so far the solution for some of them has been flushing their DNS, with the steps provided in the link, please proceed and let us know the results, we'll try to support you with any issues you might still have, best regards.

5. jslaughter

Any word on when the problems associated with the move will be fixed. I still get all attempts have failed on agathon server. Im on the east coast in the united states.

6. KaraLily

KaraLily Forum Greenhorn

I'm east coast also, I can connect to Tegan, but my game is on Agathon which I cannot connect to.

7. jslaughter

Ok so just did the dns flush and it worked, so thanks for that advice, i am connected now

8. RKmeldor

RKmeldor Forum Apprentice

Connecting to Agathon server, and went to dos, and performed ipconfig /flushdns a couple times and it did not work, the third time I was able to log in successfully

9. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

ipconfig didn't work ... I tried it without rebooting (ipconfig /flushdns followed by ipconfig /registerdns) and with a full reboot (immediately after I did an ipconfig /flushdns command, of course).

For fun, I tried connecting to Agathon instead: thinclient is blank except for a button labeled "Back" and the title of the window says "Error."

Got the same error when I tried connecting to Heredur.

Finally, was able to connect to Werian.

I only have toons on Tegan and (through a different account) the test server. I did not try to create a toon on Werian (though the toon creation screen did load ... I don't want to start over again).

Any more suggestions?

10. Erebus

Erebus User

Try to uninstall, wipe out the temp folder, and re-install.

11. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

I did the DNS flush and deleted DSO client folder. I downloaded the game again but all I get is "all connection attemps failed" when trying to log in the Agathon. But for some reason I can connect to Tegan :( I guess I try tomorrow again.

12. Erebus

Erebus User

@-HARRA81- , could you please run a ping test and a tracert to Agathon and share the results?, thanks.

13. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

[​IMG]

lol it's almost like professional

14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

All you have to do is ditch the stupid Client.
    Use Internet Explorer 11.
    IE is one of the crappiest browsers of all time ... yet better than the client.

I have connected to Agathon
    [​IMG]

15. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

Nope, didn't work on IE 11 either I just tried :(

16. trakilaki

Trace the route
    " tracert agathon.drakensang.com "

See if there are any obstacles in between.

EDIT
    ========

My route for Grimmag shows:
    drasaonline-815-loadbalancer-063169.pinf627.bigpoint.net [178.132.240.179]
    for the final destination

but for Agathon and Tegan it shows:
    tencent-ic-322390-palo-b1.c.telia.net [213.248.90.251]

Tencent :D
    Finaly Chinese Democracy

No more US Servers.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  17. BlindAntelope

BlindAntelope Forum Greenhorn

I am in Australia and experiencing the same problems. I have flushed, ditched, cleaned, swept and reloaded. 4 hours of resetting MY computer in an attempt to match your reset. Still no game. I cannot connect to any server.
    I am using the thin client.
    Message reads "all connection attempts failed- RETRY?"
    I play on Tegan and have tried to connect to Agathon, neither is available.
    I can connect to Heredur, but I really do not want to start a new character on a new server.

18. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

19. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

can't get to either "American" server:

[​IMG]

Where's the tutorial on how to post a screenshot? ... thank you mod for fixing my image.

Just so you can't say I didn't try everything, I uninstalled/reinstalled ... but got the same connection failed error message, as there's clearly something wrong in the route between me and the servers.

Oh, and I misspoke earlier: I accessed (but didn't create toons) on Grimmag, not Werian.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  20. trakilaki

There are issues in few points in the loop

[​IMG]

that means both servers are not 100% reachable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.