Suggestion Crafting - Inheriting enchantments

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ΣMiwel, Dec 8, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you want these improvements to crafting?

1. Yes!

20.0%
  2. No

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Some time ago it was very hard to drop a unique, people had been farming for months or even years until they got what they wanted... or until the long-desired item became obsolete. That's why the vendors selling the uniques were added. However, dressing a toon in full uniques, even if they're all t5, still doesn't make it powerful. For that you need to craft good, preferably 4/4, legs and transfer them onto uniques. Transferring isn't really unfair, pristine cores drop in infernal every time you kill the boss and elemental cores drop almost always when you kill certain bosses. That's why everyone can gather the materials regardless of PRNG.

When it comes to crafting the bonuses to transfer together though, it's injust. Some get the result very soon, spending like 1k gold, and others load thousands (over 7k) of gold into the ever-hungry monster called workbench with no result. Seriously, this has to end!

I came up with proposition of changes that would make the inheriting enchantments crafting simply fair. Now, to craft something you have to toss two items with desired lines, two scrap items and a good amount (at least for exo to leg and leg to leg) of gold. On a failed craft, you lose the scrap items, used gold and some further gold. What are scrap items worth? Some GoP, I suppose. Here goes how the workbench should work in my opinion:
    - place two items with some desired lines
    - place some new sort of cores (eg. 10 for green to blue, 50 for blue to exo, 100 for exo to leg, 500 for leg to leg) which would be bought for gold (for numbers I specified should be 1core=1gold)
    - pay with GoP (again a proposition of costs: 100k for green to blue, 500k for blue to exo, 1mil for exo to leg, 5mil for leg to leg
    - a window pops up where you can choose enchantments, amounts of inherited enchantments would be the same as now - always one random and others inherited, except for leg to leg where all would be inherited

Pros:
    + our current crafting progress wouldn't be wasted in any way
    + same costs for everyone
    + wouldn't be too easy
    Cons:
    - we would have to adapt to new mechanics

As you see, we would only benefit from it. If we get enough votes in the poll, there will be a great chance that they finally make the crafting fair.

2. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

1. 'Simplifying' crafting wouldn't be fair to those already invested resources to craft.
    2. Even though you can bug unique with fragments, it is still not determinated - stats are random.
    3. Your solution isn't necessarily easier - I hate farming cores and glyphs. It is now easier than ever, but I still hate it remembering the old times.
    4. Crafting is not that complex. It's hard to craft the first item of a type. As soon as you got that one, or a good enough one, you do crafting as your normal routine crafting the second one, third one etc.

I have crafted 7 rings, 6 torsos, 5 helmets, 3 weapons etc. Wasn't as lucky with amulets and adornments - just two of each. But I did. And none of it for andermant, all for farmed gold.

I do not like your idea as it is.

3. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Current crafting system works fine. I am happy with it.
    For me it is more time consuming to farm the melts that require to upgrade equipment.

4. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

While I believe crafting should be tightened up a bit (just a little), your solution would put a tremendous burden on those who are casual players and those who are only strong enough to run painful. For those players, using gathering millions of gops isn't all that easy.

As much as some would hate it, some solution to make newer/weaker players stronger to close the gap (a little) between them and the super strong needs to happen. This would help everyone in the long run with making grouping easier and making pvp less of a complaint fest.

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

As you describe it, it would unbalance things even further because it removes all luck from the equation. You would only need four of the best lines and enough resources and you will get what you want.

In my opinion, it would be more interesting to have some sort of rare item introduced that can fill a 3rd or 4th slot on the crafting bench, but has no stats. That would reduce the number of available stats by four in a legendary to legendary craft and significantly improve the odds. That said, these items should be just about as rare as a universal gem/rune since that is how it would behave.

6. gun

gun Forum Great Master

If the crafting 2.0 motive is to make solely about player benefit. The mechanic with no destroyed items on revert action would be the one went live that time.
    I assume that BP still would like to keep some ways to generate income from crafting 2.0. That is why what came live as it is now.

Crafting 2.0 is proven to be effective to player beneficial. It start with dozen successful legendary craft, and then hundreds.. thousands.. perhaps at the moment already in millions. Some even did managed to get their perfectionist result on nearly all maxed out enchantment values.

One player might get lucky on one to certain amount of items. But I believe this player also got unlucky on the other items. Thus making the condition equals.

There are some portion of the game that use gamble mechanics. And that mechanics is broad up on the table very clearly. Players who would like to consume what on the table knew it. Yet for some, think it is unfair that the other players get luckier.

However, I would agree if the proposed solution is to limit effort such as implemented on Merchant shop for uniques items. Not lucky enough to get the drop, but always got the chance to get currency to buy the uniques.

It would be interesting also if every reverted craft could improve players odds.
    Let's say we call it as Crafting Improvement Point (CIP).
    And let's say 10 reverts = 1 CIP.
    And 1 CIP = 1 line removal (excluding gold lines) from ingredient

So it's about getting closer and closer every try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.