[Crafting question] Damage Output

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by 9ndrei, Dec 16, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Hi,

Example: You have the Q7 staff. You want to craft a legendary for enchantment transferring. Which type of enchantment gives you the highest damage output:

4x Increased damage on this item
    4x Increased damage
    2x Increased damage on this item + 2x Increased damage

(or other combination)

Let's just assume you have to chose between the gold/plat enchants.

Thanks

2. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

4x Increased damage on this item

3. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

So there is no real advantage to have Increased Damage, it's basically the second best enchant?

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

No, it is as bad as crit damage. The problem is that %Damage dilutes all the other sources of %Damage, most notably essence. The more %Damage you have, the less essence will help you.

5. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Put it this way:

My Bear staff was a T6, lvl60, max dam 995, with 3/4 gold lines of % inc dam oti (=275%).

I got a T3 Bear staff with a gold line max damage.

I soul transfered and augmented up the new bear staff. The result was a 36 damage increase to min and max (gold 1031). That resulted in a 700 damage increase to my min/max Base damage.

Would not have gotten close to that result with any other type of enchantment in the weapon.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  6. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Thanks everyone. And since I got you here, might I ask if 4 gold lines of increased damage is a bad transfer to an unique? Some told me I should've tried to craft critical on the head..

7. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

For helmet, crit is good if you're lacking in crit. Once you max out at 80% crit rate for -insert whatever difficulty you want- then you may as well get damage instead.

8. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

No. It is a great transfer. Before 214 Update, It was good to have a full Crit Helmet. But no more.
    You can get to 80% Critical Hit Rate on Infernal IV without a Crit Helmet.
    So, go all damage on Your Helmet.

9. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

What do you mean I can get 80% hit rate on inf4? :)

10. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Not yet, but eventually. When you upgrade all Crit Gems to Magic Royal and when You upgrade Your weapon Adornment and Rings to T8.

11. _Baragain_

I started this release with over 34k crit because they forced me to switch to onyxes. I've since dropped to 25.7k crit, but gained 4k damage... I'm still reworking my build. :(

That said, I am using a 1crit/3damage helmet for the time being.

cdeepal likes this.
  12. You can purchase a crit buff in Hognis Mine for like 70g. It gives 7.4k crit. I only have 13.5k crit atm and with the buff I go up to 26k. That gets me to about ~70% crit for Inf 4 and 80% for all other modes. :)

I am using a 2x crit and 2x dmg helm atm. Will switch to 4x dmg eventually, when I can make up for the crit with something else.

cdeepal likes this.
  13. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

And also if you need even more Crit temporarily, You can use the upgraded Arachna pet, which adds over 2000 more crit which gets also multiplied with any Crit rate multipliers that You have.

Even without good gems and no buffs, my crit already hits 80% at Infernal IV with the pet (still using Crit Helmet, but already has Crafted 4x Damage Helmet, Need a T7 Dragan Helmet to Transfer it into. I am not going to replace my Current Helmet. I want to find a new Helmet to Transfer this one).

14. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Assuming I have the Arachna Pet, which I don't. :)

15. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

When using purple or red essence, 4x increased damage on this item increases your damage the most.

When using no essence, white, or green, 3x damage on this item + 1x increased damage turns out to be the best, although there is just a little difference from 4x incresaed dmg on this item.

Plain 4x increased damage is the worst, by far.

Let me show you my current damage numbers, as an example, if I were using following weapon enchantments and essences:
    (idoti = increased damage on this item, id = increased damage)

no essence white ess green ess blue ess purple ess red ess
    4x 76% idoti 23561 - 29311 25845 - 32453 28129 - 34995 32698 - 40679 41835 - 52046 50972 - 63413
    3x 76% idoti + 1x 63% id 24781 - 30590 26712 - 32974 28436 - 35089 32269 - 39820 39937 - 49281 47604 - 58743
    4x 63% id 17753 - 20567 18623 - 21576 19494 - 22584 21235 - 24601 24717 - 28635 28199 - 32669

The differences in the values will probably be more or less significant depending on what your current setup is, i.e. how much %id you have on our other items like belt, helmet, and torso; and how strong the base values of your items are.

In general, the more % increased dmg on this item there is on your weapon, the better.​

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    navelko likes this.
  16. _Baragain_

Imagine my tears when I saw this drop.
    [​IMG]
    At least it sold well.

17. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

The image won't show for me, but I assume you got 4x gold id weapon? With a platinum line maybe? Ahww...

18. Zoltan

Zoltan Junior Expert

Same Akageshi. Although knowing some of Baragain posts it will awesome....just not awesome enough :)

19. _Baragain_

Odd. I can see it just fine.

Well, it is a 2H legendary that dropped with four lines of %ID (instead of %IDotI) for a total of 251%. Literally, all the lines are 62.5% or higher. It is the single worst "perfect" drop I've ever seen.

Akageshi and Zoltan like this.
  20. Zoltan

Zoltan Junior Expert

Can see why you shed a tear. As someone still trying to craft their first 4gl %IDoti I still get excited by seeing gold lines on enchant. A 4GL, even though it is a sell, would have had me looking twice.