Critical hit rate v.s critical damage (pls tell which is more preferable)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by DiabloadiK, Nov 28, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

which is the best..?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2014.
  1. critcal hit rate v.s critical damage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. critical hit rate/damage or critical damage/damage

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiabloadiK

DiabloadiK Forum Apprentice

Hi all i'm just curious about this two...,because i have 2 legend belt. 1-belt have critical hit rate and the other 1 have critical damage.tnx

2. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Fortunately for all of us, its not that simple a choice. There are a lot of complexities involved in the answer. The best answer is whichever one helps YOU do more damage. What's best for one toon will be different for another. Use a damage calculator like http://dsopage.bplaced.net/ or http://drakensang.optimizer.free.fr/ .
    They are very useful for comparing one item to another.

3. Bloodstain

Bloodstain Forum Apprentice

Critical damage, and critical hit rate are both connected (which i'm sure you knew already)

The Critical hit rate tells you how likely you are to land a critical hit. (if you hover over the number, it will say something like 30% or 50% etc).

I've never had the chance to experiment with the critical hit rate, because i've never had huge numbers for that, maybe someone else can tell you what percentage is best to have.

The critical damage is the damage you do, each time you land a critical hit. For example 200% which is the base I think.

IMO It's always better to have more critical hit rate... landing lots of hits of 200% is a lot more than one hit of 250%
    So if you have a low crit rate (which I assume will be below 50%? Correct me if i'm wrong) Go for crit rate.
    If it is high, then go for crit damage

4. thebearreturns

thebearreturns Exceptional Talent

without critical hit rate.. your critical dmg is 0, BUT once you reach about 1600 critical hit rate, stop there and go for critical dmg... few days ago i had 299% critical dmg, but only 1046 CHR, now i changed to 259% critical dmg and 1600 CHR so i deal more critical impacts with 40% critical dmg less, but my DPI is higher... so the point is looking for DPI increase .. speed is the 1st stat that pumps it ;)

5. VoulaAek1

VoulaAek1 Forum Connoisseur

I personally believe that balance between these 2 would be the best.For example if you have 2500 critical hit rate and 240% critical damage you will provoke almost 400-500 more damage using your skills than you would with 200% critical damage.I have checked it. But with the same damage.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  6. thebearreturns

thebearreturns Exceptional Talent

yea this is the point ... the BALANCE

7. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Multiply critical rate and critical damage together, and you get the effective critical damage rate. The rest of the time you get your normal damage rate. If one or the other is low, then the effective rate is low too. Generally, if both are higher, the evil minions and your pvp opponents will go down much faster.

If your critical hits 50 % of the time, and your critical damage is boosted to 200%, the 1/2 the time you hit, your damage will be double the normal values. If you hit normally at 1000 damage, then at a 50% critical hit rate, 1/2 the time your damage will be the normal value, 1000, and 1/2 the time your damage will be at the critical value, 2000. Then, on average, you hit about 1500.
    Note: actual damage will vary over time, due to "random-ness" of the attack at a given time.

8. Mario_Boss

Mario_Boss Regular

In my opinion you need at least 50% of crit hit value. Crit dmg you will get later on with cloaked and 2*ring of death

I is hard to get them both but you should go on crit value hit first

9. DiabloadiK

DiabloadiK Forum Apprentice

tnx guys..., i made my calculation yesterday through drakensang optimizer, it is good both high but if you choose between the 2 it is critical hit rate. i think its a exponential curve. i asked this way cuz im stopped playing for 1year & 1month. im hardly pvpier lvl 31 skoto and purely F2P and its very hard to make a mistake i know you know what i mean...

10. Delikvent

Delikvent Forum Apprentice

You shouldnt seperate those two. Best stats depends of class tou are playing and your preformances but usually you should have crit dmg above 270% i crit hit rate at least 2000. Dmg is very important too but I now some players that are playing on crit rate and when they make crritical hit it is almoast every time one shot kill. The point is that you have to find combination that works and that is something that most players search a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.