D3D9Vertexbuffer failed to lock vertexbuffer crash

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by SuperDennisNL, Dec 5, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperDennisNL

SuperDennisNL Forum Greenhorn

Player name: Argentumnis
    Class: Dragonknight
    Level: 12
    Server: Heredur

Thinclient in use, no java installed
    Both fullscreen and windowed create the issue

Details:
    Hello, I have a problem which makes my game unplayable. Whenever I transition a map, be it the starter area or the hag grotto or just the king city, after a while of either doing nothing
    or move around then the game just decides to crash. The screen turns black or white (varies) for a second and gives the Nebula3 error message.

I've had multiple types of crashes, ranging from locking up my entire pc making me use the power button or unresponsiveness and lag in game resulting in invisible enemies and landscape and after that a nebula 3 error crash. Also a 'soft' crash where it's just the nebula error and i can close the screen. It also happens sometimes when I press the quest log or any NPC.
    One time it might work to click on an NPC and the next time I press the same NPC it doesn't work and lags or locks up.

What did you expect?:
    Back on windows 7 in 2015 the game worked fine, no hardware has been changed.

Can you reproduce the error?
    Yes, simply stand in town square or anywhere and it will crash sooner or later. It varies.

What was the displayed error message?
    [​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/hvt9f

I have tried every single fix that the Technical FAQ provided.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey @SuperDennisNL ,

Thank you for your detailed report.
    Have you tried to clean your temp files folder? It may help you.

If the problem remains, please contact our Support Center, providing the error code/message and your logfiles. It will help our team to identify the reason why your game is crashing.

Cheers ;)

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Do you have the latest hardware (graphics) drivers installed on your PC?

4. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

As I said in this post there is something you can do to "fix it"

https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/mac-client-technical-support.4571/page-19#post-679892

delete the temp folder as Sunlight said.

Anyway it seems related to nVidia graphic adapter because all the ones that have this problem were using dedicated nVidia GPU.

[Edit]
    I did some further tests (because the problem wasn't fixed at all).
    I disabled this options and this gave me the best stability so far (assumed that obviusly it wasn't a problem related to my VGA nor my laptop because I play other 5 games without problems).

[​IMG]

Disable "High graphic quality" and eventually force max AA and Aniso via drivers.

---MERGED---

Since it is a very important issue I'd like this was reported to the dev team I bump it (the cause and solution is the one reported in my last edit)

Last edited by moderator: Jan 11, 2018
  5. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello @Saved_81
    You will have to contact support. You can include link to this thread and provide them with files per request.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.