Announcement Dark Dwarf Heist - March 2016

Discussion in 'Event FAQs' started by teddy.bear, Mar 7, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

event_dark_dwarf_heist_3_dro_facebook.png
    Official Event Guide & Walkthrough
    Dark Dwarf Heist
    Quick Overview

Required levels20-50 (see notice below)
    Duration11th March – 21st March
    What is new in this event?
    • We have a new mount in the progress event bar: the gear wings! You will need to craft the four parts of these wings at the workbench. Two pieces will be prizes of the main progression bar and the other two will appear in the two challenges of this event. Keep on reading!
    • In this edition there won’t be any access to the Nightmare “Blazing Inferno” map.
    dh-002.jpg

Introduction – Plot

This event is all about Viscanium, a magical mineral used by the Spellweavers to create magical books, in which the story of Dracania is written down. Viscanium is gathered from a mysterious mine, a hidden place, somewhere in Dracania.

The mine was recently attacked and eventually taken over by dark dwarves. The dwarves have built a submarine dock underneath the mine in order to transport the stolen Viscanium to Stalgard, where they plan to create dangerous military equipment with it.
    The Spellweavers ask the heroes of Dracania to stop the dwarves and their minions, as Viscanium can be a dangerous weapon in the hands of the dark dwarves.

How to start the event

In order to start the event you need to speak with NPC Mud and NPC Shady John in Kingshill. Hear what they have to say, accept their quests and make your way to the Viscanium Mine. The entrance is located right next to Mud and Shady John.

PortraitNameLocationPurpose
    dw01.jpgMudKingshillMud has some trouble with the gnomes which had invaded the mine.
    He is muttering to himself when he doesn’t notice the player. Also, quest giver.
    dw02.pngShady JohnKingshillJohn sells event-specific items for Andermant. In this case, Purified Viscanium in various amounts.
    In addition, he also serves as quest giver.
    dw03.pngDrake the Soldier of MisfortuneKingshill – next to ThaboHe is a dead fortune hunter who is not able to find his eternal rest, because of his unfinished list
    of hidden treasures he wanted to discover. He asks the player in all upcoming events for help.

Inside the Viscanium Mine

In the Viscanium Mine you have plenty of opportunities to gather Pure Viscanium, which you need in order to progress in the overall event. The mine is occupied by a dangerous array of monsters that need to be put into place. Three bigger champion monsters can also be found in the mine.​

dh-003.png

Adding Pure Viscanium to the event progress bar: Viscanium Rocks and Geodes

In the entire mine you can find several clickable objects; most notably the Viscanium Rocks and Geodes, that hold the desirable Pure Viscanium. The stack size that can be mined can vary from 1 to 10 pieces.​

dh-004.png
    • Viscanium Rocks: Through a simple click these rocks will drop either Pure or Impure Viscanium. No Crystal Miner’s Pickaxes pickaxe needed!
    dh-005.png
    • Viscanium Geodes: They will always drop Pure Viscanium but your character has to use Crystal Miner’s Pickaxes in order to mine Pure Viscanium. Be careful though; there is a chance that a wild Viscanium Minion will appear to protect the geode!
    Event state-objects: the Amphorae

The Amphorae are special event chests. To open them you need Amphorae Keys. The Amphorae always drop their loot for the player who opened them, but every group member in the location should be able to open the same Amphora. There are two different kinds of Amphorae:
    dh-006.png

• Festive Amphorae: you will need 1 key to open one.
    • More Festive Amphorae: you will need 5 keys to open one. They enjoy a better drop.
    What can you expect from these amphorae? A great deal of amazing items: virtual currency, Pure Viscanium, Draken, pickaxes, entries for the Viscanium Mine and the Steamship Harbor, pieces of equipment, and much more!!​

Most notable rewards from the main event progress bar

IconNameDescription
    dw04.pngCostume:Warrior of TruthGather 1,475 Pure Viscanium and you will be rewarded with this glorious costume.
    dw05.pngDiving Bell CostumeExploring the depths of Dracanian waters will no longer be a problem for your hero. Get 4,000 Pure Viscanium and it will be yours!
    dw06.pngPart 1 and 2 of the gear wingsYou will need these parts (the other two are prizes from the challenges) in order to craft your gear wings at the workbench.

Important items for the Viscanium Mine
    Worthy opponents:enemies that are -/+ 5 levels your own

IconNameDescription
    dw07.pngViscanium Miner PackYou will receive this item through the quest No Mercenary! and daily by logging in to your account and opening the window for events (hotkey: E).
    It contains:1 x Secret Map of the Viscanium Mine
    5 x Crystal Miner’s Pickaxe
    50 x Impure Viscanium
    dw08.pngImpure ViscaniumAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):No
    Available from: drop from every worthy opponent in Dracania’s areas.
    Purpose: Is needed to complete quests To the Mine and Fair Trade, offered by NPC Shady John.
    dw09.pngPure ViscaniumAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T): Yes
    Available from:
    There are 5 different methods to gather Pure Viscanium during the event:
    1. Worthy opponents occasionally drop it (only in the Viscanium Mine).
    2. By clicking on "Viscanium Rocks" that can be found in the Viscanium Mine.
    3. By mining it from a "Viscanium Geode" that can be found in the Viscanium Mine.
    4. Through trade with NPC Shady John via the quest Fair Trade
    5. By buying it from NPC Shady John or in the in-game shop (hotkey: T)

Purpose: Is needed to progress in the event and obtain event related rewards.
    dw10.pngCrystal Miner’s PickaxeAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from: drop from Gravel-Gobbler Gnomes in the Viscanium Mine.
    Purpose: Is needed to mine Viscanium Geodes.

Progress bar items and costs

RewardNeeded Pure Viscanium
    1x Secret Map of the Viscanium Mine75
    20x Draken240
    35x Lowering Contraption Burner250
    20x Lock Pick495
    50x Lowering Contraption Burner715
    30x Draken810
    Legendary Equipment1,075
    40x Draken1,345
    Warrior of Truth costume1,475
    Part 1 of the Gear Wings1,775
    50x Draken2,210
    100x Lowering Contraption Burner2,220
    2x Large Gem Bag2,650
    60x Draken2,935
    2x Legendary Equipment3,000
    70x Draken3,425
    250x Lowering Contraption Burner3,555
    Diving Bell Costume4,000
    100x Draken4,250
    Part 2 of the Gear Wings4,550

Special Challenge Map: the Secret Steamship Harbor

When and how can you access this map?​

dh-007.png

The dark dwarves are using this underground harbor to smuggle Viscanium and it is your task to stop them. The Secret Steamship Harbor can only be accessed once the Dark Dwarf Heist Challenges have started (see timetables below) and your hero will need at least 100 Lowering Contraption Burners to access the map. This entrance fee has to be paid every time your hero wants to access the harbor.​

Dark Dwarf Heist - Challenges 1-2
    Required Character Level: 20-50
    Maximum number of players in group: 5

During the entire event your heroes will be able to complete two mini challenges that will be activated on specific dates (see timetable below). Challenges are mini events that run along the main event. Each challenge has its own duration and will only be activated once. Each of the challenges has a different progress bar and thus also different rewards.​

How to participate in the challenges

The challenges will automatically be activated on the listed dates below, all you have to do is enter the map “the Secret Steamship Harbor”. In order to fill the progress bar of a mini challenge you need to collect Viscanium Drops. You can review your personal progress, the runtime of the mini challenge and the rewards at any time in the event overview window (hotkey: E).For each challenge you will have to defeat a different type of enemy (see table) in order to gather Viscanium Drops.​

ChallengeTarget EnemyChange of environment
    #1You will need to kill the dark dwarves in the secret steamship harbor.Viscanium Drops will drop from Longhelm Sailors
    dw11.png
    -
    #2You will need to destroy the dwarven guntowers and the commander tank.Viscanium Drops will drop from the A-74-K Security Towers and the Admiral Iron Creeper
    dw12.png dw13.png
    Beware of the clouds of poison!

Timetable – Dates of the challenges

ServerChallenge #1 12th March – 14th MarchChallenge #2 17th March – 20th March
    Heredur12:00 noon – 12:00 noon (CET UCT+1)12:00 noon – 12:00 noon (CET UCT+1)
    Grimmag12:00 noon – 12:00 noon (CET UCT+1)12:00 noon – 12:00 noon (CET UCT+1)
    Werian12:00 noon – 12:00 noon (CET UCT+1)12:00 noon – 12:00 noon (CET UCT+1)
    Balor PvP12:00 noon – 12:00 noon (CET UCT+1)12:00 noon – 12:00 noon (CET UCT+1)
    Agathon06:00 pm – 06:00 pm (CET UCT+1)06:00 pm – 06:00 pm (CET UCT+1)
    Tegan09:00 pm – 09:00 pm (CET UCT+1)09:00 pm – 09:00 pm (CET UCT+1)

Items needed for the Dark Dwarf Heist Challenges

IconNameDescription
    dw14.pngLowering Contraption BurnerAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from: drops from the following 3 champion monsters in the Viscanium Mine:
    Destructikus Timoff 1000
    Destructikus Timoff 2000
    Destructikus Timoff 3000
    Purpose: Is needed as entrance fee to access the Secret Steamship Harbor and participate in the challenges
    dw15.pngViscanium DropsAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from:
    In challenge #1 Viscanium Drops will drop from Longhelm Sailors
    In challenge #2 Viscanium Drops will drop from A-74-K Security Towers and Admiral Iron Creeper
    Purpose: Is needed to progress in the challenges and obtain rewards related to the challenges
    dw16.pngPoison Immunity PotionAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from: does not drop from any monster
    Purpose: This potion will protect you from the poison clouds in the mysterious harbor beneath the Viscanium Mine.
    Duration of immunity: 30 minutes
    Important Note: You cannot extend the duration of the immunity by consuming multiple potions. You need to consume one potion at a time.
    dw17.pngSmall Poison Immunity PotionAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):No
    Available from: drops from the following 3 champion monsters in the Viscanium Mine:
    Senior Drillikus Alexoff
    Destructikus Timoff 1000
    Destructikus Timoff 2000
    Purpose: This potion will protect you from the poison clouds in the mysterious harbor beneath the Viscanium Mine.
    Duration of immunity: 5 minutes
    Important Note: You cannot extend the duration of the immunity by consuming multiple potions. You need to consume one potion at a time.

Most notable rewards from the Dark Dwarf Heist Challenges

IconNameDescription
    dw18.pngPart 3 and 4 of the Gear WingsYou will need these parts (the other two are prizes from the main progress bar)
    in order to craft your gear wings at the workbench.
    dw19.pngJewel of EnhancementJewel of Enhancement can be used together with any two identical gemstones of the same level
    to create a higher level gemstone. During the Dark Dwarf Heist Event you can obtain one of these jewels.
    dw20.pngTitle:Longhelm HunterComplete the entire 1st challenge to unlock this achievement
    dw21.pngTitle:Safety InspectorComplete the entire 2nd challenge to unlock this achievement
    dw22.pngTitle:Admiral Iron CreeperComplete the entire 2nd challenge to unlock this achievement
    dw23.pngTitle:Heist cancelledComplete both challenges to unlock this achievement

Specific challenges rewards for each of the two challenges

Rewards Challenge #1Needed Viscanium Drops
    999x Essence of Combat50
    10x Draken75
    3x Spirit Guard75
    10x Draken165
    2x Color Cerulean160
    5x Universal Health Potion235
    10x Draken305
    50x Lock pick380
    999x Essence of War465
    10x Draken470
    5x Amphorae Keys575
    10x Draken690
    1x Gem bag835
    Part 3 of the Gear Wings + achievement #11000

Rewards Challenge #2Needed Viscanium Drops
    20x Draken100
    2x Color Jade180
    2x Gem Bag380
    20x Draken495
    3x Mighty Spirit Guard620
    20x Draken755
    6x Amphorae Keys900
    20x Draken1,055
    Achievement #21,120
    999x Essence of Destruction1,355
    100x Lock pick1,595
    30x Draken1,745
    30x Draken2,105
    1x Legendary Equipment2,315
    30x Draken2,545
    Part 4 of the Gear Wings2,620
    Jewel of Enhancement + achievement #32,800

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need Draken?

This is our event currency. You can only win Draken during the event. They are useful in the game, since the event merchant named Gnob sometimes drops by Kingshill and sells special items which can only be bought with Draken.​

NoelaniAlthea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.