Announcement Dark Dwarf Heist

Discussion in 'Event FAQs' started by DSO Community Admin, May 20, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSO Community Admin

DSO Community Admin S-Moderator Team Drakensang Online

Official Event Guide & Walkthrough
    Dark Dwarf Heist

[​IMG]
    Quick Overview

Required levels1-45 (*see notice below)
    Duration21st May - 1st of June (11 days)
    Number of Quests 5
    *Please note: The event is playable from level 1 on but of course you need to go through the tutorial in order to play it. You can play the event on your own (single), but it might be easier to play in a group.

Introduction - Plot

This event is all about Viscanium, a magical mineral used by the Spellweavers to create magical books, in which the story of Dracania is written down. Viscanium is gathered from a mysterious mine, a hidden place, somewhere in Dracania.

Recently the mine was attacked and eventually taken over by dark dwarfs. The dwarfs have built a submarine dock underneath the mine in order to transport the stolen Viscanium to Stalgard, where they plan to create dangerous military equipment with it.​

The Spellweavers ask the heroes of Dracania to stop the dwarfs and their minions, as Viscanium can be a dangerous weapon in the hands of the dark dwarfs.
    Start the Event

To start the event you need to speak with NPC Mud, the Viscanium Miner, and NPC Shady John in major cities of Dracania (Kingshill, Ellonidos, etc). Accept their quests and make your way to the Viscanium Mine. The entrance is located right next to NPCs Mud and Shady John.
    Overview of important Non Player Characters (NPCs) for the event

PortraitNameLocationPurpose
    01.jpgMudKingshillOffers 3 quests:
    Chop, Chop!, Under Lock and Key, No Mercinary!
    02.pngShady JohnKingshillOffers 2 quests: To the Mine, Fair trade
    Is a merchant that sells items related to the event for Andermant

dark dwarven heist.png

Inside the Viscanium Mine

In the Viscanium Mine you have plenty of opportunities to gather Pure Viscanium, which you need in order to progress in the event. The mine is occupied by plenty of monsters that need to be put into place. Three bigger champion monsters can also be found in the mine.
    [​IMG]

Viscanium Rocks & Geodes

In the entire mine you can find several clickable objects; most notably the Viscanium Rocks and Geodes, that hold the desirable Pure Viscanium. The stack size that can be mined from Viscanium Rocks and Geodes can vary from 1 to 10 pieces.

Viscanium Rocks

Through a simple click these rocks will drop either Pure or Impure Viscanium.
    Viscanium Geodes
    Viscanium Geodes will always drop Pure Viscanium but your character has to use Crystal Miner’s Pickaxes in order to mine Pure Viscanium from the Viscanium Geodes. Be careful though; there is a chance that a wild Viscanium Minion will appear and attack you once you clicked on the Viscanium Geode.
    [​IMG]

Most notable rewards from the main event progress bar

IconNameDescription
    a1.pngCostume: Warrior of TruthGather 1175 Pure Viscanium and you will be rewarded with this glorious costume.
    a2.pngPet: Wee Viscanium GuardianYou will have to collect in total 4520 Pure Viscanium to gather all four pieces of this pet. Once you have all four pieces, you can combine them at the workbench and create the final Wee Viscanium Guardian.
    a3.pngMount: Steed of TruthGather a total of 2600 Pure Viscanium and this majestic steed is all yours!
    a4.pngEmote: Red Juggler’s PinsGather a total of amount of 3115 Pure Viscanium and your character will learn how to juggle with this emote.
    a5.pngEntrance Nightmare ‘Blazing Inferno’This is the final reward from the progress bar. Your character has to collect 5000 Pure Viscanium for this reward. This item opens a portal to the map Blazing Inferno, where you will have to compete against Sargon the Terrible and his evil companions.
    Important Items for the Viscanium Mine

Worthy opponents: enemies that are -/+ 5 levels of your own characters level
    IconNameDescription
    b1.pngViscanium Miner PackYou will receive this item through the quest No Mercinary and once, by logging into your account and opening the window for events (hotkey: E)
    1 x Secret Map of the Viscanium Mine
    5 x Crystal Miner’s Pickaxe
    50 x Impure Viscanium
    b2.pngImpure ViscaniumAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T): No
    Available from: drop from every worthy opponent in Dracania’s areas.
    Purpose: Is needed to complete quests To the Mine and Fair Trade, offered by NPC Shady John.
    b3.pngPure ViscaniumAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from:
    There are 5 different methods to gather Pure Viscanium during the event:
    1. Worthy opponents occasionally drop it (only in the Viscanium Mine).
    2. By clicking on "Viscanium Rocks" that can be found in the Viscanium Mine.
    3. By mining it from a "Viscanium Geode" that can be found in the Viscanium Mine.
    4. Through trade with NPC Shady John via the quest Fair Trade
    5. By buying it from NPC Shady John or in the in-game shop (hotkey: T)

Purpose: Is needed to progress in the event and obtain event related rewards.
    b4.pngCrystal Miner’s PickaxeAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T): Yes
    Available from: drop from Gravel-Gobbler Gnomes and Zarg the Crag-Chomper in the Viscanium Mine.
    Purpose: Is needed to mine Viscanium Geodes.

RewardNeeded Pure Viscanium
    Secret Map of the Viscanium Mine15
    10 x Draken45
    60 x Lowering Contraption Burner110
    20 x Draken240
    20 x Lock Pick338
    Wee Viscanium Guardian’s Left Arm (Part 1)500
    30 x Draken810
    1 x Legendary Equipment845
    1 x Costume: Warrior of Truth1175
    40 x Draken1345
    Wee Viscanium Guardian’s Right Arm (Part 2)1535
    50 x Lock Pick1875
    50 x Draken2210
    Wee Viscanium Guardian’s Head (Part 3)2310
    1 x Steed of Truth2600
    60 x Draken2935
    1 x Emote: Red juggler’s Pins3115
    70 x Draken3425
    300 x Lowering Contraption Burner3555
    1 x Legendary Equipment4105
    100 x Draken4250
    Wee Viscanium Guardian’s Heart (Part 4)4520
    2 x Entrance Nightmare ‘Blazing Inferno’5000

Map: The Mysterious Steamship Harbor

The dark dwarfs are using this underground harbor to smuggle Viscanium and it is your task to stop them. The Mysterious Steamship Harbor can only be accessed once the Dark Dwarf Heist Challenges have started (see timetable) and your hero will need at least 100 Lowering Contraption Burners to access the map. This entrance fee has to be paid every time your hero wants to access the harbor.Pay close attention to the environment in the Mysterious Steamship Harbor as it will change with every challenge!

[​IMG]
    Dark Dwarf Heist - Challenges 1-3

Required Character Level: 1-45
    Maximum number of players in group: 5
    During the duration of the entire event your heroes will be able to complete three mini challenges that will be activated on specific dates (see timetable). Challenges are mini events that run along the main event. Each of the three challenges only lasts 48 hours and will only be activated once. Each of the challenges has a different progress bar and thus also different rewards.
    How to participate in the challenges

The challenges will automatically be activated on the listed dates (see timetable), all you have to do is enter the map the Mysterious Steamship Harbor. In order to fill the progress bar of a mini challenge you need to collect Viscanium Drops. You can review your personal progress, the runtime of the mini challenge and the rewards at any time in the event overview window (hotkey: E).

For each challenge you will have to defeat a different type of enemy (see table) in order to gather Viscanium Drops.
    ChallengeTarget EnemyChange of Environment
    In challenge #1 Viscanium Drops will drop from Longhelm Mine Supervisors
    c1.png -
    In challenge #2 Viscanium Drops will drop from A-74-K Security Towers
    c2.pngIn challenge #1 the A-74-K Security Towers were not attacking you but this has changed now. Also certain areas of the map will be polluted by poison clouds that will drain your hero’s health. You can use Poison Immunity Potions to avoid this.[​IMG]
    In challenge #3 Viscanium Drops will drop from Admiral Iron Creeper
    c3.pngIn challenge #3 the A-74-K Security Towers not only attack your hero but they will they will be able to rotate and aim directly at your hero. Also, Admiral Iron Creeper is activated, this disastrous machine is a tough mechanical cookie, beware! In addition, the map is covered by more poison clouds than before that will drain your hero’s health. You can use Poison Immunity Potions to avoid this.

Items needed for the Dark Dwarf Heist Challenges

IconNameDescription
    d1.pngLowering Contraption BurnerAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from: drops from the following 3 champion monsters in the Viscanium Mine: Destructikus Timoff 1000,
    Destructikus Timoff 2000, Destructikus Timoff 3000
    Purpose: Is needed as entrance fee to access the Mysterious Steamship Harbor and participate in the challenges
    d2.pngViscanium DropsAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from:
    In challenge #1 Viscanium Drops will drop from Longhelm Mine SupervisorsIn challenge #2 Viscanium Drops will drop from A-74-K Security TowersIn challenge #3 Viscanium Drops will drop from Admiral Iron Creeper
    Purpose: Is needed to progress in the challenges and obtain rewards related to the challenges.
    d3.pngPoison Immunity PotionAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from: does not drop from any monster
    Purpose: This potion will protect you from the poison clouds in the mysterious Steamboat Harbor beneath the Viscanium Mine. Duration of immunity: 30 minutes
    Important Note: You cannot extend the duration of the immunity by consuming multiple potions. You need to consume one potion at a time.
    d4.pngSmall Poison Immunity PotionAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):No
    Available from: drops from the following 3 champion monsters in the Viscanium Mine: Senior Drillikus Alexoff, Destructikus Timoff 1000, Destructikus Timoff 2000
    Purpose: This potion will protect you from the poison clouds in the mysterious Steamboat Harbor beneath the Viscanium Mine. Duration of immunity: 5 minutes
    Important Note: You cannot extend the duration of the immunity by consuming multiple potions. You need to consume one potion at a time.

Timetable - Dates of the Challenges

ServerChallenge #1
    22nd-24th May
    Challenge #2
    26th - 28th May
    Challenge #3
    30th May-1st June
    Heredur1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)
    Grimmag1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)
    Werian1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)
    Balor PvP1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)1pm – 1pm (CEST UTC+2)
    Agathon07pm – 07pm (CEST UTC+2)07pm – 07pm (CEST UTC+2)07pm – 07pm (CEST UTC+2)
    Tegan10pm – 10pm (CEST UTC+2)10pm – 10pm (CEST UTC+2)10pm – 10pm (CEST UTC+2)

Most notable rewards from the Dark Dwarf Heist Challenges

IconNameDescription
    e1.pngGilded CloverGilded Clovers can usually only be obtained through the Jesters, Arlekin, Zampano and Ballerino
    NPC Zumpe can be paid with Gilded Clovers and exchange them for unique rewards.
    e2.pngJewel of EnhancementJewel of Enhancement can be used together with any two identical gemstones of the same level to create a higher level gemstone. During the Dark Dwarf Heist Event you can obtain 3 of these jewels.
    e3.pngChest of EnhancementThe Chest of Enhancement always contains one Jewel of Enhancement. It is the final reward of each of the three challenges. In total you can get three chests during the entire event.
    e4.pngDirections to Gnob’s CaveThis item is a reward from the 3rd challenge. Once you right-click on the item your character will directly be teleported to Gnob’s Cave where you can find Gnob, the event merchant, and purchase items from him.
    e5.pngTitle:Longhelm HunterComplete the entire 1st challenge to unlock this achievement
    e6.pngTitle:Safety InspectorComplete the entire 2nd challenge to unlock this achievement
    e7.pngTitle:Admiral Iron Creeper (retd)Complete the entire 3rd challenge to unlock this achievement
    e8.pngTitle:Heist cancelledComplete all three challenges to unlock this achievement

Rewards Challenge 1Needed Viscanium Drops
    999 x Essence of Combat50
    10x Draken115
    3 x Spirit Guards140
    10 x Draken175
    2 x Dye: Cerulean180
    5 x Universal Health Potion235
    10 x Draken300
    50 x Lock Pick375
    10 x Draken460
    5 x Amphorae Keys555
    10 x Draken660
    1 x Chest of Enhancement & Achievement775

Rewards Challenge 2Needed Viscanium Drops
    999 x Essences of War100
    20 x Draken165
    50 x Lock Pick240
    50 x Lock Pick330
    20 x Draken335
    2 x Gem Bag480
    20 x Draken550
    3 x Mighty Spirit Guard675
    20 x Draken810
    6 x Amphorae Keys955
    20 x Draken1110
    1 x Chest of Enhancement & Achievement1275

Rewards Challenge 3Needed Viscanium Drops
    999 x Essences of Destruction100
    30 x Draken210
    50 x Lock Pick340
    30 x Draken490
    2 x Large Gem Bag660
    30 x Draken850
    1 x Legendary Equipment1060
    30 x Draken1290
    1 x Directions to Gnob’s Cave1340
    1 x Gilded Clover1550
    30 x Draken1840
    1 x Chest of Enhancement & Achievement2150

Map: Nightmare ‘Blazing Inferno’

Required Character Level: 1-45
    Maximum number of players in group: 5
    The final reward from the event progress bar allows you to enter the map Blazing Inferno twice. Once you entered the map you will see a cloudy red sphere called Trapped Nightmares that you can attack. Beware though, prepare for a Pandora’s Box effect; once you destroy the sphere evil forces will be unleashed. Your heroes will be attacked by no other but Sargon the Terrible, the Glowing Demon and the Fiery Shadowbringer. With a little bit of luck Sargon and his evil tag team will drop their very own valuables. In total Sargon the Terrible has to be defeated 3 times before he is finally dead. He will undergo two transformations in total.
    image45.png

image46.png

Most notable rewards from the Nightmare ‘Blazing Inferno’

IconNameDescription
    f1.pngMount:Hell MareThere is a chance that the Glowing Demon drops this mount after being defeated.
    f2.pngDemon CostumeThere is a chance that the Glowing Demon drops this costume after being defeated.
    f3.pngPet:Jumping Jack-O'-LanternThere is a chance that the Glowing Demon drops this pet after being defeated.
    f4.pngCostume:Shadow MinionThere is a chance that Sargon the Terrible drops this costume after being defeated.
    f5.pngGemstone:Shadow Stone+11 Hitpoints,+22 Armor value, +33 Andermagic resistanceThere is a chance that Sargon the Terrible drops this gemstone after being defeated.
    f6.pngSargon’s Terrifying ArmorThere is a chance that Sargon the Terrible drops parts of this set after being defeated. Click here for more info.
    f7.pngSargon’s Shadow WeaponryThere is a chance that Sargon the Terrible drops parts of this set after being defeated. Click here for more info.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need Draken?

This is our event currency. You can only win Draken during the event. They are useful in the game, since the event merchant named Gnob sometime drops by Kingshill and sells special items which can only be bought with Draken.

Can I continue with the “Kill Sargon 999 times” (Entering the Shadow Kingdom) Quest?

Yes, you can progress in the quest by defeating Sargon the Terrible in Nightmare ‘Blazing Inferno’.

Last edited by moderator: May 22, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.