Suggestion Deadly Blow's 3p. talent rework

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by ΣMiwel, Apr 23, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you want that talent to be reworked in the proposed way?

1. Yes!

61.9%
  2. No!

38.1%
  1. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

With R209, the only cooldown reduction talent has been removed from the ranger's experience tree.

It was reducing all the active cooldowns by 1s per each critical hit with the Blade Dance. It was replaced with the bleeding effect.

Currently, all the other classes have at least one cooldown reduction talent, or even a dedicated skill (in case of dwarf):
    • Dwarf has Steam Conductor and Mechanical Turret's 5p. talent
    • Mage has Singularity's 5p. talent, partial in Ice Missile's 3p. talent and something cd-reduction-like in Mind Control's 5p. talent
    • DK has Rage Attack's 5p. talent and Charge's 5p. talent

Meanwhile, Deadly Blow's 3p. talent is utterly useless. It's the perfect thing to replace with the cooldown reduction.

My proposal of a new version of the talent:

Per critical hit of a marked enemy:
    • Reduces all the active cooldown times by 1 second

Iselda and Hoppin like this.
  2. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

Isn't this happening similar with wisdom points already?

3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

What wisdom points? I don't care about wisdom points.

I am talking about exp tree. Every other class has cooldown reduction in the exp tree, so they can use that regardless of the build. Rangers have only the thing in the wisdom tree, which works only with one kind of builds (2h) and which the other classes can also use on top of the reduction they already have.

Iselda and MaxDisappointed like this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Sure ... why not.
    I would be able to spawn the tree more often ... so it would be insta-killed again :)

Jhinstalock likes this.
  5. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

Disagree,, I like Deadly blow just the way it is. Don't change it.

--- MERGED ---

You change Deadly blow & blade dance you pretty much eliminate short/long bows. I know that is what the developers want for us to be all the same with a 2h build. I can train my dog to sit here all day long and push one hotkey with his nose. EA over and over and over. Might as well make us all just NPC class. One generic toon with all 2h builds. Don't mess with the experience, wisdom, PVP skills any more. stop all the nonsense.

Last edited by moderator: May 12, 2019
  6. trakilaki

How would that change the game in favor to 2H when they are rarely using DB in the first place.
    On top of it ... you don't have unlimited points so you can select all the talents in the skill tree.
    Who will benefit from the change? I don't know ... but it certainly won't be Q7 users.

7. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

Rangers have more then one skill learn to use them more cool time is not needed. And I did not say it was an advantage for 2h. I said it was a disadvantage for 1h. Making players even less willing to try/play 1h builds.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  8. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

What disadvantage dude?
    It's rather an advantage to 1h, since they don't have cd reduction as of now.

9. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

1h needs to be able and tank or they just sit there shooting hunting arrows. As boring as just shooting EA BORING. More CD is not needed, rangers have more then one skill. Learn how to use them and quit whining. Said what I had to say. Go ahead knock yourself out get the developers to change deadly blow. Let the developers just turn this into one generic toon. One generic NPC toon, no individual style. Not a lot of RPG in one generic toon. Just one toon all the same then none of you will have something to whine about.

10. trakilaki

What are you talking about man? Who the hell is using the 3p talent in the game?
    What good can do little bit more attack speed for 2 seconds to a 1H build? That talent is most useless talent in the game.
    Not even cooldown would help since rangers have only the retarded tree that insta-dies and the kamikaze bird that never hits and you can't even release it without being stunned and try again. The last skill with colldown time are the traps.
    So 10-15% damage would e better option for the talent anyway.
    In what way it will ruin the skill? If you don't like it don't use it ... or ... are you saying you are already using the stupid 5% attack speed talent and that is why you don't want to lose it???
    What will you tank? :D You have no HP regeneration.
    Or you are talking PvP-wise? That talent is even useless there.