Destructor Normal

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, Jun 5, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'm sure some of you are looking at the title and wondering why someone like me would be posting a video of Destructor Normal, but fear not. I am not going crazy, and neither are you.

For starters, did you know that if you have enough damage, and if you make sure that his HP doesn't drop into the range that makes him return to the middle, you can kill Destructor in one round and not have to destroy all the the generators? The trick is to totally bypass the last 25% of his HP with a single hit. I discovered this months ago on test server by accident, but today I wanted to see if I could do one better than killing Destructor normal in one round.

I wanted to do it in a single hit.

So, apparently Destructor Normal has less than 64,792 HP. :cool:

P.S.
    The reason I'm running Destructor Normal is to try and get the boots from the Mechanical set to go with the gloves. Those pieces of the set are no longer available from the merchant, but the 2 piece set bonus is 15% crit damage. Considering that my boots are the only item that I have in my build that do not contribute in any way to my offensive build, I'd love to give them purpose by using an item that grants me 15% crit damage on top of their base stats (what ever they may be, don't know if they changed). This 15% crit damage makes them significantly more valuable to me than the Grimmag Tier III boots (which refuse to drop for me.)

Here is a screen shot of the shoulders dropping for me from one of my first runs of the night.
    [​IMG]
    Using my one shot method, Destructor is easy... The only crappy part is having to clear the area leading to him. The ram is soooooo sloooooow!

Belei, VMmage, MikeyMetro and 2 others like this.
  2. Scythe

Scythe Someday Author

It's not often you get to read something on the forum that makes you go, "That's genius, why didn't anyone think of that before?"

I love those moments.

Belei, VMmage and _Baragain_ like this.
  3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Awesome. Also great soundtrack choice :)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Morinphen and _Baragain_ like this.
  4. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

destructor bow stat now is less then a good pink stat bow...why developers still holding on to rare drop for this bow?

5. _Baragain_

Unknown and irrelevant. It's normal mode an the point is "One Hit" not "Drop Rate".

6. Scythe

Scythe Someday Author

And yup, you're right. Destructor Normal has 48,000 HP, while Destructor Hard has 2,000,000 HP.

7. _Baragain_

Thanks. It came up in my gaming Pandora station and I fell in love with all the music from that soundtrack.

Morinphen and MikeyMetro like this.
  8. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

the topic is DESTRUCTOR NORMAL....so it wont hurt if we talk about what DESTRUCTOR drop...MR horrible DSO defender guy

9. _Baragain_

And that piece of crap bow only drops from Destructor PAINFUL, for RANGERS, making it IRRELEVANT in this thread. Go troll elsewhere.

10. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Hmmm. I thought that this topic was specifically about killing Destructor without having to destroy all the generators.

Back on topic, I had no idea that this could be done. That is seriously impressive.

11. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

you always will... and always be HORRIBLE..so keep calm and stop acting like a smart guy whos always isulting people (TROLL) with your relevent ideas

12. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Relevant ideas kind of help people, I dunno.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  13. _Baragain_

I know... it a crazy idea helping people or showing cool little secrets. No where nearly as useful as always whining about how under-powered rangers are and how everyone else needs to be nerfed because I can't play my character well.

Personally, I have more trouble against good RAs in 1v1 than any other class, but that is because they are talented at playing their toons, not because they are OP.

Troneck86, ekant1992 and Rhysingstar like this.
  14. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

If you help us out so much because you are horrible, I hope more players will become horrible. :D

_Baragain_ likes this.
  15. _Baragain_

To quote the 3 webisode web series where I got the name:
    "Pssh! I'm not a henchman, I'm Dr. Horrible. I have a Ph.D. in horribleness!"

MikeyMetro and Rhysingstar like this.
  16. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Shoulder unique dropping in a satchel... okay, LOL. +1 for the song from me too =D.

Nice, nifty niche. Good to know ^^.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  17. _Baragain_

I've been doing this for the past four days looking for the boots and I've averaged between 50 and 100 kills a night (total of about 350 right now) and I've gotten 31 uniques from the Machine and Mechanical sets.

9 torsos
    7 shields
    6 shoulders
    5 helmets
    3 swords
    1 gloves

The only reason I keep going and don't write an angry rant in the CM thread is that I still believe the boots drop, but at a rate roughly equal to the gloves (of which I've not even gotten one duplicate yet). I'll give it another 2-3 nights and see if it is still worth my time.

P.S. They all drop in a satchel. :p

Morinphen likes this.
  18. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

You could give @trakilaki screenshots of gear so he can put it up on wiki and we all get to see the stats.

19. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

I found a couple of shields and one of my guild mate found sphere and helmet...
    Also to not use red ess (i'm really poor of red and pink), i'm doing it with blue, shoting some green arrows and, when destructor has less than half hp, shot yellow.

Shield bonuses are +0.60 block strength and (the one i didn't melt) +64,8% block rate

PS:
    Do you know if the quiver can be dropped too?

20. _Baragain_

I will, but it seems that it is semi random, so we can only estimate the range.
    No idea... I can only tell you about DKs.
    Like I said, the shields are semi random, just like everything else. Mine has 0.72 block strength and 79.1% Block rate, but I've also gotten seven while on the hunt for my boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.