dk problems :)

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Hiddenachievement, Jul 18, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Hiddenachievement

Hiddenachievement Forum Greenhorn

i just wanted to share this :)

Valhöll likes this.
  2. Valhöll

Valhöll Someday Author

You have big problems with attack speed, I think you should use pet for attack speed+buff. Remove runes for critical weapon damage, replacing them with rune for attack speed. And you have very big skill problems, you use "massacre" too often. At this rate of attack, you can only shout, you just don't have time for something else. I'd really kick you out of the party because it's more profitable to take a tank than your war. I don't remember the exact figure, but the attack speed is in the range of 3.4-3.55. I'm not trying to hurt you or teach you, I just gave my opinion, and I hope you just try, it's worth it.

I've watched so many times how people are starting to pick up the wrong numbers. Dmg is important, I don't argue, but it has very little effect on your dps. 1. attack speed 2. chance of critical damage 3. critical damage and dmg. I think that's how you should prioritize, their percentage of total dps is not so important.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  3. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Well you have to look at his set which is q7 he needs about 2.9 attack speed to attain 6 smashes with q7
    assuming youre new if you look at his attack speed when fighting heredur you will see it doesnt go below 3.00
    and ofc if you wanted to be picky he has 3.65 attack speed during banner with his fanaticism buff on top of that
    and even if he got to 4.00 he would still only be able to do 6 smashes a second with his q7 set.

Anyways I started a ranger on a new account because of how weak dks are
    just the other day I finally figured out why dks are so much weaker as we used to be
    idk if it is in patch notes but ive noticed defenses now scale with infernals too
    fe i do 160k smashes on infernal 1 vs the desert beetle and 100k smashes vs desert beetle on inf3
    thats a steep 60% higher defenses for normal scaling dungeons
    imagine pw, on top of the insane hp increases

This ofc and mecs and rangers dont feel it because they have armor break built into theyr main damage skills and or dps activating skills
    and mages well they have singularity
    its their all in one skill armor break cooldown and everything else
    mages were rebalanced and dks are dog poop now
    welcome to the past 2 years for me, especially as a non q7 dk

DBS-Flamelurker and kuwabaraz like this.
  4. Valhöll

Valhöll Someday Author

There's a war at 3.1, I think you'll notice the difference in speed, and I'm not just talking about Q7, I'm talking about other skylights on the panel. 3.1 is the minimum for a comfortable game on minimums. 3.5-3.637 is the ideal attack speed.
    There is a monologue in the video, it doesn't contain insults or profanity, it's just a motivational track (for moderation).

If I'd done a 2.6 attack speed for a Ranger, I'd have passed this location for about 10 minutes. Even with 3.077, that would have been an awful long time. If you want adequate damage, you'll have to deal with the animations of your skills. Someone may not have seen them at maximum, but they give speed to absolutely everything, not just Q7, and that's something to remember.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  5. raider

raider Forum Pro

Do those work on Bosses?

I mean.. I've noticed that DK Armor break skill doesn't work on PW Bosses.. Which doesn't do any damage at all either..
    Yea, jack-of-all-trades Ranged classes.
    Awesome.

NOT.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  6. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Every armor break works on most bosses in the middle phase (after it loses the first 1/3 of its HP but only while at least 1/3 of HP remains). No armor break works on Mortis, Gwenfara, and Dragan (the last might be a bug).

7. DBS-Flamelurker

DBS-Flamelurker Exceptional Talent

That's not the reason, the reason is because DK is very weak in pve. He was weak in 214, in 220 even more. If you want to go fast don't take DK, simple. I never take Dk when playing other classes. ;)

It has no 2.9 speed (all you need) but it has 80k damage... high damage for Inf3.

1vanka and raider like this.
  8. raider

raider Forum Pro

My bad, I meant to say PW Bosses.

Harald and Grimmag don't take it either. Probably none of the PW Bosses.

9. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

They do, as I said. Only Mortis doesn't in PW.

10. raider

raider Forum Pro

Says immune, or doesn't show the icon..
    Someone said, "below certain Hp" but nop.

Won't be surprised if it's only DK thing again :D

11. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Well, out of curiousity, I dug through some footage I had stashed. Definitely does work on Grimmag. In fact, it even stacks with SW armor break.

12. raider

raider Forum Pro

Odd. I've no idea why mine keeps failing on those Bosses.

Difficulty related?

13. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

To understand something you have to check what has been done:

https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/release-220-patchones.77488/

Well, the Dk has low damage, high attack speed, and fast resource regeneration.

The other classes have higher damage, slower attack speed, and slower resource regeneration.

After the many changes made, the classes have the same attack speed at a certain level, thanks to the runes, etc. + 1 second vial.!

As a result, the bosses have become an easy challenge, a big r220 change, let's rework the bosses a little and load them with armor and increase the damage and life.

This speech is fine for 3 classes minus 1, it doesn't take long to understand the problems it creates, but they didn't care.

What you can see and the skill works but you still do little damage, and yes and no when you activate it you give it 2-3 hits on average because you waste time using 2 skills, so its duration is even less.

What other users have complained about, there is too much difference in armor shattering abilities, as well as less damage and the same attack speed.

It goes better with the Q7 set but the problem is it remains.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    raider likes this.
  14. raider

raider Forum Pro

Now they have higher damage, faster attack speed and .. resource generation isn't an issue at all :D

And.. they don't really need a Tank. Guardians and all.
    Soo.. basically perfection.

While DK still quite low damage, and not very fast resource generation: Low reward, Higher Risk.
    "Patchones"
    lol, that explains.
    "Slight" increase my ass :D
    Bosses one hit everyone at that stage.

On a site note, I wish those Boss abilities/immunities etc was readable via tooltips/pop-ups in game.

--- MERGED ---

Just tried on i1 Grimmag few times and none of the Armor breaks worked (Says Immune)

I've seen the "Armor break symbol" over the Boss several times though.
    So it's mine that ain't working for some reason.

Is it about Damage?!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    kuwabaraz likes this.
  15. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Nope. Did you check the icons below the HP bar of Grimmag before you activated your Iron Brow?

16. raider

raider Forum Pro

I wish those icons would show whatever they are when mouse over (which is not possible as u cant fix the Hp bar on your screen!)

But, apparently I forgot to write, I've seen the "Armor break" effect over the Boss several times.
    So mine doesn't work but others' do for whatever reason.

17. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Please don't give the devs the idea to fix HP bars to the screen now. There's already too much clutter everywhere with tripping over the icons, etc. :p

raider likes this.
  18. raider

raider Forum Pro

I mean I can't even check the huge stack of Buffs/Debuffs on me because moving the mouse changes where I hit too so I hit "air" instead.

Dunno why this game doesn't at least have a "Default" Attack without a using Skill anyway.
    To prevent Bots? Ranged classes too easy to Bot anyhow.