DK +rage items

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SilentTears, Dec 30, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentTears

SilentTears Forum Greenhorn

I'm not sure about where to put this, so i'll just put it in general.

New level 45 unique ring and winter solstice gem.
    +rage? Seriously?
    Did any of us dk ever saw our rage meter full after achieving lvl 45? I bet not. Especially as none of the dk skills use up all 100 rage, so we literally have no use of extra rage storage. So while this 2 items are god-like for sw,ranger, or even S. Mechanicus, its next to useless for dks. other rings have similar value to all classes, while for this ring, it is useless for dk. pretty unfair for dks like me i guess.
    For SW, 25+mana = 1 more lightning strike instead of normal hit every 20 sec,
    for ranger, it means 1 more precision shot every 18 sec
    for S.Mechanicus, it means 0.5 more turrent before going huge

What do other dks think? and also other classes ^.^

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    Ashelia59650 likes this.
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I don't mind the solstice gem because it has the 1% health on it. For a nice dk, that is easily 50-80 health, the equivalent of a really nice Amethyst (and I didn't have to pay crazy ander for it or level a character to lvl 40 in record time).

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  3. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

I personally would never replace my legendary ring, with 3 stats of dmg, with that one (or my Ring of Death), so in my case its useless too.

4. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

I think it can be usefull for some DPS DK´s, but general the extra rage isn´t very usefull. BUT! the ragemeter does get full in pvp and pve, so for some the extra smash can get pretty good. It could also give dragons fury+mighty cirkel.
    It could be VERY usefull in old times were the cirkelhit only had a CD of 1 sec but regenerated less health(10 as i remember). In that way it would be very usefull THAT time, but now it could be used with head+6 smash for a DK with high speed like 2,20(some have and some have even more).
    For those it could be usefull, but i would never use it.
    About who its best for, ranger gets VERY MUCH MORE of 25 conzentration than 25 mana. The mana does not give an extra instant ligtning, but with that ring an ranger could fire 4 shots even with 2 atk/sec. But i have a friend that is using grimmags and master pouldrons, he have 172 mana, and the 25 extra mana would give him 197 mana(probably enough to 5 lightnings on low speed and sure 4 lightnings on even the highest speed(he have got more than 2.30 on speedset).
    But all in all, best for ranger, worst for DK in my oppinion, but SOME CAN USE IT!
    But as i said, i would probably never use it...

5. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

It would be ok for DKs in PvE. IDK about you guys but I play simply with my DK. Rageful Swing till full Rage, Iron Brow, and Smash till I run out. So 25 extra Rage wouldn't be bad. And doesn't the ring also give 10% attack speed? Attack speed is really important for all classes but especially DK. A F2P DK would really love this. (I would, at least) And a P2P DK can make it worth.

In PvP, however, it is a different matter. DKs really need speed so a F2P might resort to this ring for speed. 10% is a pretty substantial bonus. But for DKs that already have enough speed, this ring would be worthless. (that is, if their previous rings weren't pieces of crap to begin with. let's assume they were decent)

My suggestion is to replace the +25 Rage with Critical Hit Rate or Critical Damage. Critical Hit Rate would be helpful for DKs because having no choice for an offhand, they need to find other sources of Crit. Critical Damage may be helpful because most DKs already have decent critical hit rate.

==
    Being a mage, the 25 mana sounds nice. We already have fast regen rate and extra mana allows for more skill use. Some have other mana uniques and would really like this ring. My favorite part is the speed though... somewhat of a speed enthusiast. I would gladly replace my 30 damage ring for the Ring of Inner Fortitude... but sadly, I doubt I will ever get it.
    ==

Can the ring be upgraded to give more Energy? (MP, Conc, Rage, Steam)

There is the level 15 unique that gives 5 energy and 5 damage. It can be upgraded to level 50 with 4.6M GoP to give 22 Damage and 19 energy. So, theres that alternative for you guys that don't think the speed is worth it. (In terms of gems 25 damage=10% speed.. so 22 dmg vs 10 speed is about the same) Except for DK, they get 5% Armor instead of Rage.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  6. daywaker2

daywaker2 Forum Demigod

yes dk not need rage... they should change the stats of new 45 ring for dk..

7. Khoainong

Khoainong Someday Author

For sure DK doesnt need extra rage storage as they start with 0 rage.
    As a dwarf player, I also dont think +steam is beneficial to us, in fact it's c.r.a.p. in pve
    We can only call 2 turrets maximum and 100 steams already are sufficient for that. Also with a tool off-hand (+1steam/s), i can already call endless turret. However, 200 steams maybe beneficial for an extra C14 and healing in pvp :p

8. SilentTears

Yours dk is not level 42 yet? coz i think most lvl 42+ dks use mighty to regain blood and volcano whenever they can to cause damage and slow down monsters :)both of them spend 60 rage, thus it is very hard for 42+ dk to have a full rage :)

about the attack speed, That is exactly what I am unhappy about. the ring gives 10% attack speed, so it makes it really hard for us dk to choose between death, life, other rings with this one, as it gives +25 rage which is useless. while for other classes, especially ranger, this ring will not only increase their attack speed, but improve their power in other ways enormously!
    Very few items for ranger increase in concentration, and due to adrenaline (full refill concentration every 18 sec) it makes ranger so much more powerful

This new addition increases 1 class's power much more than others i think >.<

9. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

It has always been like that, whether intentionally or not. One class always gets the better end. But overall, everything is pretty balanced.

I guess one advantage to having more Rage is the ability to use skills rapidly. So if you have 125 Rage you can fill whole bar and use both of the skills you mentioned... instead of building up 60 rage, using one skill, then building more to use the other. I admit, this isn't a very useful thing but these are the cards you've been dealt. You can either accept it or protest for months in hopes that it is changed. All up to you.

10. SilentTears

Well,someone have to mention the unfairness. One class perhaps get the better end in other uniques, but this one is different. It is the ultimate ring for some classes but not the other. Take for example, khalys weapon unique. All 3 items are ultimate for 3 classes,take for example, mortis helmet unique, ultimate as well for all 3.
    Almost all other uniques after level 40 is balanced for 3 classesif you think about it.

I myselfdont believe in that if life give you lemons, make lemonade, because lemonade without sugar tastes bad,go up to life and whack it so hard that it gives cakes is a better idea,isn't it? :)

11. sdknightno1

sdknightno1 Advanced

I don't think these rings are the "ultimate rings" for any class. Maybe +20 mana/concentration is more useful than +20 rage. So what? I know I wouldn't exchange ring of death for these rings. Likewise for you DKs, you already have very powerful rings in your arsenal.

Just think of these rings as rings that add to the selection of rings and expand the number of ways you can build your character.

12. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

As previously stated, 20 mana/concentration/steam is better than 20 rage but speed works in a DK's favor. Also, a damage ring can easily work better than this one.

13. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

I had this idea to make it 'minimum rage'..

Which would not mean we would have 5 rage all the time... but the rage 'drain' doesn't go below 5...

Example: we have 20 rage, and use Smash..... we'll have 0 rage
    BUT
    We have 20 rage and go out of combat... the rage will drain now drain but won't go lower than 5.

Furthermore, when we're out of combat and at 0 rage... the rage could slowly tick up to 5 or just stay at 0 if that's too difficult to implement.

Anyhow, yeah +rage is disappointing for DK's. :)

14. SilentTears

speed works in a DK's favor? that is totally not true. speed is important for all 3 classes in their own diff ways, especially steam m and sw

15. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Obviously speed is important for all. However, the faster the original speed a weapon has, the more speed it increases. DKs have the fastest weapon on a sword with a whooping 1.18 atk/sec, but I get what you mean by SWs need speed too.

16. Vendetta

Vendetta Forum Apprentice

I'm a ranger, and I see it is not fair to get more rage for warriors because it is almost useless for them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.