Does this game want their weaker players to stay weak?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by white╬shooter, Mar 5, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. white╬shooter

white╬shooter Forum Greenhorn

What is this, challenges to defeat dragan in the great hall on inf 1 to get the pet. Defeat the battleground on inf 1 or higher to get an amulet that might actually make your character better? I know you can get better in other ways than just that amulet or that pet, but for real... Wouldn't this game be much more enjoyable if you could improve by your own efforts? Right now the only viable way to improve is to get carried. If you want to improve on your own you're just gonna have to pay or have to play this game for about 2 lifetimes...

2. guardpaladin

guardpaladin Forum Apprentice

i do not know what kind of pet you get from Dragan on inf1 but if you mean the dragan pet it can be found on any difficulty, i got it on excruciating myself.
    well, i agree about the fact that making a good character takes so long time, and this is not a new thing in this game, but what you said about the amulet and the pet is totally wrong, that amulet is not that good, also it's some kind of reward for those who played the game long enough an built strong characters.
    if you are playing this game only to reach what others already reached than you should do what they have done.
    for me i play ONLY for FUN, i played this game for over 5 years, going inactive from time to time, i have a single character on the game on a single server, a DK with tank build but low stats and slow progress toward what i want to be, others always tell me to switch to 2h and carried by other but i do not, i play solo and i enjoying my time, in less than a month of serious playing i improved my DK to the point that i can play Great Hall on Fatal easily, and inf1 with painful fights.
    in short: "you should accept the fact that this game is intended to be played for years to get a decent reward, and that the money is a part of it".
    for most people this is annoying, for me it's quite a kind of fun, no fun if i can reach the top stats of my DK in few months, whenever i login to the game i always have something to improve.

JohnWick likes this.
  3. AkodoJacek

AkodoJacek Forum Greenhorn

i know only one way to be weak in Drakensang. Play short time, only few days a month ... spend half of this short time asking for taxi driver (one with good stat and tons of stones). Now there is one item unavailable for players under 55lvl (infernal is possible for each player with 55 -> not easy but this should be hardest than regular map).

btw this amulets is needed when there it is only way to add few damage stat (12% will give you maximum 5% main damages ... or even less)