Feedback Dragonknight newbie - need advices

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by XxDevyxX, Dec 15, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxDevyxX

XxDevyxX Forum Apprentice

Hello,

I have started playing Dragonknight today. I really like that class so far, and I have an intend to work on it as much as I can, so I need couple of advises from the pro's here till I learn the game a bit more. :)

Basically, I have these questions for you:
    • would you mind sharing your PvE and PvP experience skills build? What skills you use when you do PvE hunts and how do you "upgrade" each of the skills? Same thing about the PvP.
    • can you please share with me your Wisdom and Honor skills?
    As I am level 9 (so far :p) I would like to see how you build your Dragonknights so I know on what to focus early on. As I will understand more and more this class, I guess I will have my own style into playing them and will create my own custom skills that fit me the most. But, till that moment I think your willingness to share your own skills will help me a lot.

Big thanks to all that will share their experience! :)

PS. If you can explain why you picked that skills and not others, will make me understand more the mechanics of the Dragonknight class. :)

Regards,
    XxDevyxX

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'd start by exploring the Dragon Knight sub forum first. There is a lot of discussion regarding these sort of questions. In lieu of that, I'll do a more in-depth look at the questions of this post when I get behind by actual computer.

3. XxDevyxX

I have been exploring that sub-forum. I found mostly out dated things, and not too much about the new skills and stuff :) There is another thread similar to this, where a player asks for almost the same advises, but only 1 reply saying that it is too early to say what is good to have from this new skills.

If I have missed something, fell free to point it out to me.

4. onelove

onelove Forum Apprentice

Hope some of my experience help u bro!
    for PvE, focus on dmg, using 2h style bro + 200% skill to heal, it'd be perfect if you have premium!
    -> try to find a decent 2h sword + gem first bro
    for PvP, best possible combination is to use Wolf shield + dragan set + 1k armo ring from PW + ring of life (regend HP/second) + keen set
    -> pvp5,6: focus on stun skills + high armo + resistance (2h if u have high armo + resist otherwise 1 hit u die)
    -> pvp1 & 3: 2h would be nice

5. XxDevyxX

Thank you for the advises.

What did you meant by "+200% skill to heal"? Also, can you please share some of the skills you are using for PvE/PvP? :)

I will be going myself a bit off topic, but, why do I need resistance values? What are they useful for?

6. _Baragain_

Hum... I thought I wrote a guide for the new skills... might have been archived it in a feedback thread though. I'll see what I can find and if I need to, I'll write it up.

7. XxDevyxX

I double checked today, and couldn't find any guide there.

Do not waste your time for one more, maybe just show me (guide me) what skills you use for PvE/PvP and I will figure out the rest for sure :)

8. Krazydamage

Krazydamage Forum Apprentice

Your best bet is to restart as Ranger. DK is hopeless in PVP for many months now.

If I could swap lvl 50 to another class I would swap to ranger, but I don't have time to remake character (takes wayyyyy too long)

9. XxDevyxX

Thank you for the advises, but no. I don't believe it's hopeless in PvP, cause I have tried all classes and have seen how much damage actually a Dragonknight can tank. :)

If have played Dragonknight, and if you like to share something with me, please feel free to do it. :)

MANOJ, misterbean and BigPapa like this.
  10. Knifefromjack

Knifefromjack Someday Author

Farm and i mean kill, kill all of them (golds) sometimes come from the most expected places a snare plant for example. Do all the missions try and save ander for expanions.

When I started eveyone was going on about how the crits had been nerfed so I constrated only on damage and ammor and thirdly resistance. Resistance gives you armmor agaisnt magic.

I have only playing for four to five months now and just PVE. I don't have the gear to even enter a PVP map as I'm lv.46 and would be matched against the players here that have played the game for years.......

The game is alot of fun. Good luck with the drops and have fun killing monsters.

11. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Fight, kill, destroy, and repeat as often as you can, on any and every mob as often as you can, solo or ingroups. Standing around KH chatting does not make you stronger. The difference between those multi year players and a new player is the thousands and thousands of corpses in their trail. You need stuff and stuff comes from corpes.

12. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

First, for PvE high damage is important.
    For PvP, a balanced build is important.

PvE, you can basically level solo with just the equipment you find from your hunting/questing.
    Occasionally you will need to group up to complete certain quests that are quite hard to do solo, but otherwise it is solo-able without farming for gear.

PvE skills, try to focus on skills that gives you the most damage.
    What I have:
    Smash 2. 5
    Rage Jump 2.3.5
    Ground Breaker 3
    Furious Battle cry 2.3.5
    Iron Brow 2
    Dragon Hide 2
    Banner of War 3
    Fury of the Dragon 3

I use one handed and shield for both PvP and PvE, but you may well use a 2H for PvE.

PvP always one handed weapon with a shield.
    I use the following build for PvP:

Smash 5
    Wild swing 2
    Rage Jump 2.3.5
    Ground Breaker 3
    Furious Battle Cry 2.3.5
    Iron Brow 2.3
    Charge 3
    Dragon Hide 2.3
    Ground Breaker 3
    Furious Battle cry 2.3.5
    Ground Breaker 3
    Furious Battle cry 2.3.5

13. Kilkulan

Kilkulan Forum Greenhorn

I was also wondering the same. I think right now my biggest issue is Im not sure what skill rotation/key postioning I should use and skills I should upgrading(I know this is preferance, but examples would be amazing). If I could get some help or pointed in the direction of a post that explains it I would greatly appreciate it! Ive been searching all day but came up short so far on both forums, google, and youtube.

*edit* sorry to be needy, but I also plan on playing F2P, I just restarted my Dragon Knight because I realised some critical errors I made earlygame and it would crush me to have to do so again. Was hoping for some starter tips also, what to spend anderment on etc... any help I would largely appreciate and sorry for being so needy :) I know this is part of the "Experience" but its hard to compete in this game where most new players are experienced players starting new characters and I like this game and really want to enjoy it!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  14. _Baragain_

The only things that a F2P should spend their hard earned andermant on is things that will last... Inventory Expansions and Gems. Also, after your first inventory expansion, only buy it in the sets of 3 to save andermant. It will take longer, but you get better value.

Another bit of insight... have two characters so that you can leapfrog the mentor bonus for the Ancient Knowledge and improve that 3x faster. If this doesnt make sense, let me know and I'll explain.

15. Kilkulan

Kilkulan Forum Greenhorn

It doesnt unfortunately but I think I can figure that one out :) As for DK skills, what would you suggest for pve/pvp?

16. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

If you have 2 characters, the one with the lowest wisdom points will get 750 for the daily bonus versus only 250. With the bonus, it will take about six months to max out the wisdom tree.

Your settings will be dependent on how you build your character and how you develop your style of play, so play around with them until you get what feels right for you.

Just about everyone is going to have different skills selected depending on how they play.

Within PVE you have two styles to choose from. You can go 2H damage dealer or 1H tank.

If you go in a group most often, you'll want to build a tank mode and choose the skills that hold aggro so the dmg dealers can stand back and kill the monsters.

When I play my DK, I rarely go in groups because honestly it is faster to solo and the rewards are exactly the same.

Here is my 2H solo PVE set up:

Iron Brow - 3
    Ground Breaker - 3, 5
    Dragon Hide - 2
    Wild Swing - 2, 3, 5
    Rage Jump - 2, 3, 5
    Battle Cry - 2
    Smash - 5 or sometimes just to break up the monotony I'll switch to Banner of War 2, 3.
    Rage swing - 2, 3, 5

Since the R155 nerfing, I don't PVP any longer so I cannot offer any ideas on that particular set up.

17. seR3n!tY

seR3n!tY Forum Apprentice

Hello @_Baragain_ ,

Can you please explain a bit more in depth about the andermant (purchasing inventory space, especially about those 3 sets)?

18. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Purchasing inventory space and gems are the best ways for the F2Ps to spend their Ander, as it's been said. For inventory space, you first have to make a single purchase of 1 row (7 slots) for 4k Andermant; then, you can get a pack of 3 rows (21 slots) for 10.8k (press "T", go to "Packs" and you should see it there), which is more convenient than paying 12k (cost of the same spaces if bought separately).

_Baragain_ likes this.
  19. _Baragain_

He is right on. When your andermant is limited to what you farm, this is the best way to go. It may seem like it takes forever, but the savings make it work. I'd recommend buying the first line, and then two sets of 3 lines. That will give you enough space to farm fire a while. Then spend some time expanding your locker for a while. You may not be able to access your locker while farming, but you get more storage space for the andermant you spend. This becomes a good place to store gems while they wait to be crafted or items for events that you may want to reuse without clogging up the inventory you want open for farming.

Morinphen likes this.
  20. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

For further space economy (since gems don't stack), items with multiple gem slots can be used to house leftover gems while you're upgrading them. Most recommendable would be either regular items that may also come with 4, no matter if they're white, green, blue, etc. or even uniques you don't use (these always come with 4 slots) - if they're no good for using, they can be for storing.

Little tip for gem crafting, as I've learned myself a long time ago from the cool dude above: don't rush to craft gems, even if you have 3 of a kind. Only do it if you have 2 of a kind left over and one of the same kind in your gear - that way, you will gain value. But if you have, say, 3x +26 resist. gems in your gear and make them into a +45, then you're actually losing 33 (26 + 26 + 26 > 45), while if you can use 2 left over +26s and combine with one other same gem from your gear, you gain 19 (since one +26 becomes a +45).

_Baragain_ and Knifefromjack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.