Feedback DSO a NEW Beginning......!?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Ginaja, Dec 20, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
  1. Ginaja

Ginaja Forum Greenhorn

DSO a NEW Beginning......!?

Hello Daniel Huang, nice to meet you.

This is an combined conclusion of players feedback on this Forum (wishes, ideas, bugs etc.) since the implementing of Dark Legacy.

I hope you can shed some light on these and grant us some hope which u actually already did on discord, thank you!

Transparency (I think we are not sufficiently informed on what's going on with the game, progress made with features announced or staff changes)
    Last weeks it seems to go slightly in the right direction.
    Is it possible to only communicatie with us on this BP/DSO Forum because many fans and/or (veteran players) do not use discord or any other media channel.

Make a possibilty to craft/transfer Base Values to Unique gear of the same quality, same item and same lvl so we can really max out all our gear with 100% gold/plat stats, should be costly and the other item should be destroyed in the process.

Players would love to see an extra slot to add an extra Rune Trinket, now they cannot use all the runes they have and need and want to use.

Increasing the following base stats armor/resistances/critical value and block, they are quite low compared to what our gems give us that would be the first thing that could lead to a bit different options and diversity.

In many games you can have a shared bag where you can put in all items you want and share these items amoung al your other characters, its will be great and very usefull.

Can there be a new achievement (we already have Rune Expert for 20 Leg Runes), that when we got max 50 runes to Legendary we get a "Rune Master" Title.

Make higher stacks of Mystic Cubes, 99x is way too low.

Get back Leaderboards Par World achievements.

Once there was a discussion on the Forum when it would be possible to wear both the Victory Pauldrons (Wings) and the Crown of the Victorious (Mask) together, sadly still not possible.

Make guilds more important, more features, since Dark Legacy it seems there arent any (good) guilds left.

An Auction House would be nice.

Gem Quality droprate is too low on Inferno, Merciless and Blood, and it is very time consuming to upgrade gems, jewels and opals and takes forever since all use the same ingredient namely shiny dust.

Change drop quality rate or make the shiny dust conversion higher.

Jewel drop is way too low, scarce and mostly the same useless jewels drop. Sell them in a shop like Runes and Gems.

And yes many forum members said it, way too much different gems, it clutters all my inventory like 4 complete pages after a day grinding and then to grind it all to dust is still (even after speedup patch) too much time consuming.

Rune droprate and dust conversion is quite good.
    To max out 50 Runes (Legendary) is quite fast (high droprate of quality runes and high rune dust conversion).
    But too max out gems/opals/jewels takes ages, no balance there, should be the other way around since we use alot more Gems (130 Gems, 30 Jewels and 10 Opals).

Every time when there is an game update all my settings are back to default, very annoying, especially my keyboard settings.

Inventory is always overloaded even with 8 bags x 28 slots and after the introduction of the special bag so yes we still have too little space, but mostly because of the Gem and Essence diversity!
    Please give us more space or transfer more items to the special bags and make higher stacks of essences or an ess bag.
    Or give us a option to spend some of those draken, andermant, gold.... now we are only collectors =( nothing good to spend it on.

All event/quest rewards give out gear of lvl 100, vendors sell all items of lvl 100, all my gear is lvl 140-145 so all those lvl 100 items are useless.
    Only Premium Day is good, at least there you can buy lvl 145 Unique items (like Belt of Zeal which is a great item)
    Even Legendary Cubes give out only lvl 100 items.
    There should be a fair system, like if all my Unique gear combined together is at lvl 141 i should be rewarded with that lvl gear from events, from cubes,
    even from vendors i should be able to buy lvl 141 items that would be an honest and fair system.
    So these rewards are only good for new players so what about your veteran players who kept this game alife.. for all this time.

All given out (event) rewards are outdated and based on DSO before Dark Legacy.

The old skill bar which had 7 skill slots (now 5) was much better and most important more fun and exciting too play.
    And visual it was alot better. More skills to use means more fun to play for me, now it feels so limited and i am missing out.
    And why is that Urban Area T. button so tiny....almost cannot click it (i know there is a hotkey).

New Moon event needs too many runs like 32x runs even on merci/blood to finish.
    The grinding is unreal and it's really no fun or engaging in any way.

The nerve of skills, such as the mage's ice sphere and the icy wind that no longer freezes enemies, kinda useless skills.

Bosses and Sentinels, even on normal, are way too difficult for a new lvl 100.
    And then imagine to follow the Questline and Enter the Chamber of Panoltiaco as a fresh level 100 and you need to do it on Inferno (mandatory) while Normal already is impossible.....

PVP! it is surely known by every one by now, no fun anymore and needs alot of Rework.

Boring old events with low/mediocre lvl 100 Gear rewards, useless, most of us at lvl 100 have lvl 140 and higher gear, its easy to get.

I rather see a henchman then a new class, new class means same maps, same quests which we already done over and over
    not sure if a new playstyle makes up for that.

Mage skill Frost Charge still bugged.

Many times the skill,

a) Does no damage
    b) Stops suddenly like there is a barrier
    c) Does not regenerate Health

This makes the skill almost useless.

Hope things will change for the better!

Just some friendly advice, BP rather hurry, come with something even if its minor, because if there are no positive changes before 11-02-2022 (date of a new long awaited Grelease) you gonna lose surely the last players that stayed since Dark Legacy.

Happy Xmas Time to all from Ginaja ^.^

2. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

Many valid points, but for me the most important reason to quit after DarkLeg update was the price of potions, solo play got killed for me and I personaly never managed to adjust to new dwarf gameplay.

I had more content to play before the update, since i was able to run every dungeon on INF4 solo. Now I cant beat any boss anymore wihtout having to revive 100 times and use a billion potions. Since i have to use more resources than i gain, its simply no fun. (maybe a si mentioned, cus i cant adjust to new gameplay)

PS: if only you were able to buy potions at decent price (maybe even only when you got premium or something) that would help solo/-casual players like me bigtime.

Tronco_Vaaaa likes this.
  3. OopsFoos

OopsFoos Board Analyst

Why buy potions, buffs, if they are now being crafted much cheaper, and herbs and other resources simply drop everywhere from monsters ...

4. remei

remei Junior Expert

Not sure when was the last time you played the game, but AFAIK dwarves now have a passive skill that heals you for every single hit by any of your turrets/cannons (yes, that includes the automatic one as well), so it is certainly surprising to hear a dwarf complaining about healing problems in the game nowadays.

aBDuLHaMiTHaN likes this.
  5. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Have you shifted enough personal resources (wisdom points, enchantments, gems, runes, etc.) to HP/HP regen? It took some convincing, but I eventually switched to a one-handed weapon (currently using Dragonfire Breather, but Avenger was a good first 1H gun) + zircon gems for attack speed with a shield (Mechanicum when you can find one has tons of HP) ... I'm still underpowered from a DPS-perspective, but can easily outlast scaling dungeon bosses through Infernal and mobs through PW merciless. PW bosses, even on PW infernal, are a stretch now, but we'll get there :).

Long way of saying, you do need to adapt and adjust, and can mostly get away without using buffs and spamming potions if you're able to resign yourself to the fact that higher difficulties are for the moment out of reach for new toons (and post-conversion, many existing toons played like completely new characters).

(For me, the next evolution requires tons of patience as solo-farming Bloodchests isn't an option, so gathering especially gold to upgrade gems and runes and jewels comes only in dribs and drabs; I need more and better quality Lingering Memories gear, but that also takes a lot of time and luck just to find a map; boss equipment crafting is an option to explore, but again requires luck to create something useful.)

6. Khyado

Khyado Forum Greenhorn

It would also be nice for mage to be able to break according to the master, if you have 10/10 in a master you should be able to break that element with ice nova and if you have no points or ice points break ice like normal, it would fix mage and bring it to ranger level when it comes to farming solo, also they should remove the 2x dmg from ranger mark or bring all the classes close to the ranger, a mage with 17 stacks is equal to a ranger running around so I think that they should remove stacks and just let us have 500% dmg just as ranger has and boost the other classes as well so that we all have close to 500% dmg and make the breaks more irrelevant, we should use them for "added damage" not for just dealing damage, breaks should work like breaks adding 20-25% more dmg not like 10000%, these is my opinion on class reworks so that we all have a chance against rangers.

7. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

I know about that. But i wasnt able to kill a single boss in PW anymore after the update even tho i could solo inf4 before. Boss (and some champions( destroy turrets in 1 hit, so no more healing till cooldown over and place turret..just to be destroyed in 1 hit again.

I tried for couple of weeks after the DL update, but i just couldnt adapt to the new dwarf and again it wouldve helped if i was able to heal from potions without having to spend my entire monthly income on it.