Suggestion Easier Gem to Dust Process

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by ManaThief, Jan 5, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Agreed? (multiple choices possible)

1. I agree with a)

89.3%
  2. I agree with b)

17.9%
  3. I agree with c)

17.9%
  4. I disagree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I agree with the idea, but I don't like the options

3.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

Hey,

so, an idea:

Add a mechanic that will quickly transform gems into shiny dust.

Several ideas:

a) Similar to the Smelter - put the gems in (in stack) and transform them into dust with 1 click.

b) Some mechanic item, similar to the old repair system
    - manual: with every click you transform the stack of gems you clicked on into shiny dust
    - auto: transforms all gems in your inventory into shiny dust

c) Game option: Collect the shiny dust instead of gems.

The question is do you even keep the cost somehow, but imho it's negligible. If you disagree, just collect the silver or gold during that process if possible, otherwise deny the operation.
    --> c) in case player doesn't have enough gold just collect the gems normally.

In case of an item, please don't add the limited time version, nobody likes it, make it permanent for let's say a fair amount of andermant or whatever.

2. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Yes, please. Gem dusting is one of the most brain dead activities to engage in right now.

csakmagam likes this.
  3. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I agree with option A. However it needs to be done in the workbench. Need a "Shiny Dust (All)" that you put 4 stacks in and hit "Dust 'em" and all 4 stacks (no need to say how many, that is determined by how many you put there) turn to dust that goes strait into your inventory. NO NEED to hit ACCEPT cause there isn't a way not to!!
    Then you can just right click on 4 more stacks and hit "Dust 'em" again. Repeat.
    4 stacks, dust.
    4 stacks, dust.
    4 stacks, dust.

Getting the picture, DEVs????

JohnWick likes this.
  4. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

I don't like too much the idea of workbench because of the time you have to wait between crafting, if this delay was removed I'd agree.

5. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

You can remove the workbench delay already... with the Esc key. xD

6. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

Not really, the Combine button is disabled no matter what you do:

[​IMG]

But that's probably not that bad, before you'd place there 4 gems in there it would be probably finished; but selecting the shiny dust and setting the amount is quite bad, and the worst of all doing it one gem type at a time - so I would like to correct myself.

Anyways, I slightly doubt BP would go for the workbench option, because they would have to completely change the way workbench works, but hey, it would be definitely better than it is now.

7. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Did you check your inventory and special bag before and after you did that? You'd notice that your gem disappeared from your bag and the dust appeared in your special bag. It is all about cancelling the stupidly slow animation. While this method involves adding a bunch of extra clicks, you save time.

8. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

Yeah, I get what you mean, I'm just saying it's not fully cancellable, you can just prepare stuff before the "animation" finishes - you can't click on the combine in that time, but it has very little impact so it's kind of just for haha effect here.

9. Nostalgiac

Nostalgiac Advanced

Make it like smelter. Even 4 types at once is not enough. Portable "duster" of gems is 100% necessary for the new refinement system to work as intended - saving inventory space.

As for players who have enough GoP to last a lifetime, portable smelter is useless, why not combine it with gem dusting? That way people will again spend resources on this item...

JohnWick likes this.
  10. maks

maks Advanced

11. Mirak1993

Mirak1993 Forum Apprentice

You are absolutely right, I agree with option A, it would be nice to be able to buy an object like the smelter but for gems

Aeneas likes this.
  12. Cenedouran

Cenedouran Forum Apprentice

I also agree with option A, that would be the best solution

13. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

Good idea.

14. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Does nobody but me grind gems to do the left column dailies??? Seven gems and all 3 are done.

If you move gems to a "Grinder" like the "Smelter", then we would loose such a great way to get dailies done "kinda quickly" (used to be quickly).

15. spenc

spenc Forum Apprentice

I agree with option A.

16. Dragenstein

Dragenstein Padavan

The amount of time and effort it takes to grind gems into shiny dust is PAINFUL and RIDICULOUS. This alone is enough to keep me from playing. Why are there SO MANY different kinds of gems? It just makes it that much more difficult to grind them down.

cogix likes this.
  17. cogix

cogix Regular

I am not sure if I lose more time grinding gems or click to select the right daily. I just know I don't like those processes, I wish too play more the game than lose time there