Endless grinding for exp

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Rhysingstar, Jun 8, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

After 71 days of playing I have to say that extended grinding for exp points to level up is beginning to make the game very boring for me.

I'm at level 41 and still 1,186,764 away from reaching level 42 in order to open up a new series of quests.

One would think that completing all the quests would get you somewhat close to the next level.

It would be nice if more quests would be added or at least getting some exp points for doing the quests again and again instead of just getting coins.

Clearing the same level over and over for 30,000 exp points will take me quite a bit of time before I can level up and is really beginning to be boring.

I can honestly say that the endless grinding is worse for me than losing the server on a regular basis.

FAiLX likes this.
  2. vultus79

vultus79 Forum Apprentice

i needed 5 month's for lvl45 :) if you wanna some extra EXP do some Q1 and Q2 run's

3. Spartacusx

Spartacusx Forum Apprentice

Its lvl 40-45 that's long.. myself I lvled 39-45 in few weeks with exp pet and 5 percent exp gem along with some exp fruits.. but it rlly took some dedication(not casual playing). killing gorga helps with 40-42 aswell maybe take like 1 min a run=7k exp miumimum times 60 which is like 420k exp in an hour..but ull need a good group to slam it down quick. That's excluding the exp pet/gem/fruits.

4. sirbastion

sirbastion Forum Apprentice

The grind wouldn't be so bad if you had some people to play with! I play on the Agathon server. I don't know if you play on Agathon, but if you do, add me in game! My IGN is Sirbastion!

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
  5. vixmax

vixmax Someday Author

sirbastion, I like your enthusiasm :) have fun with dso, sadly I am on tegan server

sirbastion likes this.
  6. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

lvl 41-43 is worst. Good luck. I'd advise doing PW's or gorga. But yeah, i really think there should be way more quests to help us lvl up around the 40+ lvls. I remember doing the quests on lvl 42 or 43 didnt even get me to 1/3rd. I was pretty dissappointed in the few quests in Thunders Crest. Time for some new maps for these levels. :) I'm not done with the quests on lvl 44 yet, but i'm almost at half, so i think that ll go smooth.

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You are lucky. When this game was expanded to level 45 we didn't had that much quests. And even without them we managed to get from level 40 to level 45 in 6-7 days or so. From level 1 to level 40 you need 5-7 days as well ... so all together you can hit from level 1 to level 45 in two weeks, :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. Matijari_Trkxelsson

Matijari_Trkxelsson Someday Author

funny....Q1-Q6 is heavy grinding. Search for uniques is extremely heavy grinding. Search for CoTs and andermand requires extensive grinding. Event accessories farming is utterly boring heavy grinding(silver essences, fairy woods, crap like that). PvP-ing for honor requires quite a grinding. XP is probably the only thing that kinda comes along the way

9. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

If you play 18 hours a day, i guess that is possible. And from lvl 30 and higher skipping most quests and just farming bosses... Get's boring too fast. For me after lvl 40, i was lucky to lvl up once every 2 weeks.

10. trakilaki

I have become master of leveling. I don't guess I give accurate time frame. :)
    I will give you one comparison ... I am leveling from level 37 to level 38 in 30-40 minutes. :)

11. Moot

Moot Active Author

you guys are lucky.. back in the day, way before atlantis and gorga, there were little to no quests for every level...

12. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

Haha yes, grinding PoS on Difficult setting to level up, which no longer exists... that was fun (not)

13. b0sse

b0sse Forum Apprentice

Yeah, this is my gripe with the game as well. Quests don't give nearly enough exp reward. You get to a new area, complete all quests for your level and you're not even 1/3 of the way towards the next level, and you can't advance/won't get new quests until you level up so you're forced to farm Gorga or Sigri for 2 million exp which is like 400 times of Gorga killing, and even with a 5 man group, it takes hours upon hours, which gets boring fast.

The game design is very flawed.
    This could easily be fixed by either adding more quests per level, or having the current quests reward you with MUCH more exp for completing them.

14. Matijari_Trkxelsson

you sure? i turned lvl 43 2 days ago, did few quests in thunder crest and i am somewhere between 35-45% to next lvl...and i am far from finished there

15. Rhysingstar

I've been focusing on my lower lvl characters this week. The thought of beating the same level 30 to 35 times just to reach 42 is really discouraging. It really doesn't help with all the game crashing. With just a couple of tweaks this game would be so much better.

16. Matijari_Trkxelsson

you wil LOVE parallel worlds quest :D HA HA doing 30-35 times a level discouraging :D LOL good luck with that attitude :D

17. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

Bosses generally give more experience than whole maps, compared to how long it takes to kill them. It gets boring faster but you get your level quicker, which opens access to new quests.

18. Rhysingstar

I've tried the pw a few times but it is difficult to do without a group which I did get to do a couple of times 1 night.

Same with the bosses. I can beat the bosses in normal mode pretty easily solo, but going hard solo is difficult.

The exp points just don't add up all that fast. Maybe that mileage is different for others but when you've done all the quests and still haven't gotten 1/3 of the way to the next level seems like it could be improved a bit in my opinion.

But hey, maybe it's just me that gets tired of the endless grinding :)

19. trakilaki

You don't level up at PW ... well you do level up but it is slow process.
    Why bosses on hard mode? Any boss gives same amount of XP on hard and normal.
    So you farm XP on normal mode. That is the fastest solution.

20. ToshiBoy

ToshiBoy Someday Author

We ran Gorga hundreds of time to level up :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.