Error: Failed to download a critical file

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by AlexCC, Aug 20, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexCC

AlexCC Someday Author

Hi,

I'm getting this message after I select my character:

[​IMG]

After this the game crashes. I'm using the client. Windows 10 x64. Happens either with the AV on or off. I've tried clear the DSO folder in the temp folder, re-install a newly downloaded version of the client, and let it download everything before I login. No luck.

2. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hi there AlexCC would you please send a ticket to our Support with this error message please. Thank you.

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It is most probably brief connection failure.

4. AlexCC

AlexCC Someday Author

I could be but it isn't, because it happens all the time, and also because the error doesn't happen if I choose my ranger that is in Hiraja, or my dwarf that is in Kingshill. But it does happen with my mage that is in The Splintered City of Cardum, and with my Dragonknight that is in Ashraya. So it seems to be related with the maps somehow.

Done!

---MERGED---

Quick question before I start downloading browsers and Java, etc. Is it still possible to play this game on the browser? If yes, Firefox will do? thanks

Last edited by moderator: Aug 20, 2017
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You can play in IE11 (I do) Firefox and Chrome are not supported anymore.

AlexCC likes this.
  6. AlexCC

AlexCC Someday Author

Thanks! I'll try :)

---MERGED---

Nevermind, I have the same problem in the browser :/

trakilaki likes this.
  7. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @AlexCC ,

Try to clean your DSO Temp files and reinstall the game.
    If that doesn't work, and your connection is fine, as recommended by my colleague @Shine2, write a ticket to our support team.
    Cheers,

8. AlexCC

AlexCC Someday Author

Yes, I've done that already.

Maybe it's a local problem since I see someone else from my country complaining about the same.

[content removed]
    (No file sharing allowed in the forum)

Thank you!

9. Flegethon

Flegethon Forum Greenhorn

Hi to all,

I have exactly the same problem

--------MERGED----------

Windows 10 x32. I've tried clear the DSO folder in the temp folder, re-install a newly downloaded version of the client, but still the same error

Last edited by moderator: Aug 21, 2017
  10. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Sorry to hear that Flegethon :( If your connection is fine ( you can do whatever other things you do online every day) - write a ticket to our support team. Gather as much information as you can- especially error codes or any messages you receive and describe your issue thoroughly.

best regards

11. tryox

tryox Advanced

had the same problem, I installed the client again and it worked for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.