Expectation

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by Парабум, Jan 15, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Парабум

Парабум Regular

Why are the mages animations twice as fast as the others? Why do they turn into flexes that are impossible with such an attack speed? WHEN will you do pvp, where are the rebalances ???

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  2. tom_45

tom_45 Forum Greenhorn

1 - that dwarf is very bad
    2- this ranger should be called a cheater by using an external program EDIT

Last edited by moderator: Jan 15, 2020
  3. Парабум

Парабум Regular

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

For a start you are using wrong equipment.
    Witch seeker gear is not for PvP.
    Use golden Helios amulet.
    Your bow sucks ... use Vargulf's bow instead. Compare the crit hit with Vargulf's
    [​IMG]

You will never win.
    You simply suck ... at least against tanks :)
    When you play against a tank you should never get in close combat ... you will always lose. Stay far away and always move.
    Make false moves and make use of the terrain.
    You are breaking the most important rule ... never use wolves, you are only healing your opponents.

Under fair conditions (both you and the tank playing fair) your chances to win are very slim. You can only win against noobs and tanks with crappy gear.
    Tanks are playing in few ways:
    - Some tanks are attacking from the very start and will never let you take a breath. If you take even 1/4 of their HP they will heal in few seconds and you can't do anything about it. They will kill you fast.
    - Some tanks are only running and healing and only firing few shots. Hit by hit they are taking your HP out and you can't win. They are always having full HP and you will lose during exhaustion time.
    - There are tanks that are having everything put on defense and HP and have no attack. Those are the noobs with good gear. From the very first second of the fight they will run at the top of the map and hide behind the barrels and stay there forever. Don't go there ... stay at the bottom of the map and go make some coffee or a tea. When you get back they will still be there without attacking. That is good because you can win in the exhaustion time. They have lousy damage and can't heal during exhaustion. Odds of winning against them are 55:45 in your favor.

Not that those tanks are OP but ranger is the worst class in PvP ... ranger is a punching bag and simply suck.

5. Atsalakotos

Atsalakotos Someday Author

My Question is....
    Have this game pvp??
    Oooo :)

6. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

it has pvp, but it sucks.

You see, now PVP is a cheating contests and the winners are those who cheat the most.

7. Парабум

Парабум Regular

That is what worries me. With an equivalent game, my chances are close to zero. Yes, I won tanks, but this is a series of luck, a series of maximum critical hits - an accident. Only "random" can give me victory. This is stupid.

I know about the wolf bow, I can’t knock it out for 7-8 months. Those that I knocked out were a little worse than that. Honestly, I already lost the desire to do what for pvp. Onions will add + 5-8% ~ to "random" to me, this is an insignificant figure. In case the "random" gives me this bow.

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

What is your goal in PvP?

9. Парабум

Парабум Regular

Have fun, no more and no less. I do not need pvp glory, I do not want to become a KING. And I really do not want to offend people who have war characters. All move along the boundaries that allow developers. I have no claim to the players. I just want to enjoy winning or losing, like in Fortnight games. Due to circumstances, I do not have the equipment for a full game. But there, I feel like I let my opponent get nervous. Immediately I feel melancholy. Do you like to kill the vars who went on a daily mission?

10. EmilyRose

EmilyRose Forum Commissioner

DBS-Flamelurker likes this.
  11. Парабум

Парабум Regular

I saw this video. Does it not seem strange to you that an archer, whose level of play is very high, will win thanks to a series of coincidences? Critical damage x2-3, managed to get out of two camps without receiving damage and so on? Var, you can make 20 mistakes so that it becomes critical for his victory. I don’t see the logic here. I am aware of the degree of complexity of each character, but don't you find a very wide range of assumptions here? If I play against myself, I will never lose one character, and never win another. B - balance

12. EmilyRose

your philosophy makes me smile :)
    In my opinion there can never be a real balance between classes in pvp, precisely because of the random algorithm that influences it. It is not the ability of the character to determine the victory, but the luck of having more or less block and critical hit compared to the opponent. This is when fighting with the same equipment and knowledge of the battle.
    I know pvp from the beginning and I can tell you that it is more playable now,because all the elements that caused one shot have been eliminated.
    if your opponents are honest and don't use various tricks it can be a lot of fun.

13. Парабум

Парабум Regular

Absolute balance can be achieved starting from the atomic level. Even playing in cs go you will not achieve a good balance, for; ping, equipment, genetics, etc. But this is no reason to do it through the sleeves.

14. EmilyRose

but an honest pvp yes......... enjoy

15. Парабум

Парабум Regular

Are these developers who run in 5-20 ~ lvl equip? You probably didn't understand me. I understand that an oversized balance cannot be made in a game. But, I do not want to lose “honestly” in 99.9% of cases. An honest battle must have the appearance of a clearly equal possibility of victory, with equal efforts. I am a PVE player, but when I enter the arena for a daily mission, I want to be able to win another PVE player. I'm tired of the arena where they go and drink tea. And you?

I built a good house with my own hands, I spent my whole life on it and I pass it on to my children. They ask me "now we have a house, and we do not need to do anything else !?". No, now you need to build an observatory!

P.S I can also boast, I know this game very thoroughly. Both in PVE and PVP. But the last year I was not lucky and I could not collect equipment for PVP. "Random." This is my second character in this game (and no, the first is not banned, they are on the same account).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  16. EmilyRose

in the video the pvp is fun because the two CM are at the same level, both are not pvp players and have been able to choose who to fight.
    this for me is an honest pvp.
    unfortunately the system chooses for us, so you can find a pvp player or a pve player as an opponent.
    then it is not important to lose or win, but to participate as an old proverb says :)

17. Парабум

Парабум Regular

I have one more claim to balance. I don’t understand why there is no huge topic on this forum about the ARENA BALANCE? I just updated the leader post (I deleted the old one)

18. elitecrew1031

elitecrew1031 Regular

Why? Simply because we all know that developers won't fix the issues.
    Mages deal minimum 1/4 of your health for the price of 40 mana + good mana regen and perma slow from ice shot .
    Mages are legit the best class for pvp and if someone denies this fact he should turn on his monitor then turn on his mouse and keyboard and most importantly turn on his brain.
    5v5 is a fiasco best team for 5v5 is 2 tanks 3 mages / 3 tanks 2 mages. Dwarves used to be good because of Iron dwarf, now you can't hold the flag while using steam conductor .
    6v6 Ok here dwarves are usefull but only for red team (if there aren't many mages in blue team).
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - PVP is full of macro autoclickers and bugusers and Bigpoint refuse to ban them.
    How can pvp be balanced ?
    1.Fix resistance
    2.Make ice shot with CD (Steam conductor has why not ice shot)
    3.Maybe a little nerf of mana regen and ice sphere dmg .
    One of those 3 will actually fix mage in pvp and will make it balanced
    Edit: @Парабум Now imagine how ''easy'' would be for you if you had one anti stun and range half as yours

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  19. Парабум

Парабум Regular

I do not understand one thing - why for such a long time we have not received rebalancing. It’s impossible to harm PvP today. And leaving everything as it is, we will see an eclipse. Rivalry is the best motivation, but I don’t understand how it can be called rivalry = (

20. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

First, you have to land the hit... and even the bugger in the OP wasn't able to land too many such hits. Instead, he was taking 1/4 of OP's health with attack that should at most take 1/16. Bugs are the problem, not FS's damage.

Also... the only OP thing in mage is singu's 5p. talent. However, that's really only a big problem for knights and in PvE. And in PvE it is best visible what would be the effect of taking it out.
    How are mages using it?
    1. Place singu on boss, place guardian next to boss, stand themselves on the other side of the boss in the singu.
    2. Singu slows the boss heavily, which makes him land less hits on guardian, which in turn makes it survive a longer time.
    3. If the guardian can survive the whole singu's uptime, mage is able to perma recast guardian and singu and kill the boss easily.
    What happens eg. on inf4 solo (in group there's the magma shield), where bosses wreck guardian anyways?
    Mage is even more crap than ranger. Mage is oftentimes forced to hit&run all around the map... but his skills are point aimed and not angle aimed. Ranger can just shoot behind and run forward, and most his attacks do hit. Mage however, has to predict where the boss will be in a second so that his damned slow sphere may hit the boss.

This made me laugh. Oh, one skill has a CD in PvP because devs were unable to fix a bug? Let's add CD to all other skills too then!

sargon234 likes this.