Suggestion Explosive Arrows

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by UndergroundKiller, Sep 10, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

Hello, my main char is ranger and i want to nerf explosive arrows.

I want it to explode only when it hits something.

I can't understand why people play like cowards in pvp, shoting explosive arrows and they don't even know where they shot, because that skill needs nothing but concentration points.

If that skill will keep working like that i suggest to not give honor points to players that use it, because there is no honor.

2. thuglifederp

thuglifederp Active Author

the only nerf that the ranger needs is on the essences required to kill things but wait that would be a buff o_O
    The EA skill works fine !

Szmaciak and Troneck86 like this.
  3. UndergroundKiller

Yes, it works fine, but for PvE.

Decrease essences costs will just help advanced players, because they already have good stats, and they would be able to save some essences. For other players, there is no gain.

Explosive arrow isn't the solution for being strong PvP.
    (Most of the times I kill other rangers who use it, with blade dance or PS, or Deadly Blow, so it's not a problem of "you complain because you loose")

The main problem is to see a rain of arrows that you can avoid just by jumping left or right(quite hard in 1v1).
    Oh, also, PvPing vs Legionnair who spam EA in casual directions because "big (noob*) rank use it".

It's too easy win with EA, and that's unfair.

*With noob I mean that him/her plays like a newbie, who "needs easy way".

PS: oh, I forgot to mention it... Surely, making EA explode when it hits, will trigger a buff like 50% more damages with direct hit, or damages become fire damage, bigger explosion, concentration recovery based on enemy hit... etc

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  4. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

I see some of those when I get to do 1v1 for DQ when I get a clover on the rewards..., it's no different from the 2H noob Spellweavers that just shoots fireballs randomly hoping to hit you.

Although aimless EA spammers are not as much of a nuisance for me as "Blade dancers", those are an authentic pain in the back, just exploiting the weird behaviour of the targeting system when they do it.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I am only playing the arena when gilded clover is available from DQ ... I see lot of players abusing the arena ... but they don't understand one thing: i don't care what they do as far I am not included in the story BUT

[​IMG]

Regarding EA ... I will quote what I have said prior to R169

VukChe and EhtovK like this.
  6. thuglifederp

thuglifederp Active Author

Every players will look for an easy win in arena
    Mages will summon the thing they summon whatever is called then will use black hole on an angle that will force you to go on a side of the map where he will spam fireballs or smthing

Midgets will place turets on a side of the map and just wait there

DK will just kite around till they have the charge skill again

RA will use EA from the other side of London till they hit you.

Tough luck if you get to battle these types of players

7. UndergroundKiller

Fireballs are different, they do just "1" hit. They need to hit you to do damage.

Explosive arrow is like a green arrow shot maybe where your toon is that, at the end of its run, makes a big explosion.
    This is indipendent from the arrow hitting you. It will explode no matter what.

I'm not talking only about "aimless" players...

I do blade dance many times when playing PvP, mostly vs 2h DKs.

Dwarves... you can't imagine my hate for them in PvP.
    I call mechanical tourrets "BOT tourrets"... But unfortunately for them, wolves are my sacrifical goat (I'm not sure if I wrote it correctly) and they will take damage instead of me. So it's not so hard.

About DKs... In my opinion, they are not a big problem if they play 2handed. I just Blade Dance around them untill Dragon Hide expires (they become god-like, so i prefere to avoid the fight for those few seconds, but keep moving near them:oops:).

Same for me (about gilded clover).

I don't know if this:
    is sarcasm o_O

8. Beldak

Beldak Regular

I used EA only when i had a runner SW or SM (if they spam from a distance, i can spam as well :D). With my SW i don't use fireball (i don't like it, don't use it in PvE as well)

UndergroundKiller likes this.
  9. trakilaki

Not a sarcasm.
    They can do whatever they wan't ... but when I am inside the arena they better be not ... otherwise they will get reported an hopefully banned.

VukChe likes this.
  10. UndergroundKiller

I didn't see you quoted the part about "exploiting" and not my post :oops:

11. Atair

Atair Forum Apprentice

wats wrong with a SW spamming fireballs from corner of the map? it takes some skills to hit someone xD

12. Llogos

Llogos Junior Expert

Sorry but with what you say, you prove to me that your main char is NOT a ranger.
    The ranger doesn't need more nerf. What he needs is a push up on the damage, and few skills to make them as they used to be. -See for instance Thicket of Thorns, Deadly Blow and more.

13. draco994

draco994 Active Author

yes, this post is true, seen that several times, just looking at blue spots in mini map and when seeing close , putting one ea on the direction and running and then same repeat .. with no skill of pvp of any sort, just the quiver and full dam and no hp

thebearreturns likes this.
  14. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

It would be a significant nerf if ea worked like fireballs.

15. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

can you stop talking about rangers nerfing?..the forum is full of ranger nerfing topics

16. trakilaki

That is not true.
    Fireball has wide traveling path while EA has tiny line and often miss from close distance. Fireball never misses the target ... you get burned even if you are close to the passing fireball.
    So no ... it won't be a nerf if EA was working like fireball ... it would be OP skill.

17. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

So fireball is much better in short range and ea is a specialty skill that is much better in long range. Considering how RA have other options for short range, I don't see how that is an upgrade, let alone make it op. I don't play RA by the way so correct me if I'm wrong.

18. trakilaki

No fireball is good both in short and long range.
    I didn't say Fireball is OP ... I am saying: if EA keeps its current properties and get those from the fireball in same time (wide trail and large AoE) ... EA would become OP.
    Just wanted to note that all classes have their own skills and they are working in similar or different way ... there is no point of making comparison between them.

UndergroundKiller likes this.
  19. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

And I was talking about comparative advantage between the two skills. Yes, fireball is good, but EA is much better long range. Just think having a very strong specialized skill is better than having an all around versatile skill (unless you have no skills for closer combat)

Well nobody is suggesting that of course.

I'm just pointing out that EA is a an extremely strong skill, and I'm comparing it to fireball because some people likened it to fireball spamming. Is it too strong? I don't know. I haven't played this game enough to say one way or the other.

20. UndergroundKiller

Considering what you've said, I can just understand that your main character is not a ranger, otherwise you should know how much the Explosive Arrow is strong.
    But you are the same person who complain about... Mind Control... ahahah... ehm... so, you can't understand.

I'm tired of grind my non-existing nuts every time I see a ranger as enemy.
    I'm tired of people thinking they're strong just because they can click a button in the keyboard associated to EA.
    ... just saying.

What I'm asking for is "simple" change on a OP pvp skill. Of course, there is not just that skill to change in all other classes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.