EXTREMELY SLOW MAP TRANSITIONS AND ITEM SALES PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Deadshot, Nov 17, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Deadshot

Deadshot Forum Apprentice

Please find a solution to my problem. I posted tickets many times, I opened a thread in the forum, but nobody could solve it. It doesn't bother with solving support.
    The problem is the following: 1 month connection to map transition screen (as long as it should be normal)
    Solid color screen when the main screen of the game is coming (map opening) after passing
    (screen which normally takes 2-3 seconds) Lasts up to 6 7 or even 10 11 seconds.
    Also, when selling items, it sells extremely slowly, let me explain as follows. first in inventory
    After pressing the sales button until the last item (5 6 page items)
    All items are sold 5 6 minutes after selling by right clicking quickly
    is happening. I want this problem resolved. The problem is not related to the computer because
    The problem is the same when I try it with another device. To me from here about my internet
    I can follow your instructions.

EDIT

Last edited by moderator: Nov 17, 2020
  2. DimkaZM

DimkaZM Someday Author

Thats problem with your internet provider.. i'm from Russia and i have same problem. Just checked:

EDIT

* * * - timeout

i think all problem with 47.246.114.*

So, connect with provider, and if they don't fix it just change them.

Last edited by moderator: Nov 17, 2020
  3. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

What you are explaining seems to be a low framerate or high latency issue but then you are saying that you have a constant 72ms ping.
    Hmm.. I might be able to point you towards a possible cause if you can share some more info.

1) Install msi afterburner from here: https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner and use this: https://www.gamingpcbuilder.com/msi-afterburner-overlay-customization-guide/ article to configure it.
    2) Ping the server with -t switch, see if there are any "Request time out" during your session. For example if you are on heredur then: ping heredur.drakensang.com -t

Once configured reproduce the issue, take screenshots of it and update here.

@DimkaZM Do you see packet drops?
    If the issue is caused by ISP throttling then a VPN might help.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  4. Melethainiel

Melethainiel Team Leader Team Drakensang Online

Hi @Deadshot ,

Please keep in mind that conversations between you and Support are private and you can't share them here.
    Sensitive information also shouldn't be shared on the forum.

Please, follow the advice Support gives you and let them help you, if they can.

Thanks!

Good luck!:)

5. Deadshot

thx for your comments.. I did what you said bro.

here is the screenshots:

1-) In game msi results:
    In Dungeon
    Waiting in map extremely boring loading screen
    When game is able to play time (Watch out the ping, it was just a second high latency)

2-) And the pinging results (there is no packet loss)

6. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

I do not see a bottleneck at the time of the issue (screenshot 2) but I believe the screen you are waiting on is where the MRT renders. Unfortunately only a DSO tech/dev can answer what pc component is making this wait. But lets gather some more ammunition for them:

1) Is this an intermittent issue? or does this always happens?
    2) What GPU are you using? Does the issue happens if you turn all the game graphic settings to low?
    You can check the MRender score for you GPU here: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/
    3) It could also be your HDD, unless you are using an SSD. Still you should do a health check using CrystalDiskInfo https://osdn.net/projects/crystaldiskinfo/downloads/73507/CrystalDiskInfo8_8_9.zip/. Additionaly if you like you can assess the disk performance using CrystalDiskMark: https://osdn.net/projects/crystaldiskmark/downloads/71859/CrystalDiskMark7_0_0hShizuku.zip/.
    Download the zip, extract and run 64bit file for 64bit Windows.

Also, do try the recommendation from DimkaZM, If you dont have another connection then test it under a VPN. I don't think its a issue with ISP throttling/latency but better to be sure.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  7. Deadshot

when i play dso on different pc but same connection, the problem is happening again.
    I think my isp causes the this problem. I called the customer service and told them about the problem but they just said the problem is not about us, we can't help you sorry.
    Can i do something about my internet connection or router settings or ip - dns adress ?

8. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

Did you try using a VPN? if the issue is caused by ISP throttling then it might help. (very unlikely)
    You can change the DNS on your computer/router to Google (8.8.8.8) or OpenDNS (208.67.222.222), but to be honest if the issue is caused by your ISP routing then there isn't anything you can do to fix it. You can try with another ISP connection but that's all. (very unlikely as well, your latency is good and stable, anything below 149ms works normal)

Also, understand that it is possible that your devices have the same gpu for example igpu (Intel HD graphics) and hence you are able to reproduce the issue on both devices. If its true then it will be nice if you do the tests I recommended in my previous post.

9. Deadshot

could you recommend a free vpn for windows?

10. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

11. Deadshot

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Dude you don't need to install anything from the above. You can't change anything.
    Just like DimkaZM said
    it is a ISP issue ... you should get better ISP if possible ... VPN will only increase the lag Unless your ISP is that bad and is routing you around the entire planet to get you to game server. With your lag it is not the case since those are not very big values.
    The lag when selling items is not related to connection ... it is a game issue.

13. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

Not all that simple.
    I think problems source - game, theirs servers and last important - recent changes in the game that causing problems especially for players with older/weaker pc' s.

https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/game-freeze-during-map-load.82184/
    https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/hotfix-r243-2.82054/

Game using so much cpu resources ,badly optimised . Ironically problems started after "this update comes with some changes that potentially increase the performance of the game on some machines" and with hd icons.
    Game system requirements not updated, so ancient, who knows u can run or not now game or after CE. What minimum or recommended system requirements?

https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/technical-faq.60420/

I have same problem since Stellar Gold event, but game worked ok during Dragan event (spring edition).
    Now game freezing with black or famous bright brown screen during map changes, sometimes no freezing screen , only waiting time. Time to change map from city - about 20sec , back to city is about 15 sec.
    After map changed...I starting game sometimes already dead, or I taking hits from mobs near map entrances without safe zones such as ghost event 1st map , Dragan event Great Hall..etc
    I can play other online games without issues when changing locations .(POE and D3)

My pc spec- Q8400 Cpu, 4gb ddr2 800 ram, Nvidia GTX750Ti, 500gb 7200 Hdd, Creative Xf-I Titanium, Windows 10 Pro 64x.
    Tested game with laptop :I5 cpu, Nvidia gpu, 6gb ram and SSD, Windows 7 64x and same my internet, and changing maps not perfect but much faster, even frozen screen on laptop last much less(10+ sec). Btw friend playing game at home with same as me ISP, witch is no1 in my country, old and reliable provider.

I hope this issue will be fixed on CE update with blurred icons but ok with map change .

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  14. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

I was able to reproduce one part of the issue (Map loading wait) on a VM by providing it resources little higher than the "minimum requirements". I do not see an issue with item selling. Sooo.. it seems the issue is only happening with the low performance machines, but I do not see any resource hitting 100%, may be a CPU spike but that's alright.

The good news is the issue is only happening on the live server (R244_11), I do not see it on test server (R245_3).

I have shared the details with support but it will be nice if the players affected by this issue can also test the same and create a support ticket to send the log files from both live and test server, more cases/logs they have easier it will be to troubleshoot it.

15. DimkaZM

DimkaZM Someday Author

Then, why selling take 5min with Provider#1 and 30sec with Provider#2?
    My PC: i7 3770; gtx1070, 16gb RAM, SSD. It is weak? No! My problem is not with PC.
    Adding, i have problem since technical work on Heredur and Grimmag.
    Yes, on test server all good, but i think, test server and Live server - two different servers, and when update will be released on Live, problem will appear. =(

I think, all problem with routing to servers

16. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

Assuming things and jumping to conclusions is not helpful, it only creates confusions. Please collect logs and send it to game support.

The 4 hops before the destination are different for live and test server but they are the IPs from same provider and are at same geolocations. I was unable to find any issues with them but if you think the issue is with ISP routing then troubleshoot with your ISP support.

Btw, it is also possible that they are the internal hops to the game server like may be a gateway? So I think it will be better to ask the game support and try to figure out why issue is only happening on live server and not test server.

PS: I am specifically talking about map load issue, which I was able to reproduce. I am not sure what causes the lag/delay with selling.

17. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

I contacted support couple times, last time I provided tracert results to them (btw support acted strange ,they not asked any logs or other info).
    I have 2 timeouts from tracert at 4 and 8 lines from 10. In Tracert IP's not only from Germany, but strange from Honkong , and from US, but max round trip 26ms. In game ping most time 24-26ms, no packet losses when pinging, server Grimmag.
    Btw I do not have issues with selling items. But sometimes in inventory moved item leaves highlighted box.. Other problems presented since I started game long time ago : sometimes skills buttons do not work , and skills flashing like after cooldown.

I think problem well known for developers , only we do not have informed about progress after announcement "we are investigating".

18. 815rastegamer

815rastegamer Forum Apprentice

same problem :(

19. Deadshot

20. DimkaZM

DimkaZM Someday Author

I found same in log even use another provider, when loading map are normal. Maybe it is really game issues?