Feedback Eyes Threat

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by -fayle-, Apr 11, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -fayle-

-fayle- Forum Greenhorn

Light balance and very strong attack effects make it more and more difficult to play :
    - Many times we even can't see who we are fighting against, nor which attacks boss are going to make, it really makes fight difficult and less fun
    - After some time playing, eyes really hurts. I'm not the only one to feel that, many players told me the same. Eyes burn, and you are obliged to stop for a while. I wonder about the long term effect of such constant agression, it can be really dangerous. One of my friend was obliged to consult ophtalmologist...

DSO, please do something
    Other players, ty to say if you feel the same

Punchline likes this.
  2. NSDT-returns

NSDT-returns Someday Author

About the display problems I think we all experience it and it would be surely fine to correct those bugs.

About eyes problem I don't really feel DSO is that worse than other games. I used to experience some in DSO and also in other mainstream games but if u do the basic exercises to make an eye relax ( 1minute pause looking afar every hour + forcing blink ) it feels kinda fine.
    Maybe you need to adapt your game settings (brightness contrast in game + computer brightness setting) to adapt screen to the room where you play ( really bad for eyes if ur screen is far brighter than the room u are in )

Of course it can always be improved but as someone who plays a lot the game feels fine to this extent once you did the basic settings.

3. -fayle-

-fayle- Forum Greenhorn

Ok I was not clear enough : something has changed since last release : I didn't have pbms before, I've tried all possible settings, the problem is new. May be not everyone suffer from it, but many does

4. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

@1
    Maybe it's part of the design that spells make a lot of visual noise. I actually like it.
    But you're right it sometimes makes boss fights harder. Screen is shaking, flames, lightning, explosions, all that happening at once.

@2
    I have an eye condition myself, but I haven't had any problems playing DSO.
    I have screen brightness set to some 60-70%; maybe that would help?

There used to be, and maybe still is, not sure, a health warning as a part of every video game CD/DVD case, that read:

"For your health, be sure to take a break of about 15 minutes during each hour of play. Always play in a well lit room."​