Facilitating build diversity

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by silverseas, Dec 1, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I cannot even begin to number the threads and posts supporting an increase in diversity of builds and sets in DSO. But in order to facilitate that, we are missing a few crucial details. First, the price for moving gems/runes and glyphs are often prohibitive. Second, the time required to shuffle between one gear set and another is ridiculous.

Sure, if you're a hardcore player who does nothing but play this game for 16 hours a day, the cost is minimal. But for folks who play a few hours in the evening, it's far cheaper to make a "one size fits all" build and never need to move a gem or glyph than to have multiple sets and spend a few hundred gold every now and then.

This does not even begin to factor in the amount of time required to meticulously move every single gem, rune, and glyph back and forth. (And you gotta be careful while doing this so you don't accidentally delete your best gear by melting it instead of removing glyphs.) There should be some way to save gear presets and swap between them with just a single click. If you don't want players abusing this feature in boss fights or PvP, restrict it to urban areas only.

Players that would benefit from this kind of feature would include:
    • People who have a PvP and a PvE set
    • DKs with a tank and a damage set
    • SWs who have a lightning and an ice set
    • People who keep a set for infernals and a set for fatal and below modes
    • etc

2. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

I was thinking of suggesting exactly this a long time ago but then the newest patch was announced so I kinda forgot about it. There should be buttons like these
    [​IMG]
    in the inventory so you can quickly switch between builds.

Akageshi and silverseas like this.
  3. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

I didnt read anything except build diversity but thats enough so I vote yes :)

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

And limit it to no more than a certain number of switches per day or impose a cool down, and I could get on board with this.

5. A feature where we could "favourite" items which prevents them from being destroyed in any way as long as it's tagged as "favourite" would be helpful.

Or they just rework blacksmith NPC so that you can't melt and remove glyphs from the same NPC.. but that requires such ridiculous intelligence and experience in programming so I understand that this can't be done in another 7 years.

Therefore, first suggestion is much more convenient... just kidding. Both of my suggestions are out of the devs capabilities when it comes to programming.

piteris2 likes this.
  6. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

i am in favour of more diversity, this will make things better