Features that you miss

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Raichu007, Sep 19, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Raichu007

Raichu007 Someday Author

I've recently dug through some old DSO pictures, and got hit by a massive wave of nostalgia on features that are no longer in the game, so I decided to make this thread where people can post content that they miss for one reason or another (whether it be purely due to nostalgia, or because the feature really was cool)

To start this topic off with a feature that I personally really hope will return one day; summonable allies. Years ago it used to be possible to summon the Ranger, Dragonknight, and Spellweaver using special Oaths that could be obtained in the Attack on X city events as well as purchased for some andermant. There were also monsters, such as the bog monster in the image below. While at the time their AI was terrible and they weren't really useful, they were still very cool as they could follow you even around towns, and acted like pets that could help you fight against monsters. Over the years the AI of NPCs has somewhat improved, so they could definitely make a return.

[​IMG]

AndJustice4All and tozagol like this.
  2. EmilyRose

EmilyRose Forum Commissioner

I miss the drop of the past ...
    [​IMG]

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The time before the darkness.

[​IMG]

4. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

i wish we could have this screen, that was one thing i hated during the R132 changes..... i was so confused because i loved the light nature of the game, now its so dark and emo

--- MERGED ---

[​IMG]https://imgur.com/a/IZiMebv i even miss the level 50 times

Last edited by moderator: Sep 22, 2021
    AndJustice4All and tozagol like this.
  5. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I miss when my toon was actually a hero.

Back when we had Inf 1, 2, 3, and 4. And I could solo all Inf 3's and about half of the 4's and my toon was getting stronger by the day.

Then my toon got nerfed and there was I5,6,7 and never recovered. Then there was another nerf, and never recovered. Then there was DL and there was hope of recovering, but by end of February they put up another nerf wall and into May I came to understand that my toon will never ever be a hero again.

So I went to another game where my toon could be a hero.
    Then I got this taste of a new world and I'm waiting to get back in it where so much fun and heroism is to come.

tozagol and AndJustice4All like this.
  6. Lambrusco

Lambrusco Exceptional Talent

i miss the game before DL...

tozagol likes this.
  7. Lambrusco

Lambrusco Exceptional Talent

[other language content removed]

Hi @moretti82 sorry but i don't understand italian, but it sounds like: in case i want to come back that i contact to you, isn't it? i played in Heredur server, and my toons need right now a lot of time of game to improve them...and i think it doesn't deserve this effort, thanks anyway for your offer...

Last edited by moderator: Sep 29, 2021
    tozagol likes this.