Suggestion Fishing&Farming

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by ARRAV, Oct 25, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. ARRAV

ARRAV Forum Apprentice

Hi! This is not a new idea or anything. However, sometimes I get kind of tired of killing mobs. At these times, I tend to wish there was more to do in the game. Here are two "ideas" of something kind of 'AFK', or just overall chill you could do w.o having to focus while playing, which is nice at times.

1. Fishing
    Different fishing spots could be in cities or even in places with mobs (but outside of mob range, so that you won't get interrupted while fishing.) It would be a nice thing just to really relax sometimes. Let's say certain fishing spots were in low level areas too, so that high level players could be lead into low level maps/cities as well, for example Grimford, which is a nice village, where there's really no reason for higher levels to be anymore, so it's a pretty dead place now.

We wouldn't really need a lot of different fish etc, but let's say fish could be sold for gold. It's like another way of farming gold, probably way less efficient than actually killing mobs, but at least there would be some in-game variation. Let's say you could get fish that have eaten some Draken or a Gilded clover, so if lucky (kind of a 'jackpot'), you could get both a fish and a gilded clover. As you progress in fishing, you can use better fishing rods or fetch fish that grants you more amounts of gold or perhaps a tiny bit of andermant. Fish would also obviously be stack-able. Some worth more than others. Also a possibility to fish up an old boot or something useless as well. This would make it more exciting to get something decent. This is not a new idea or anything, but I believe players could enjoy this, as I definitely would!

2. Farming
    Let's say you could be able to get different seeds from mobs, some more valuable than others. Some would also require the player to be a bit more experienced in order to plant.
    Have a farming spot in different cities, where you can plant a tree or a plant. (These would only be visible from one character obviously, so if you plant your tree, others can't see it.

You plant a tree (or something like that) in your farming spot, then it takes for example 4, 8 or even 24 hours for the tree to grow up, where you can simply loot the tree afterwards and sell it for gold. Let's say 25 gold, 50 gold or even 100 if you progress. It's important that it's enough reward, so that it's at least worthwhile.

Perhaps there's some odd magical trees as well, as Dracania isn't the most realistic world is it?Trees could have some glyph imbued into them, or some andermant growing on the trees (I know that sounds odd, but let's say the tree in this case are kind of magical ;D) if you get lucky. Something that's actually realistic in this case, Draken growing on it. It would not be great amounts, but it would still be enough for it to be rewarding and worth doing.

This won't be an efficient way of making gold or really anything, but at least it would be an extra feature in which players can gather stuff. instead of only mob killing (which is fun, don't get me wrong.) which can get slightly unilaterally sometimes.

Thanks a lot for reading!
    - Arrav

rance_1983, Akageshi and Javah like this.
  2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

they can't even put alchemy ingame even though it has been on test server for months, they won't be able to put this ingame

Hetsunien and Javah like this.
  3. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

I would not be surprised at all if they will announce the disengagement from the game, leaving the servers turned on just for those who still wanted to log in.

The obsolete and outdated gaming engine I think it makes titanical every effort to implement new features, and I fear there are no more the necessary margins of revenue to finance the development. Last but not least, someone will have noticed what will happen next 7 November.

That said, fishing and farming can make sense in the context (no doubt someone will remember Torchlight) and I would like to see them implemented asap, but I repeat that I would not be surprised if even the R213 will never see the light.

Of course I'm still hoping to be totally wrong, but I do not expect anything good from these incompetent people here.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Hetsunien likes this.
  4. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I like the ideas but I'm afraid

1. it'd be a little bit too much for these devs to pull off.
    2. people will probably say it doesn't fit this kind of game (which is a mob grinder). DSO is not your typical mmorpg.
    3. even if these ideas were implemented, they would turn both into chores that absolutely have to be done all the bloody time, so they wouldn't be relaxing/afk activities at all in the end /:

I'd like to be able to do all kinds of different and optional activities. But I guess some other games might satisfy that much better. Sadly.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Fishing and farming :D :D
    Everyone knows fishing is for married men ... that way they are having excuse for not being home all day long :D

There are many solutions out there
    - start playing Farmerama
    - there is a small button on the PC ... "turn off" it says. Press the button and go outside take a walk or visit your friends/relatives.
    - etc.

I hope you realize this is an ARPG game?

6. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

This is what I fear most, and probably it's the most accurate thought rounding this game. Maybe R213/14/15 whatever the number they want to call it is the last update, since never, in the game history an update has come three months/half year (I don't know if this time the update will come after new year into live server) without bug revisions or any other little improvement in the game.

I don't know if I made clear what I'm trying to express, this situation is confusing as hell, as disappointing and frustrating.

Javah likes this.
  7. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

well, fishing and other such miscellaneus activities exist in other RPGs, such as the most famous RPG in history

Granted, it's not exactly like this one though