Suggestion Fixing some exploits.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MegaNuker, Mar 17, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

PW boss exploit and all zone reset fix.

When you click on the PW enter screen you get a event quest that is repeatable. All PW bosses require you to have the quest active to get loot. If you reset the map you can still kill the boss but for no reward. Quest complete on boss death.

Event maps full moon new moon essence v.mines and the like. The quest is a mob kill counter once complete the quest ends and you get no drops.

EDIT:
    If the ever let us redo PW bosses simply put a quest npc in boss maps. The npc starts the quest again.

PW also need the quest active to get a kill count for end bosses. No quest no kill count.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

A fix?
    There are already quests that are activating when entering PW maps ... and it is not very pleasant when you can't finish the quests due to connection failure ... and when you need to start it all over again.
    How the quest ends? By killing all monsters in that map? That way you don't need a quest because you get no drop at all since there are no more mobs to kill.

BokiSablja23 likes this.
  3. MegaNuker

This would not be a quest that is removed with a DC but when you use a direct or click on the map it starts the quest.

I am not going to explain the exploit but how to fix it. Yes there are still mobs to kill...

The quest has a count like 300. Once you kill 300 mobs it gives you a check mark and no more drop at all from mobs.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  4. trakilaki

Then I will delete it from the quest log.
    No one will ever force me to play something I don't want to.

And what if the miniboss at the end of the map is monster #301 ... and I don't get the loot? That would make me pissed off and will make me find some really good exploits ... and I will. There is no code in the world that is smart enough to prevent the others to abuse it.
    Rule #1 ... how do you prevent exploits? In a very simple way ... let the players be happy and don't make them think of creating/using exploits.
    Your idea is not even idea to me ... it is a joke.

BokiSablja23 and XAncientPowerX like this.
  5. MegaNuker

That is why you have to have the number higher than the mob count. No exploits are also some things that people like to find that makes them feel smart.

6. trakilaki

People play games to relax and have a good time with their friends ... if someone wants to "feel smart" he/she would probably spend time on education and instead of just feeling smart he/she will get really smart.
    If I want to play q6 m2 ... then I will play q6 m2. No one will ever force me to play q6 m1 if I don't want to ... i will always run past that map and play only m2. Simple as that.
    I don't need limitations in my gaming ...
    In programming you don't fix a bug by creating another bug ... but by revision of your code and fixing the existing one.
    It is like creating a car without brakes ... and when you realize your car can't stop you are creating another car that also doesn't have brakes but it is smart and only takes enough fuel so you can reach the next gas station. The car can stop ... when running out of gas but did you fixed the brake problem? No. And who will buy this car? The answer is no one ... because people's objective is not to drive from one gas station to another.

7. MegaNuker

I feel as a community we should offer advise over complaining.

With the car idea instead of saying hey this car won't stop someone should suggest them to install breaks. This is the suggestion they should install breaks.

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  8. trakilaki

I don't see complaining ... we both offered advise.
    You gave one advise ... then I advised them that your advise is a bad advise. It was said in the form of statement ... and we all know that by all universal laws trakilaki's statements are undeniable in nature. Therefore they should see this as "skip this advise".
    No it is not. You have suggested making more gas stations for that brakeless car.
    The fix lies in revisiting the game mechanics ... not in adding some pointless quests.

ekant1992 and BokiSablja23 like this.
  9. MegaNuker

Well maybe make all End bosses a pop item you farm or purchase from the mater fragment place. You obtain the pop item from the prior map. Just do not know how to make everyone needing the pop item.

10. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

+1

11. wangwang

wangwang Active Author

I have a few ideas regarding fixing the relog bug,don't know if it can be programmed:)

-----------------------------------------------parallel world------------------------------------------------------
    When you/your team kill the boss,you will get a MARK say "heredur curse",which counts down individually meaning won't be affected/refreshed by team members,It will last 300min online time(like the phoenix resurrection cd,cant relog that cd:p) and be cleared after you enter map 1 to reset OR use portals,otherwise you can not have drop even if you make team with non-MARK players.The curse mark will be displayed on the team info.

In this way:1 prevent relog bug
    2 still can kill the boss solo or make a team inside the map

----------------------------event that mobs(full moon)/stuff(new moon) give progress-------------------------------
    This kind of map should be only refreshed by entries no matter what(relog or be kicked from team),it stays the same.The background will count the mobs number which will only be reset individually outside this particular map and use the entry again.

NOTE:
    CAN NOT make team with another team that already in the map when you also are in the map.
    Just like the 1st one adding a rule to make team.

--------------------------------------------event that has no boss------------------------------------------------
    Make a boss

----------------------------------------------------END----------------------------------------------------------
    Share your thoughts;)

12. MegaNuker

How about killing a boss gives you a key and the key opens a box in the city. Once you open the box all keys from that level and boss are consumed. So that will give us 18 keys one for each boss painful, excruciating, and fatal

13. trakilaki

There are few solutions and in my opinion sebastian_fl described the best one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.